+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Insider Videos - 9/22

Insider Videos - 9/22

Let's start off with a transcript of what is usually the most interesting and revealing video, shall we? It's Tribal Council time.
    Watch the Yaxha tribe cast their votes at tribal council, and see what each tribe member says as they approach the voting urn. In this session, Morgan is sent packing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaxha Votes Morgan Out
    Probst: Behind each of you is a torch. Go ahead and grab a torch and approach the flame. Dip it in and get fire. This is part of the ritual at tribal council because in this game, fire represents your life. As long as you have fire, you're still in the game. When your fire's gone, so are you. Welcome to tribal council. It is time to vote. Brian, you're up.
    Brian: (voting Morgan) First vote for Yaxha. Morgan, I'm voting for you because I overheard you (inaudible) that you can't trust me. And I'm damn sure that you were trying to mess with my fishmonger. Nobody messes with my Lydia. I hope that this works. I scrambled last minute.
    Morgan: (voting Lydia) Um, believe it or not, Lydia, this is gonna be one of the hardest decisions that I make while I'm out here. You are a fierce competitor, you're a really hard worker, and you can do anything you put your mind to. But I made a promise, and I'm keeping my word.
    Gary: (voting Morgan) Morgan, you're a great girl. I think you do great in the challenges. This is all about camp life, and how much you work and contribue to our team in the camp. I had to vote for somebody.
    Brianna: (voting Morgan) Morgan, you're a sweet girl. I truly did trust you. Did you really trust me?
    Jamie: (voting Morgan) I told you I was gonna do anything I could to save my girl Lydia. Sorry you didn't listen and vote for Brianna.
    Lydia: (voting Morgan) This was not my choice, but now I know what you mean when you told me, "What would you do if you were placed in this position?" when someone had asked you.
    Amy: (voting Morgan) I'm voting for Morgan. Baby girl, literally, this is a last-minute team decision. Good luck.
    Stephenie: (voting Morgan) Um, Morgan, you did awesome out here girl. That's nothing against you, it's just that it's all part of the game, and I'm going with the numbers. It helps with my strategy. See you on the outside.
    Rafe: (voting Morgan) If someone on the first day had told me I would be voting for you now, I would have called them an absolute liar. You better believe that I'm gonna win this thing for you. I love you. (kisses vote)
    This was actually a great video. Not only did it confirm a few things, it brought forth new information regarding Yaxha strategy that I really wish had made it into the episode. Brian's vote shows that he has a tight bond with Lydia, and it seems he was the main campaigner for Morgan's boot instead. Brianna shows that she can actually play this game; it appears she stabbed her friend, Morgan, in the back, and has no regrets. Jamie reveals that he also has a bond with Lydia, and that Brianna could have been an option for the boot instead of Morgan. This means that Brianna could be in trouble when/if Yaxha heads back to tribal council. Lydia makes me like her a little more with her vote, and Amy confirms that this decision was last-minute. Stephenie shows that she doesn't appear to be in a real alliance, or else she wouldn't have said she voted with the "numbers." Rafe really did have a bond with Morgan; the question is, can he recover from having to send her packing?

Soon after being blindsided at tribal council and witnessing Jeff Probst snuff her torch, a stunned Morgan delivers her final words.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan's Final Words
    Morgan: Wow, I just didn't really see that one coming, at all. So, I'm not mad or anything at them, personally. That's the nature of the beast; that's just how the game goes. I just feel really naive for not really seeing it coming. But I'm really happy with the way that I played the game physically. I didn't really think I was going to be able to perform that well in physical challenges, and, so, I don't really know why I got voted off so early. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
    Either way, it was such an amazing experience; just to be a part of something like this is more than I could have ever dreamt of. I'd never left the country before, and here I am, I got to live in Guatemala for almost a week. And I've done a lot of things that I didn't think I could do, so it's given me a lot of confidence in that respect. And I've met a lot of really, really great people, so the experience overall was worth every second. It was worth this feeling right now.
    Yeah, I learned a lot about myself. I learned that, maybe, I don't know and understand people as well as I thought I did. I thought that, physically, I wouldn't do so well, and that socially I would be really strong, and I think that, maybe, that didn't happen. So yeah, it's just really humbling.
    I wouldn't have done anything different. Well, maybe I would have talked a little less alliances at the beginning and just enjoyed the experience. I think we've seen this game played so many times; we're so worried about who we're gonna align with and we start to lose focus. So maybe I could've done that a little differently. But other than that, I'm really proud of myself.

