+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Is Jeff Probst leaving after season 12?

I understand the reluctance to have a former contestant host the show, but still think Colby would be a great choice. He's great looking, in the biz, has proved that he can handle a harsh climate and one of the all time favorite contestants ever.

I think having an unknown or comedian host the show would be too much of an adjustment for viewers. Jeff gets snarky, but doesn't joke about sending people home. Jeff has made the host job important not incidental and while I don't really think he'd leave, a replacement would have to be carefully considered.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Ooooh, how about Rich and Rudy!
    If justice prevails, Rich will be in prison for tax evasion. I wouldn't watch him do anything in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    If justice prevails, Rich will be in prison for tax evasion. I wouldn't watch him do anything in any case.

I'd watch him rub against Sue Hawk again just to piss her off.

I still think it is a ploy to get more money. Why would anyone leave such a cush job on one of the best liked shows in history.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    ... Why would anyone leave such a cush job on one of the best liked shows in history.
    Perhaps he is a fan of David Caruso...or McClean Stephenson, or Shelly Long...or Sherry Stringfield...All charter members of "The Grass is Greener" Club.

In all fairness, he has stayed until the END of his contract, so putting him in the class of those others is apples and oranges. They left BEFORE their contracts were over. And one can make a solid case that Probst popularity is a big part of the shows success. If he is, in fact and not speculation, trying to get a pay increase.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Primetimetommie
    Perhaps he is a fan of David Caruso...or McClean Stephenson, or Shelly Long...or Sherry Stringfield...All charter members of "The Grass is Greener" Club.
    Why leave?

Well unlike David Caruso, Jeff Probst has stayed THROUGH the main success of his show. He's stinking rich. He can afford to lay back with his young hot girlfriend (perhaps wife after he retires) and know he's set for life. Caruso didn't have that luxury.

Shelly Long was kind of in that boat too. She left a bit earlier than the peak of her show, but she'd had several years of big paydays first.

I imagine Probst has his fingers in a lot of good investments and maybe even some production deals.

That said, I still have the notion this was MEANT as a negotiating tactic and it backfired when Burnett wouldn't play ball. But that doesn't change the fact that Probst isn't going to suffer the way someone like Caruso did. Not that Caruso didn't deserve it... I mean man... have you guys WATCHED how badly he hams things up on CSI: Miami? Man deserved a permanent vacation from the biz, not a temporary one.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    That said, I still have the notion this was MEANT as a negotiating tactic and it backfired when Burnett wouldn't play ball. But that doesn't change the fact that Probst isn't going to suffer the way someone like Caruso did. Not that Caruso didn't deserve it... I mean man... have you guys WATCHED how badly he hams things up on CSI: Miami? Man deserved a permanent vacation from the biz, not a temporary one.

I don't think anything has backfired, yet anyway. Burnet, surely, does not want to finish the Survivor run without Probst. With probably only two more to go, after they finish the 12th now taping, it would be foolish. The ratings will drop and it would be career suicide for a new host. Not that the latter would disturb Burnet.

I expect to see Jeff back. It would not surprise me to hear that he negotiated a contract that included a good hotel for he and Julie in the event she was pregnant or with an infant. I really do not see Jeff bailing.

Publicly eluding to possible replacements could be a planned tactic to create buzz and renewed interest in Survivor.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 11-13-2005 at 10:30 AM.

I cracked up when I saw that Jeff is even comparing himself to David Caruso!
    http://people.aol.com/people/article...124373,00.html

Hey Krom, to David Caruso & Shelly Long, you can add Harry Hamlin (SP) & Chris Noth who both left to early on the pretense of big things on the horizon only to find that horizon steadily moving further away all the time. I say Jeff stays around.

+ Reply to Thread