+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Jeff Probst leaving after season 12?

I will add that I think Colby Donaldson could possibly do a good job.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy
    The only replacement I could stand is the host from The Amazing Race. But that would mean he would be gone from the Amazing Race...
    I like Phil.. but..
    Anderson Cooper... yummy... something about him lol.

Anderson Cooper seems to pretty tied up with his reporting and news anchoring. I doubt he'd even consider it anymore. And while I agree that "The Mole" suffered without him, it also suffered greatly from it's dweebish 3rd rate "celebrities".

No to Rob & Amber -- they, especially Rob, do NOT have the personality and temperment required of the host. Not sure they have the intelligence either. Yes, an intelligent host is required. Colby would probably be good, though I am sure there are other people out there who would do well too. No no no! to Kathy Griffin. She is not funny, dumber than a sack of hammers, and screechy. JMNSHO, of course!

Jeff is perfect for the job (except his dye job -- lose it Jeff, we LIKE grey, when appropriate), would be hard to replace, and would be sorely missed. I'm not sure it could go on without him, given that interest has dropped quite a bit anyway.

How about Rupert? {Runs away from the barrage of sticks, coconuts, and rotting fish}.

I wasn't serious!

FORT Fan

I'd hate to see Jeff go, he's as much a reason for the success of survivor as any others. It would be hard for anyone to live up to his persona. Kinda like trying to replace Bob Eubanks on the Newlywed Game.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Anderson Cooper seems to pretty tied up with his reporting and news anchoring. I doubt he'd even consider it anymore. And while I agree that "The Mole" suffered without him, it also suffered greatly from it's dweebish 3rd rate "celebrities".

No to Rob & Amber -- they, especially Rob, do NOT have the personality and temperment required of the host. Not sure they have the intelligence either. Yes, an intelligent host is required. Colby would probably be good, though I am sure there are other people out there who would do well too. No no no! to Kathy Griffin. She is not funny, dumber than a sack of hammers, and screechy. JMNSHO, of course!

Jeff is perfect for the job (except his dye job -- lose it Jeff, we LIKE grey, when appropriate), would be hard to replace, and would be sorely missed. I'm not sure it could go on without him, given that interest has dropped quite a bit anyway.

How about Rupert? {Runs away from the barrage of sticks, coconuts, and rotting fish}.

I wasn't serious!
    Don't even mention Rupert ! Ugh, that's just an awful thought. Anderson said he wanted to focus on more serious anchoring and when he left ABC for CNN, it was obvious his job as host was probably kaput even if he wanted to do it again. But I don't think hosting a reality show is something he'd ever consider doing again. I agree, Celebrity Mole was terrible not only because of the host but also because of the "celebrities"-though I do give them credit that they found people some of us had actually heard of before. But Anderson was a step above the whole celebrity concept. Anyway, it'd be too hard to adjust to Survivor after 12 seasons with Probst if he suddenly decided to go. And try telling Rob he doesn't have the personality or intelligence to host this show Colby seemed to want to get away from reality TV and focus on his acting career (maybe why he's being successful at it) so I'd be surprised to see him take over. I'm sure Richard Hatch is already picking out khaki shorts to wear thinking he's a shoo-in for the job. The more I think about Jeff leaving the more depressing it is to think about it.

I never knew there was a deal that after 13 Survivors, it could possibly end.
    I don't know if it will end, just that I heard it had only been green lighted up until Survivor 13. The show is still doing very well in the ratings and I don't think that will wane in the next two seasons. And I don't think Mark Burnett would throw in the towel, but maybe he'd think of the phrase "always keep them wanting more" and take Survivor out when people still want it around vs. when people are celebrating that it's finally off the air.

Why not Dick Clark? He has hosted everything else.
    If you love someone, let them go. If they come back, they are yours. If they don't, hunt them down and kill them.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I would hate to see Jeff go but Anderson Cooper or Gervase are both good. I commented and said that Dr.Will from BB wouldn't be bad either.
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

DIdn't Jeff say once he would "ride that motherf'r (Survivor) into the ground?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt

I wasn't serious!
    I doubt CBS will ever consider Rob for the gig. They know they will INSTANTLY loose half of the audience. People who can NOT stand Romber (present company included) will not tune in. Period.

FORT Newbie
    I doubt CBS will ever consider Rob for the gig. They know they will INSTANTLY loose half of the audience. People who can NOT stand Romber (present company included) will not tune in. Period.
    Even though I'm absolutely fanatical about Survivor/TAR, I elected not to watch both All-Stars and TAR7 because of Rob. One painful season of Survivor was more than enough to convince me that he was a character I had no desire to ever see again.

+ Reply to Thread