I'm glad you transcribed that one for us, cable...I can't ever get the videos on CBS to play!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    I transcribed a few last night while I was bored...

Fish Feast
    Brandon: We decided that we were going to wake up early this morning and go fishing, so we got up at the butt-crack of dawn and were like ďAll right, weíre going to get us a big fish.Ē

Male (?): Nice!
    Margaret: Good job!

Blake: Today it felt so good to get out in the boat and I wanted to get out there and fish so bad. Iím feeling better a little bit right now, Iím not panting as much. Hopefully at some point Iíll just beat this [his sickness] and serve greater value to the group.

Blake: I got one, I got one!
    Female (?): Yes, YES!
    Blake: Öbreakfast.

Brandon: I outsmarted the fish, imagine that! Takes a lot, butÖ I think we need a scale to measure this bad boy, I think itís some kind of record. Itís huge.

[Chatter over cooking fish]

Male (?): It was the best fish I ever had because I was so hungry.

Brandon: Everybody just got a little pinch, like with these three fingers, and that was it. But, it will make a terd, I guess. (That is totally what I think he saidÖÖ)

Female: Oh God, this is so good!

Not That Thereís Anything Wrong
    Jamie: We got the most diverse group here. Weíve got a police officer, weíve for a magicianís assistance, weíve got a makeup artist, and weíve got a makeup artist, and weíve got a gay guy. We all come together and itís brilliant.

[Laughter and chatter]
    Brian: Thatís like the deal-breaker.
    Female (?): That is a deal-breaker.
    Rafe: Iíve talked before. Letís just take a second, step back, then weíll go over some basics.
    Female (?): I love you, Rafe!
    Female (?): When I guy kissesÖ
    Rafe: Itís much better.
    Rafe: Thatíll be the reward, Amy, we could get some hot..
    Brian: And we could get like a cabana boyís reward.

Jamie: When I came here, I met Rafe and I met Brian. And I thought Brian was gay, because of his voice.

Rafe: Iím glad weíre blue.
    Brian: I like it too.
    Rafe: Whatís youíre favorite color?
    Brian: Teal.

Brian: Itís happened before, people have thought Iíve been gay before because Iím well-manored, Iím clean, Iím classy. But it doesnít phase me, I know Iím straight, and any girl Iím with knows Iím straight.

[Brian smashing corn with the cylinder rock thing]
    Lydia: Itís not easy, Iíll tell ya.

Male (?): I donít think Brianís gay though, do you?
    Morgan: No, I donít.

Morgan: If Brian did say, ďMorgan, Iím gay, Iíve been lying to you,Ē I wouldnít be surprised. But, you know, I respect him.

[Twirling sticks]

Morgan: If we ever have a twirling challenge, Iím all set.
    Female (?): Did you twirl when you were a little girl?
    Morgan: Yeah I did.
    Amy: I can do, like thisÖ
    Morgan: Oh, over?
    Male (?): Like Donatella (or however thatís spelled)
    Female: Woo! You get it girl!

Rafe: Yaxha is totally like the female tribeÖ Kind of the woman power, we all support each other, be collective, and then go out and kick ass at challenges.

Brianís View
    Brian: Camp life is doing pretty well, we caught a fish! It was like this big, but it was a morale booster more than anything else. A couple people didnít want to eat it, which I understand, it was a tiny fish, it couldnít go all around anyways. But, just try it.. get some protein in you, itís not much anyways. But I took a bite. It was nice to get something different in my mouth other than all this corn, and weíre kind of out of fruit. It was a nice change of pace anyways.

