+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey
    Team Steph is losing non-stop, even if it's hard to imagine it ever getting to the level of Ulong.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    I also don't understand why Stephenie gets so much airtime over Bobby Jon. Both are recycled contestants, yet you'd think Steph was the only one. A twist is what I think bailed out the Lopevi men in Vanuatu (my faves of the guys were already gone, but I wanted to see the others fail miserably), and I think the same will happen here, just so Yakha doesn't go the path of Ulong. I wish he'd wait one more week if it does happen, only because I think Brian, Jamie, and Lydia are on the outside of their tribe and if they lose, one of them will go home. The bright side, is that if it's a traditional tribe switch, Nakum will still have an advantage, meaning they could lose a challenge and still be able to vote off someone from Yakha. Of course, it'll probably be some screwy twists that keeps Jamie and Brian in this game until the end. They'll probably never admit that a twist saved them, but think it was their own Survivor "genius".

I totally agree. As a matter of fact, they show her so much that I keep thinking she must be getting the boot early this season since they tend to showcase the loser throughout the episode.

I wouldn't shed a tear, that's for sure. She needs to suck it up and be glad that the guys are including her in the "who do we vote out next" group.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Stephenie is getting on my nerves with her constant whining. Yeah...we know that she was on a losing tribe before, but it's too early for her to start thinking that her current team will be losing non-stop. Besides, she's part of the problem too.

Negativity can spread fast, so I'm glad that Rafe (I think he was the one) tried to put a stop to that.
    I agree about the whining. I am finding myself aggravated by her facial expressions as well. I couldn't believe she was angry that they didn't know what a pick was. Hello, I bet if you asked 20 females that question only 1 or 2 would be able to answer correctly.

I guess I'm going to hang out on a limb by myself here, but I don't think Bobby Jon or Judd (he even made the comment only his boss and his wife tell him what to do) was being sexist last night about Margaret. If you notice the men all had different ideas about how to put the tarp up, but they were discussing it amongst themselves, but Margaret did start "telling" them how to do it. Don't get me wrong here, I like Margaret. She is awesome and she did keep the alive in the worst of it. I doubt Bobby Jon or Blake has forgotten that, nor do I think they will in the near future. I imagine had Margaret just thrown in suggestions they would have been listened to. Also think Bobby Jon is focusing on actually enjoying his time this go around since he spent so much it losing and worrying the last time.

As for the challenges, I think Danni rocks! She is smart and physical. Awesome girl. Steph, not as impressed, though I can see why she was angry over the immunity challenge. As for the reward challenge, the whole tribe just plain didn't work together. Maybe this is what they need to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan101
    I agree about the whining. I am finding myself aggravated by her facial expressions as well. I couldn't believe she was angry that they didn't know what a pick was. Hello, I bet if you asked 20 females that question only 1 or 2 would be able to answer correctly.

Ok, I'll ask, what the heck is a pick?

Hey Steph do you know what a 404 is??? I just think Steph is going overboard complaining that the woman don't know what a pick is? I guess I didn't realize that to have any respect in Stephanie's eyes other women have to have an indepth knowledge of a particular sport.

If you really want to think about it the producers could have really yanked Steph's chain by putting her in a tribe that never watched any sports, or participated in any. I am sure that is her idea of hell.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-30-2005 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan101
    IHello, I bet if you asked 20 females that question only 1 or 2 would be able to answer correctly.
    Count me in as one of the females who would NOT know what a pick is.
    I thought a pick was something you used to comb out a perm.

Stephanie should ask Tina from Australia or Jenna Morasca what a pick is. My guess is that neither of them know either. They DO know how to win Survivor, though, which is more than I can say for Steph. Her and Gary had this warped view this season that you have to be athletic to win Survivor. Have they see half the winners of past Survivors? Do they even watch this show?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

i agree with you rupertshoney. i am all about women power. but is never a good idea to step into a group of thinking men, and tell them what to do. as soon as she did, i turned to my husband and said, uh oh, they're not going to like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk

It's a shame Steph's team has no basic survival training. Isn't there any fruit in the trees or eatable plants on the ground?

I read somewhere that both tribes ignored a plentiful supply of protein all around them - some sort of nut found everywhere on the ground

Okay, count me in as another person who had no clue what a "pick" was. So I looked it up.

pick - a basketball maneuver; obstructing an opponent with one's body; "he was called for setting an illegal pick"
    Is that really all there is to it? If that's all she meant, then it sounds like she was just trying to make the other women look bad for not knowing. Otherwise, why wouldn't she have just said, "Hey, block that guy with your body."
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread