+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 9/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Wow, crash and burn for the spoiler sites.
    I guess we see what they are capable of sniffing out now they don't have Snewser to rely on.
    What happened to Snewster?
    Why doesn't Gary want anyone to know that he was a quarterback? I'm surprised that Danni knows of him considering it was so long ago. It seems almost strange. It would be one thing if he was someone who had played within the last few years, but 15 years ago??
    I certainly hope Steph and BJ realize there is no way they will win this. The tribes would be stupid to even let them get that far.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten
    I missed the ep because of a power outage, so why did they blame Lydia? From what i've seen on the boards, some of the guys did a lot worse...
    Lydia was blamed because many are acting like Tribe Ulong Junior, not very long on smarts. Rafe should have gone. I think Steph is attaching herself to gary thinking he will be another Tom :

Must be in the editing...

I must be missing something about Rafe's contribution at camp-- something that he must be doing to make himself an asset to the team beyond collecting ants to eat-- which offsets his godawful performance at RC. Clearly his lost time during the challenge was the single most influential factor in Yaxha's loss, and that cost them revitalizing food.. something that may well have helped them win immunity (something to offset Judd's leverage). But no, they decide to get rid of Morgan-- who, while apparently clueless and not much help around camp, did an incredible job at the reward challenge-- actually helped them catch up for Rafe's lost time.

I'm no Survivor master strategist, but I have to believe they need to stick-- for a little while anyway, before merge-- with a plan of maintaining team strength and agility to win immunity challenges to keep the team strong. Rafe ain't deliverin' the goods.
    "The key to keep away is having a lot of extra hats at home..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    Why doesn't Gary want anyone to know that he was a quarterback?
    Maybe he's worried they'd think "Why does he need a million, he was an NFL quarterback!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I'm surprised that Danni knows of him considering it was so long ago. It seems almost strange. It would be one thing if he was someone who had played within the last few years, but 15 years ago??
    Yeah, I guess maybe she just knows her stuff. I personally don't see him going far, whether people know his past or not. He doesn't deal with people well... he can't lie, that's apparent... he couldn't handle a direct question from Lydia about her being a target... If they're smart, they'll keep him around until merge, maybe, then get him gone. It shouldn't be hard to outsmart him and play behind his back.
    "The key to keep away is having a lot of extra hats at home..."

Gary probably thinks that if he told anybody he was an NFL QB, then he would be voted out asap. And that those people think that he is set for life. Meaning that he has the money you know!
    Halloween 2014!

Somebody needs to tell Judd to shut his NYC mouth up or give him a fatlip.
    Is it me or is he complaining about everything. Because he never says anything positive but complains all the time and everytime!
    Halloween 2014!

Judd is the Survivor I dislike the most on Nakum now or put it another way my least favorite survivor in Nakum. " I just love all of them!!.. But he was really impressive in the tug of war especially in the final round...He basically outsmarted Jamie there

I'm thinking Gary must so hate Danni for revealing that he's former NFL quarterback but of course I'm still intruiged as to why Gary wants to keep his former identity a secret.

Another thing, I was really surprised how well Blake did in the reward challenge considering his state of health. I was thinking Brandon would go back the second time considering that he basically blasted through the course the first time round.
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

FORT Upperclassman
    Gary may want to keep his identity a secret so that the others wouldn't target him as someone who doesn't need the $1,000,000. Probably not so important in the early rounds, but could be a factor later on.

There was mention of the same factor with Rodger/Kentucky Joe in Australian Outback, Carl, the dentist (I think this is his name) in Africa, and all former winners in All-Stars. Denna, of Amazon, said in a local interview that everyone was poor-mouthing themselves.

I think Gary is smart to pretend he is someone else, not wealthy, even as he has been properly identified by Danni. Time will tell if he can pull it off. It will be interesting to hear comments at the reunion show.

Even though she is in the business, I'm impressed that Danni identified him. I'm a football fan and remember Gary Hogeboom, but couldn't remember what he looked like. I'm older than Danni and Gary too.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I don't think it's that smart. Gary can only deny and lie for so long and if he makes it to the end it may end up causing him to lose the money.
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

FORT Fogey
    Yep, I didn't mind his not tellling them initially because it wasn't a lie. But when someone asked him point blank, he should have come clean. If he and Danni both make it to the merge, which if the teams are smart, they will, you better believe she's gonna call him on it, at which time he will have been lying for two weeks straight.

+ Reply to Thread