+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Leo
    Premium Member
    I can't help but wonder if Steph's boot strategy is heavily influenced by what she saw in Palau. That was a season where physical strength was immensely influential, perhaps more than any other recent season. Steph may think that something similar will go on this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills
    I read somewhere that both tribes ignored a plentiful supply of protein all around them - some sort of nut found everywhere on the ground
    In the first ep. wasn't it Stephanie's team that was trying to eat everything around them? (sampling everything from roots to leaves) I would have assumed that the one team that was trying to eat everything would have found it... unless it tastes awful.

There's TOTALLY a tribal shuffle coming up. All of Nakum knows Gary's past and will call him out on his LIES LIES STUPID LIES and as soon as his new tribe goes to TC, Gary's gone.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    There's TOTALLY a tribal shuffle coming up. All of Nakum knows Gary's past and will call him out on his LIES LIES STUPID LIES and as soon as his new tribe goes to TC, Gary's gone.
    I think that if they boot him, it will be that team's downfall. This season... said many times by Jeff P.... is the most physical survivor. Any team that boots a strong player over a weaker one deserves to loss.

But I can't wait to see what the tribe switch is going to bring next Thrusday and see who is thinking about betrayal. I can only think that it's a member of Steph's tribe, since CBS has been playing up her tribe with the "we a close family" edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mertii
    I think that if they boot him, it will be that team's downfall. This season... said many times by Jeff P.... is the most physical survivor.
    ...since Gary has singlehandedly won how many challenges for Yaxha so far?

That might keep him in for a while, but so much of this game depends on who you think you can trust in an alliance and if someone lies about who they are for no good reason, they're not gonna think twice about lying about an alliance. Distrust is one thing that almost always leads to a boot.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Is that really all there is to it? If that's all she meant, then it sounds like she was just trying to make the other women look bad for not knowing. Otherwise, why wouldn't she have just said, "Hey, block that guy with your body."
    Heck..there were two things wrong with her strategy. #1. Don't use jargon...like Stargazer said. Just define the move you want them to do. #2. IMO a pick was a bad call in a full contact sport anway. She should have been urging them make cuts to try to lose their defender, as that's the primary strategy in a game like ultimate frisbee, which this game highly resembled.

The game was really pretty stupid anyway....I think it would have been a lot more fun if they'd made a no contact rule (like frisbee) where you had to rely on passing and some skill, instead of just being the strongest in a wrestling match (although obviously less girl on girl action then).

A thing I hate about survivor is that they always allow it to become a situation where the men can obviously outpower the women, thus exacerbating this perception that women are worthless).

I just watched the tape from last night. I was ROFLMAO when Danni kept getting hit in the head during the RC!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    That's not the way Morgan saw it. In Survivor Live she said ...

I believed him when he denied it and I didn't want to cause a separation that would make our tribe weak.
    Gary said he did missionary work, and was religious.

Apparently viewers see the lie, but Yaxha believes what he says.

If he makes merge the only way he can win the mil is by winning ALL the ICs ... he ain't no Tom.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mertii
    I think that if they boot him, it will be that team's downfall. This season... said many times by Jeff P.... is the most physical survivor. Any team that boots a strong player over a weaker one deserves to loss.

But I can't wait to see what the tribe switch is going to bring next Thrusday and see who is thinking about betrayal. I can only think that it's a member of Steph's tribe, since CBS has been playing up her tribe with the "we a close family" edit.
    The only obvious betrayal that I can see is if someone from Nakum turns on each other. Judd may think he has an alliance going with Brandon and Bobby Jon so maybe the betrayal comes there. However, I think you're probably right when you say it's Yakha. Didn't Brian say last night that he wouldn't have any problem voting off Lydia if it came down to it? And that tribe doesn't seem as united or a "family" anyway. But then again, that may be too obvious of a conclusion. And MB hasn't made things that obvious so far.

What's reality???
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago
    I just watched the tape from last night. I was ROFLMAO when Danni kept getting hit in the head during the RC!
    Especially when she said something like "Let me know when you grab a pole so that I can duck!". Poor girl.

+ Reply to Thread