Brian: A bunch of us were sleeping in the shelter and then Gary comes up scream, ďWE GOT A FISH! ITíS THE BIGGEST MONSTER! WE GOT A SHARK!Ē So we all come scrambling out of the shelter, all excited, falling over ourselves to see this fish. And of course, itís this big.. and it was all a joke I thought it was funny, I was laughing. Jamie was kind of annoyed, he spent more energy getting out of the shelter than he would have eating the fish. So, it was funny. Weíre just so delirious out here that anything to make us laugh out here is fine by me. So Gary brought it up, he threw it in the skillet and we are it. We split it six ways, and you can imagine a fish, six ways how big that goes.. not far.

Brian: Lydia didnít want to try the fish, I think because sheís a fishmonger and sheís kind of sick of fish and even though weíve been hungry for five days, sheís had enough fish in her lifetime that she doesnít need to eat a fish this big right now when itís being split that much. Then Morgan, Brianna, and Jamie, who are all feeling a little bit down and wasting energy, none of them wanted the fish, even though they are the three who probably need it more than anyone else.

Brian: Lydia and I are getting pretty close. I get along really well with Lydia. I think that she feels really left out, out here by a lot of the young kids. I think a lot of the teammates looked at her and thought she was going to hold us back. And the fact of the matter is that Lydia has a better track record in the challenges than Rafe, Brianna, and Amy too. So Lydiaís not even one of the bottom three in our tribe, as far as Iím concerned, I think sheís done amazing work. She hauls ass around camp. She pulls twice her body weight in palm fans and wood every day. Sheís doing a great job, Iím proud of her and sheís proud of herself. And sheís here to push herself.

Brian: Lydia and I have spent a lot of time together down at the lake on the dock. She was feeling pretty down the other day, feeling left out and no one wanted to listen to her, like she couldnít be herself out here. And so I knew that that was my opportunity to get Lydia on my side and make sure she wouldnít vote for me because Iím one person here who does listen to Lydia and does like her for who she is and she can be herself around me. So we talked about that, watching out for each other and making sure that if we hear anything about people voting for someone. If I hear someone voting for Lydia, or she hears someone voting for me, itís getttin right back to each other.

Not long before her tribemates vote her out at the upcoming Tribal Council, Morgan waxes eloquent about how well the members of Yaxha get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Girly Girls and Girly Guys
    Morgan: Our tribe is so wonderful because they - we are, like, kind of feminine, and not in a bad way. Like, our guys are very, like, sensitive, and understanding, and they're really proud of us. And they, like, when we do good in a challenge, like the challenge where we had to move the logs, you know, the first immunity challenge that we won, they were like, you know, "You guys kicked butt. You guys did so good." And it just felt really really good to hear the guys say that because, of course, it was a team effort, and they could have been like, "Yeah, well we pulled." You know, they could have been cocky guys, and they weren't. They were so, like, sweet, and it was so genuine. Our guys are really, really great. And they don't look - our guys don't look like they're, like, these athletic powerhouses. But they're good; they're really athletic, they're really strong, and they have a lot of heart, which is, you know, more than I ever could have asked for out of a team.

One thing that I was concerned about coming out here was that I would be, like, this huge girly girl and, you know, people would look down on me, and that I wouldn't know as much as everybody else. But my knowledge has actually contributed. And these guys have been, like, really great, and really appreciative of that. And it's so great, how, like, the girls and the guys are all kind of, like, on the same plane; we're all on the same page. And it's just so - it's just really nice to have a day off like this and just to sit around and, like, play games and be stupid and, you know, "Ok, you go rest; We'll take care of it." I mean, I just - we work together really well.

It's interesting to see how the dynamic of the group is gonna go, because right now we're so close, and I think - right now that can only help us. But it's gonna get really hard, like, later on down the road, you know, because Nakum is a really, really strong tribe Like, they've won, we've won, they've won. So if it does get to that point where we have to go to Tribal Council, I don't want to have to vote any of these people out, but I'm gonna have to. So, it's great that we're all friends, and that we have such great unity, because we can go in and win together, we can lose together. But, I'm not really ready to vote anybody out yet.
    Aw, how sweet. Just goes to show how Morgan never realized the bunch of scheming backstabbers she has on her tribe right now.

The morning after she was voted out of Yaxha, a rested and rejuvenated Morgan mulls over why her tribemates axed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan, the Day After
    Morgan: Right now, I'm feeling a little shell-shocked - not as bad as last night. It's definitely a surprise to be the one voted off last night, but I'm ok with it today. I'm starting to piece some things together. I don't think I'll really understand everything there is to know until it's all said and done.

