+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Jeff Probst leaving after season 12?

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    I like the idea of either Colby, Rob Cesternino, or Hatch. In that order, with Colby and Rob tied for first.
    I like Hatch. Several seasons ago, there was discussion/rumors of him taking over. I like the idea of certain past survivors hosting. They would bring a new element to the show.

But I love Jeff. I would really miss him

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT touch Phil from the Amazing Race". The man makes half of the show!
    LOL that is just too funny! And, I so totally agree!!!!

If I can survive the end of the Art Fleming era of Jeopardy, you all can survive Jeff leaving Survivior.

:nono And I'll thank you whippersnappers to not ask WHO??
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    If I can survive the end of the Art Fleming era of Jeopardy, you all can survive Jeff leaving Survivior.

I remember him (ok I am old)
    There's no place like home!

FORT Regular
    I can't find the links but I did read that Jeff and Julie are still together (she was on location with him for most of the Guatemala taping) and that CBS only picks up two Survivor series at a time. That's why Jeff is only signed on through S12 - CBS only picked up 11 and 12 for this year/beginning of 2007.

If I can find the link, I'll post but it was in the preview press that Jeff does prior to each series start.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder

Art Fleming! Back in the days that if the winner took home $1,000 that was a huge day. If I remember correctly the questions ranged from $10-$50. Is that right?

I dont think you want a comic character, in the role of Host. I love Boston Rob, Fairplay among others, but, you really need someone who knows strategy, and can ask the right questions at council, in a manner that doesnt showcase the Host, but, rather the game and current players.
    For that reason, I think Richard Hatch could be a very good choice. (Providing hes not in federal prison by then)

FORT Newbie & Old FORT TELLitLIKEitIS's Avatar
    I like Hatch. Several seasons ago, there was discussion/rumors of him taking over. I like the idea of certain past survivors hosting. They would bring a new element to the show.
    Hatch could only do it if they allow him to host from prison...LOL!!! He's got a few legal problems to iron out first I think. Oh and someone would have to explain to him that he HAS to claim his earnings as host.

Nah...Jeff will stick around for awhile yet I'm sure. All just rumors to fuel the fire and hopefully get him a better contract....
    "Until mankind is peaceful enough not to have violence on the news, there's no point in taking it out of shows that need it for entertainment value!" - Cher, Clueless

Tada
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Art Fleming! Back in the days that if the winner took home $1,000 that was a huge day. If I remember correctly the questions ranged from $10-$50. Is that right?
    Yes... I've only been around long enough to see $100-$500 clues before they doubled the money, though. But I've read a Wikipedia article which listed the values over the years.

Anyway, more on topic, they'll probably be interested in keeping Probst though. Usually, game shows don't survive host changes, and Survivor is sort-of like one.

Survivor would not be the same without Jeff. No one could confront the survivors like Jeff can. Wish other hosts would take a lesson from Jeff and confront their players.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread