+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Jeff Probst leaving after season 12?

FORT Fogey
    If Jeff does leave I would not be surprised to hear the series would end. He is more than just a host. He and Burnet work closely together; it is very much a team effort. Jeff has already said that there is nothing more new to do. Better to go out and leave em wanting more. Burnet will create another show.

If he is replaced, only an unknown would work. Hatch is too controversial. The host has to be the glue and ground the show. We cant have any preconcieved opinions about one to take over this position.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I just cannot imagine Survivor without him and I don't think we will ahve to. He has a great job, a dream job really and I bet he knows that.
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneysummers
    I just cannot imagine Survivor without him and I don't think we will ahve to. He has a great job, a dream job really and I bet he knows that.
    He has said he wants to start a family and does not want to travel when this happens.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...Probst-ON.html

Jeff Probst reportedly wants off 'Survivor'

Associated Press
    Oct. 6, 2005 08:09 AM

NEW YORK - Unlike the players, Jeff Probst doesn't have to struggle with any of those challenges on "Survivor." And, he gets meals, a clean bed and daily showers while he's on location for the show.

But, word is, he doesn't want to host "Survivor" any more.

Inside TV says Probst wants to leave the show when his contract is up after next season.

The magazine says he wants to settle down with his girlfriend, Julie Berry from "Survivor: Vanuatu," and get a job where he doesn't have to travel.

Inside TV says former players might be considered as host if Probst leaves.
    Here's something else about Jeff leaving when his contract is up next season. I'm not crazy about the thought of past players replacing Jeff. Especially since I can already see how some of them will come across if they get the role

Ohhh THAT Julie! Well, to be honest, Jeff is starting to wear down in his looks. I think it's time for him to rest. I can't see the show being hosted by anyone else, though. I think they should give the Survivor series a rest after the next season. Or make a "Who will host 'Survivor'" with 16 castaways on an island and they vote each other off, and whoever wins gets to host the show haha!

I think someone has already said it but I think Joe Rogan would make a great host. Wonder if he would leave Fear Factor?
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl
    I think someone has already said it but I think Joe Rogan would make a great host. Wonder if he would leave Fear Factor?
    Of couse he would. I would think any person would jump at the chance to host the most successful reality show out there if they were asked.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    That's exactly what he said. This sounds like a pre end of contract negotiation ploy to me. And I agree with whoever said The Mole sucked when they lost Anderson Cooper & went to that pseudo celebrity crapola with Ahmad Rashad.
    They didn't lose Anderson Cooper. They cancelled the regular Mole show. Later they created the stupid celebrity Mole.

Quote Originally Posted by leenie
    They didn't lose Anderson Cooper. They cancelled the regular Mole show. Later they created the stupid celebrity Mole.
    CNN had a hand in denying Anderson the opportunity to continue as host of The Mole. So no matter how it came about the end result was the same. The show stunk when the format & host was changed.

I would love to see Joe Rogan (host Fear Factor) do Survivor. My understanding is Fear Factor was scratched by NBC for the beginning of fall season but will return mid season. The only two former reality players I can think of that would be great are Dr. Will (Big Brother) or Colby (Survivor 2, I think). I have read that Jeff and Colby are good friends. If Rob is made host, I dislike him so much I would not watch, seen enough of this obnoxious smart aleck. I have more than seen enough of Rupert too.

+ Reply to Thread