+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 9/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

All I can say is, these people living in a jungle, look much better than I do when I get up in the morning. I would love to know their secret.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Q.. hard to believe, isn't it???

Melsevene.... Stephenie's eyebrows have always been a source of over-plucked wonder and amazement. Scary, isn't it?
    Wow, it's hard to believe I missed them the first time around. All I can say is, someone give that girl some waxing/tweezing tips - or take the tools out of her hands and tell her to seek professional help!

I was hoping Steph would go home last night just so I wouldn't be so distracted by her eyebrows - but maybe that's part of her plan... distract the other players with such an abnormality that they can't focus on playing the game...

I can't figure out why so many men wanted Lydia voted out because they think she is weak, clearly Rafe had more trouble performing in the IM than Lydia. Also, women had better watch it seems the men are calling the shots. Jamie is particularly scared of Steph because she performs like a man. Duh, then why don't he target the strong men as well. I'm not for bringing any prior reality show contestants back. Once is enough, it causes boredom for the viewers and irritation for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands
    I can't figure out why so many men wanted Lydia voted out because they think she is weak, clearly Rafe had more trouble performing in the IM than Lydia.
    Sexist comment following: because men are too blind to realize their own faults and instead insist upon viewing women as weak. That was blatantly the case with Jamie... he couldn't even recognize Stephenie as a "strong woman" and instead had to label her "just like a man." The dumb pig.

I don't even think Rafe is smart enough to have been trying to deflect attention away from his own shortcomings. That might have been acceptable.. but I truly think all they were thinking is Lydia=old woman=needs to go. Morons.

Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    The only two that fell in were Rafe and Judd. Morgan seemed to do pretty well on that challenge.
    I didn't tape it so I can't go back and check but I'm pretty sure Brianne fell in too. Almost as soon as she got on teh spider ropes

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I didn't tape it so I can't go back and check but I'm pretty sure Brianne fell in too. Almost as soon as she got on teh spider ropes
    You're right, Brianna did fall in. Considering Yakha had 2 of their tribemates fall in the water vs. Nakum only having one, and how long it took Rafe to get up the ladder and Brian losing time against Cindy, I'm surprised it was as close as it was. I was thinking that all the survivor's went for the bags in front first, and that seemed to cause some problems in the end when they had to climb all the way back to get a bag. I wonder if it would have been easier for them to try and get bags farther back so when they got towards the end they wouldn't have so far to climb. Of course, that could have backfired.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I think the main gripe about Blake doing nothing around camp so he can rest up for the challenges puts everyone else on the tribe on the hot seat. They all work around camp and therefore are not as rested as Blake. That's plenty of reason for anyone of them to be the cause of losing a challenge and getting booted. By doing nothing at camp, Blake IS able to pull his weight on the challenges and that may be enough reason for him not to be targeted while others who do more all around would be.
    Last edited by Shady64; 09-23-2005 at 05:48 PM.

I missed the ep because of a power outage, so why did they blame Lydia? From what i've seen on the boards, some of the guys did a lot worse...
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

I was surprised that Rafe was not targeted because of his poor performance on the spider web. Lydia and Morgan had not problem, in fact I was impressed with Lydia's perfomance during that challenge and the fact that she used her brains and provided minnows for the tribe. If she does the fishing thing in 2 or 3 places on the beach, and catches an average of 30 minnows thats 3 per and it is all protein. That's a valuable asset right there.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I got a kick out of Brandon tonight. Was he the one that said something about getting up "at the butt-crack of dawn"?
    Don't tell mom the babysitter's dead. I, too, like to reference obscure movie quotes. It makes me seem "witty." Otherwise, I'd just seem like me.

Jamie is particularly scared of Steph because she performs like a man. Duh, then why don't he target the strong men as well.
    We said that last year, too, especially since Steph never won anything (unless she was up against Bobby Jon). Didn't work then; probably won't work now.

+ Reply to Thread