+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

As for Jim voting for Margaret, I'm thinking he chose her randomly or something. It seems to me that their relationship on the island was pretty good, and I think he knew he had to throw a vote somewhere. I don't think there was any bitterness behind it.

FORT Fogey
    So when Bobbi Jon and Steph lose AGAIN... we have to expect them on the next season Survivor??
    I'm still waiting for Rob & Amber to be put back on TAR.

They haven't used previous votes against the players since Season 2 (Australia), when Kimmie spilled the beans that Jeff had received votes.
    It happened in Africa as well, but now people avoid ties like the plague because of the purple rock in Marquesas. Though last year in the first tie in years they did just cut straight to a tie breaking competition despite the votes, which sucked because Ian deserved to go.

Quote Originally Posted by meagann99
    Did anyone notice one of the girls had on a shirt that said "Football Chick" or something like that and she didn't recognize him. MMMMM

Maybe because Gary stopped playing around the mid 1980's and most of the girls weren't even born yet

I have to say that I like a few of the trends from this first episode as opposed to some of the other seasons. It was nice to see the Survivors get hammered right away in the RC. It may have been a rude awakening for some but it required teamwork, stamina, and motivating your weakest link. The IC was no cake walk either - I was surprised no one broke an ankle or wasn't run over by a log.

The heat and humidity seems as if it may take its toll as much as the beating sun did in Africa. If four guys go down like that with dehydration, water will be even more important than usual. Guys like Bobby John won't be able to do all of the work constantly - they will have to pace themselves.

For once I think I recognize all of the players after one episode. Even though the cast isn't ethnically diverse, there are enough physical and personality differences between them to keep them apart.

It's too bad Jim hurt himself because I feel he could have been an asset to the tribe. His system of sending someone ahead while reading the compass is something simple that the younger players might not think of. Blake seems like he'll be more of a liability for health reasons in the future but if Jim's arm was that bad he needed to go.

I knew Bobby Jon and Steph were coming back but not in what capacity. I was a bit surprised that they were full players and not just "helpers" for the tribes - members that helped up to a point but couldn't be voted out or win either.

It will be interesting how the season plays out; it looks as thought it could take quite a toll on the Survivors.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

where's my rose garden? Covaleskie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guide54
    You don't immunize someone against malaria, they take pills and there are some more resistant strains of malaria out there that the pills may be less effective for. Having said that, I'm somehow doubtful that malaria would hit that quickly. I think it was dehydration and electrolyte imbalance and perhaps hyperthermia.
    Thanks for the information. Obviously I'm not up-to-date on my medical knowledge.
    There's always one in every bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    I'm wondering if Margaret "led the charge" against Jim -- based on her medical knowledge, she may have thought he had the least chance of quick recovery. On the other hand, she seemed the most upset when Jim left. .
    From what I heard Jim tore his bicep that is is along term recovery his arm would have been useless for the 39 days they would have been there. In a world of 2 arms he would have been at a severe disadvantage with only one.

FORT Fogey
    Malaria takes weeks to hit. Daniel from Amazon had it.

Quote Originally Posted by dearkate
    I hate to be a cynic but I don't agree that she got "screwed" or deserves a second chance. I think she had a fair shot, even go to the jury last year. It's debatable, but thats just how I feel.
    You're not the only one. I totally agree with what you said. Stephenie did not get the short end on the stick in S10. Her mistake in S10 was that she voted off Jolanda. Jolanda was a strong player and a great leader. That got the ball rolling for Ulong to lose every single immunity and its all Ulong's fault for voting off Jolanda!!! If there's anyone I feel sorry for in S10, its Jolanda! She truly got the short end of the stick. It certainly isn't Steph. Anyways, I am glad though that Steph is back and I am thrilled that Sheph won he very first immunity challenge.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    Even though the cast isn't ethnically diverse, there are enough physical and personality differences between them to keep them apart.
    I am very dissapointed that there are no black people in this season. Steph got to come back, so why not Jolanda? Jolanda definitely got cheated from the Survivor experience and I was very unimpressed that Ulong voted her off first.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

FORT Fogey
    Nobody liked Jolanda, and she was too abrasive to have made it very far anyway. Steph, meanwhile, will get at least to the jury and, more importantly, bring in the viewers. As for BJ, well, they needed two.

+ Reply to Thread