I think that I did get along with everyone on the tribe. I think that they got along with me. I think I was more voted out for other reasons that had nothing to do with the way that your personalities click or personal relationships. I think that those were kind of left on the sidelines last night at tribal council and people put their game faces on and just did what they thought they had to do. And, for that reason, I can't be mad or angry at anyone. I really, really, sincerely care about everyone that was on my tribe, and they all voted for me. They weren't honest with me. They didn't tell me that they were going to vote for me. I didn't know that that was happening last night. They told me something different; I got lied to. And it really, really hurts. I kind of feel like I've been cheated on.

Tribal council last night was so sincere. The question-asking, that time between asking the questions and people going up and placing their votes, and Jeff coming back, and right before him reading the votes; there was just a lot of dead time to think. And that was so the furthest thing from my mind, getting voted off. Having to pick up my torch, and have it get snuffed out. I didn't think that was going to be my last tribal council, that's for sure.
    I feel as if my Survivor experience hasn't ended quite yet. I still have a lot of questions to ask people. I still have a lot of things to piece together before I can close this chapter on my life, and step away from it, and look at the experience as a whole, and be like, "Wow." This is my first time leaving the country. I had never even left the country before, and here I am living in the jungle of Guatemala, and faring a lot better than I ever thought I would. I've learned - what's been the biggest thing for me?. I've learned a lot about myself. I've always been - I look like this sorority girl that that can't do anything and I was the one that taught all these guys how to make fire from flint.

So, it's taught me that there is a lot more to me. I mean, I knew that I was complex. I knew that I was more than what I looked like. But it kind of reinstated that for me. 'Cause a lot of times you get caught up in what people think about you and you start to believe stuff. And then I get this amazing opportunity to do something like this. I havenít been this physical ever in my life. I mean, I did sports and stuff in high school, and was challenged in that way. I was part of a team. But you go off to college and maybe go for a run if you feel like it. But my body Ė I am physical. I can do stuff. I am really strong. So I learned that about myself.

The mind is a powerful, powerful thing. I've been fine. I was fine. I had a lot more game to play and that's because I'm very, very strong-willed and I have a lot of heart. Even though I got voted off really early this game has given me a lot of confidence. Because after you do a 15 mile hike through the Guatemalan jungle and you do some of the challenges that I did - there's not a lot you can't do after that.

Right now, if I could say something to my tribe, I would say I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye. When I left Tribal Council last night I was just so shocked that I couldn't even turn around and say anything. I want one of them to win the million dollars, and I want them to do really well as a tribe, and I want them to stay really close because we were so united. Having to vote somebody off was a big deal to all of us. We didn't want to lose anyone and so I hope that they're doing well and that they're staying united without me. I really do. So, I want to say, "I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye. I do want one of you to win." I just am not mad. I want to see all of them on the other side.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I've tried looking, I REALLY have, but I can't find the 'Insider' vdeos on CBS's website. I'm able to see a few *older* videos (Morgan's exit speech, etc.), but what about clips since then?

Anybody?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I've tried looking, I REALLY have, but I can't find the 'Insider' vdeos on CBS's website. I'm able to see a few *older* videos (Morgan's exit speech, etc.), but what about clips since then?

Anybody?
    They haven't fully updated their video viewing thing since Episode 2. The videos are there, but they're not available on the menus. Survivor Live videos can be found by clicking on the "Survivor Live Archives" button, but the other videos can't be found in such a way. Personally, I use the address of an older video, change the numbers that are on the end of it, and view it in Windows Media Player.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Thanks.

So, have you been able to view the 'newer' videos in the manner described above (changing the number at the end of the URL)?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    So, have you been able to view the 'newer' videos in the manner described above (changing the number at the end of the URL)?
    I've been able to view Episode 3's videos; I haven't tried watching the Episode 4 ones yet. You know, you'd think CBS would have hired some better webmasters by this point. They were screwing up in the beginning by announcing Greg Buis's boot early, among other mistakes, and they're still screwing up now.

+ Reply to Thread