+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Is Jeff Probst leaving after season 12?

Oh, Lord...no, not Seacrest, please. He's one of the reasons I don't watch AI.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    I really think any former Survivor player serving as host would ruin it. They'd think they knew exactly how to play the game (just look at Steph, who thinks she's an expert now) and probably be a little too arrogant about how others play, especially when a move backfires on someone.

Let's go for an unknown who can make his/her own mark.
    Someone else already said it about Jenna M., but it's like every Survivor who's asked to comment on a new season or group of contestants turns into an ego fest about them, their season, how they'd dominate the new group, how much harder they had it, etc. That's one of the reasons I'd dread to see any former because I'm sure it'll give a new name to being arrogant and over the top. I'd rather take an unknown or I'll probably quit watching all together if Jeff leaves and a former takes his place.

FORT Fogey
    Ever thought about two co-hosts doing the show?
    One female and one male?
    Rob & Amber. Rob & Amber.

but it's like every Survivor who's asked to comment on a new season or group of contestants turns into an ego fest about them, their season, how they'd dominate the new group, how much harder they had it, etc.
    Rich, Tina, and Vecepia all said Ethan had it hardest. Of course, Africa sucked.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    I read an article yesterday also saying that Ryan Seacrest (sp?) from the American Idol was in the running for the hosting job. Now I think he would be great at the job.
    Oh hell no. I would personally fly to where ever they were and beat him into a coma so he wouldn't be able to ruin one of my favorite shows.

I'd hate to see a former contestant host the show.
    I'm with JR.
    I could not stomach Seacrest on this show.

My vote is for Ann Robinson... The Tribe has spoken, Good bye!

But in reality, she wouldn't do it.. but I do think a female Survivor, or even one of our gay boys doing it could be interesting, just because it puts a twist on the whole thing... Or if you're going non-former survivor, they should get some kind of a comedian, someone crazy like Dane Cook would just be insane, but get the right person in there, and it can be great!!
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    If someone gets the job that even LOOKS like Ryan Seacrest, I'll never watch it again. Ever! EVER!

Also, it should be someone nobody even knows. Actually.. just this very second I got a perfect idea. One of my favorite guys, from Dirty Jobs, with a great humor, not to mention a good looking guy for all the women to swoon over (like Probst), and easy to get along with.... Mike Rowe (click his name to read about him). Now that I think about it, he & Probst look a lot alike. Uncanny actually.

Mike Rowe

Geez, now I'm totally hoping he is the host. I just think this guy is really cool.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Oh, and nobody that's been a Survivor contestant.. IMO, that would really cheapen everything about Survivor.

MIKE ROWE! MIKE ROWE! He's my man, if he can't do it, NOBODY CAN!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I would be concerned of Survivor after JP only if CBS somehow took control of the show and entrusted it to someone other than Mark Burnett.

CBS has interfered with reality shows before. The first season of Big Brother was produced by Endemol, the Dutch company that invented the show and still produces the versions in other countries. For better or worse, CBS did award the show to Arnold Shapiro Productions and it is now totally different than Season One ever was.

A new production company for Survivor could do equal damage, but as long as Mark Burnett is in charge of casting, and editing and location scouting and everything else, he will insure that the host/hostess maintains HIS vision.

IMO, Survivor will do just fine, with or without good ole Jeff.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Ooooh, how about Rich and Rudy!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread