+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    This was only day 8, and as some other poster said, they do these in cycles of 3 days. I wonder if a twist is coming up next time (and I don't tend to base the previews on anything, since they often play up nothing).

Quote Originally Posted by user name
    I'm liking Danni, too, but do you really wanna see her after 30+ days? When you go into something like this, eat some Big Macs or something.
    No kidding. Throw back a few donuts to get you by or something.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Snoozin' on the beach
    It looks like Steph is believing her own press, she brought along the runaway ego this season. Yeah right, your stuck on a losing tribe and it's luck of the draw huh? She needs to take a good hard look at herself to find out the real reason.

I've no idea how anyone can think she was ever the best "woman survivor in history", she ranks almost dead last in that category. Has bitching and moaning replaced whining as her strategy this time around? it's only episode 3 and already Danni has outshined Steph in effort, determination, physical capabilities and brains plus attitude. Steph is a paper tiger while Danni has shown, so far, she is the real deal.

FORT Fogey
    Which proves my point once again.

CBS should STOP bringing people from previous shows! We (or at least some of us) want to see NEW faces, NEW personalities and NEW strategies!

Enough of those who played already!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Steph's ego is out of control, but in a way, I can't blame her. Although I don't think he tribe's voting strategies have been the best, even if they only voted off two people. But I like her better than Brian and his party of Jamie and Lydia, so I'd like to see her outlast them.

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    Boot pick wrong again... they obviously have zero information this season. Makes it more exciting! (for me at least.)

I had mixed thoughts about this episode. Yaxha really blew it in the reward challenge. They really had that one in the bag and I think they turned off the blinders and just shut down, thinking they had it. Not that the reward was anything *too* special, triple-digit degree heat and blankets don't mix well, I guess they could use them as shelter though.

The IC was intense! The way the people were selected for the rounds really must have been random, some people (Margaret in particular) went only once or twice, whereas other people (Blake, Amy) seemed to go almost every other time. I don't think Steph should have been mad at Lydia and Brianna for not playing sports before or knowing what a pick is. (I don't know what it is, I'll admit to that.)

Brianna was the right choice to boot. I'm not saying that because Lydia is my favorite (and I am rather biased too ) but Brianna really has been weak in the challenges. If you compare the challenges between Lydia and Brianna, it's not close. In the rope web, Lydia managed to grab a bag (rather quickly) at the very back of the web, whereas Brianna didn't even make it halfway across before she couldn't hang on any longer. Then for the basketball game (or whatever sport they were playing), Lydia tried her hardest, that part where she traveled, kind of unforgivable since Jeff said in the discription of the game that they couldn't run with the ball. But Brianna was just standing there, leaning against a pole. She wasn't even trying to get open while Lydia was.

Looks like next week could be a tribal switch, but the shot where they showed Steph and a few others reacting looked like it was in the middle of a mental challenge. So maybe there's something about the challenge that makes them reveal something or where they have to rat out someone... who knows, I'm speculating waaaaay to early.
    Last edited by dustparticle05; 09-29-2005 at 10:48 PM.

FORT Fogey
    I don't think Steph is an egomaniac. It was clear in her first series that she was extremely competitive and a strong competitor. Her losses were team losses - not Steph losses.

I think she really wants to win and does think she is a strong player - rightfully so. She clings to here strength because she has to cling to something. She already has a strike against her by getting a second opportunity. She needs to come up with all the arguments she can for why her team should keep her.

I love Stephanei - and Bobbi John. I love that CBS brought them back. They were both the hardest workers and most determined players ever. They had the misforutne of being on a team that just didn't gel. CBS would never bring back anyone they didn't think was worthy. Both these two are worthy and I was thrilled that they were given a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter
    CBS would never bring back anyone they didn't think was worthy.
    Worthy of what? I think CBS's only criteria is if they can snag a few more viewers.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke
    anyone else have trouble keeping the previous season on OLN channel separated from this one??? i'm so used to seeing ethan, big tom, and lex, that when this one starts, i ask myself "who the heck are these people again?"
    Thank You!!!
    You are not alone.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    They got Jim right. So it'd be 1-2. Last week and this week they got wrong.

I'm disappointed. Now I'll be nerved up every week during Survivor. I like to know the outcome ahead of time.

I hope Nakum keeps kicking some butt. And I really hope a tribe switch isn't on the horizon.
    I only pay attention to who is going to get booted, I need to start reading it better
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread