+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Jeff Probst leaving after season 12?

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Yes, an intelligent host is required. Colby would probably be good,
    I'm not sure he's too bright either, he gave away a million the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog
    DIdn't Jeff say once he would "ride that motherf'r (Survivor) into the ground?
    That's exactly what he said. This sounds like a pre end of contract negotiation ploy to me. And I agree with whoever said The Mole sucked when they lost Anderson Cooper & went to that pseudo celebrity crapola with Ahmad Rashad.

FORT Fogey
    As much as there are people out there who hate Rob & Amber with a passion, they clearly brought in viewers, know the game, and have the personalities for dealing with people. My guess is we're gonna end up with some unknown as the host.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    I like Julie Chen, but Kathy Griffin would be hysterical as host of BB.

I can't see Jeff leaving, mainly because I just don't want to see him leave. Who else can utter Survivor's classic phrases other than the man who helped to make those phrases classic. It would spin Survivor off it's PERFECT rotation. They might as well hire a new music guy, and debut a new theme. Nothing would be the same, including the very game itself. If Jeff quits, he will become a Januian as far as I'm concerned and I would never forgive him, no matter how cute he is.

But were the unthinkable to happen, I'd like to see Richard Hatch host it. All hail the King!

actually that's a queen!
    Last edited by lopevian; 09-18-2005 at 01:56 PM.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Jeff's hair

And with all the money Jeff has made, he should really be able to afford a better hair dye job don't ya think?
    He is still cute though, bad hair or not!

I agree

I agree that no one could replace Jeff but the show can't go on forever. Although I really wish it could. I'm really enjoying the reruns on cable. Season one was a hoot to watch again. I thought knowing who won would spoil it but it has not!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    I like Julie Chen, but Kathy Griffin would be hysterical hosting BB.

I can't see Jeff leaving, mainly because I just don't want him to. Who else can utter Survivor's classic lines but the man who helped make them classic. A new host would spin Survivor off it's PERFECT rotation. They might as well hire a new music guy and debut a whole new theme song. It would change everything, including the very game itself. If Jeff quits, he will become a Januian to me, no matter how cute he is.

But if the unthinkable were to happen, I can only invision one other host...Richard Hatch. Who better than the King?
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian
    I like Julie Chen, but Kathy Griffin would be hysterical as host of BB.

I can't see Jeff leaving, mainly because I just don't want to see him leave. Who else can utter Survivor's classic phrases other than the man who helped to make those phrases classic. It would spin Survivor off it's PERFECT rotation. They might as well hire a new music guy, and debut a new theme. Nothing would be the same, including the very game itself. If Jeff quits, he will become a Januian as far as I'm concerned and I would never forgive him, no matter how cute he is.

But were the unthinkable to happen, I'd like to see Richard Hatch host it. All hail the King!

actually that's a queen!
    They would need to outfit Hatch with an ankle bracelet ala Martha Stewart. If he gets out of his problems that is.

Quote Originally Posted by user name
    As much as there are people out there who hate Rob & Amber with a passion, they . . . have the personalities for dealing with people.
    Amber has the personality of a tree stump. Sure, Rob found a million reasons to love her , but she said a total of about 20 words in two Survivor and one TAR. Rob is a self-aggrandizing manipulator. Both would try to make the show about Rob, not the contestants.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    You know, I never thought of Richard Hatch as a potential host for Survivor, but if Jeff P left, I think he'd be a logical choice to replace him. Or heck, maybe Mark Burnett himself.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread