+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders
    Well she cried last night , in the first episode, when they won immunity - because *sarcasm* she's just deserved it for so long - and worked so hard */sarcasm* which is what I got sick to death of hearing about last season. She constantly whined about losing last year. If I have to watch another season of her eye-rolling poor-me attitude, I'll scream!
    And frankly, if she was such a great competitor, why did she lose every single thing last year? (Except the Pringles -well done!) I am waiting for the Stephenie thread to start because I am really curious as to why everyone is so enamored by her.
    It's weird because I usually am on board with the favorites here, but not this time. I just don't see it.
    I agree, but the icing on the cake is after she whine and whines for weeks on end about not liking to lose and what a great competitor she was? The VERY FIRST individual immunity challenge, she jumped off the stump! She FINALLY has a chance to put her money where her mouth is but it apparently it was all talk.

You know, if I had spent 3 weeks losing every single challenge but 1, you can bet the farm that you'd have to shove dynamite up my butt to get me to move off that stump. No matter how hungry I was or how long I thought Tom could stay up there.

FORT Fogey
    What's with Jim voting for Margaret?What an idiot
    I didn't get it either. I'm more interested in whether it will make a difference down the road than why it happened, although survivors have typically been wusses about ties since the purple rock incident.

I feel like its the "Stephanie La Grossa Show" with Steph FINALLY winning an immunity, FINALLY not having to go to tribal council.
    They're gonna milk her for all she's worth, especially until they find someone who can come close to her in popularity.

Seriously if anyone got screwed it was Johnathon and that lady that sang on the boat. They did not even get a chance to play at all.
    I gotta agree on Jonathan, but I disagree on Wanda. She made sure everyone was nautious.

I must've missed where Steph was whiny.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    So when Bobbi Jon and Steph lose AGAIN... we have to expect them on the next season Survivor??

The sheer excitement and adoration over those two made me sick. That one chick cried even! Geezuz.
    "Stephanie you're my HERRROOOoooo". Hero!? Wow. Settin' the bar pretty low there if ya ask me.

Not that Stephanie is an awful person or anything, but to be called someone's "hero" because they were on Survivor is, well.. weird.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapit
    At least she seems like a true nurse unlike Maggie on Big Brother...(who thinks that walking does NOT burn calories)
    I had the exact same thought while I was watching. If it was Maggie they'd all be dead.

Great show, it looks like there are some interesting characters.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    So when Bobbi Jon and Steph lose AGAIN... we have to expect them on the next season Survivor??

The sheer excitement and adoration over those two made me sick. That one chick cried even! Geezuz.
    "Stephanie you're my HERRROOOoooo". Hero!? Wow. Settin' the bar pretty low there if ya ask me.

Not that Stephanie is an awful person or anything, but to be called someone's "hero" because they were on Survivor is, well.. weird.
    I think you heard her wrong! She said zero , not hero, right? That makes much more sense. As in zero wins and zero chance in hell to win this time.
    I'm so glad that I am not completely alone in my feelings for Steph!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    What's really odd, is she was a favorite of mine last season. I still like her, but I hate the renewed loser bring'm back crap. So, I won't root for her. Or Bobbi Jon.

In light of all of the "reality shows" lately that have old contestants CONSTANTLY on the screen (Reality All Stars, Kill Reality, Celebrity Poker w/the reality people, etc), I think it's a stupid move by the producers to bring Bobbi Jon & Steph back. We need new blood from now on. Reality shows are already somewhat taking a 'hit' in popularity, I wouldn't think doing this would help improve ratings. But, maybe that's why I'm not on the Survivor payroll.......

Except for Boston Rob & Amber, they can come back anytime. hehe..
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    For some reason TiVo cut out before the end of the show. I didn't get to see Jim's final words. I gather that he voted for my girl Margaret.

Question: why didn't Jeff show the ballot cast against her? Based on past seasons, this is important information for the tribe mates to know.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I'm wondering if Margaret "led the charge" against Jim -- based on her medical knowledge, she may have thought he had the least chance of quick recovery. On the other hand, she seemed the most upset when Jim left. They haven't used previous votes against the players since Season 2 (Australia), when Kimmie spilled the beans that Jeff had received votes. If not for that, their team had the advantage in the merge, and probably would have won, even if Mike did fall into the fire.

Whoever said Blake and BJ looked completely recovered after a night's sleep, I disagree. They both looked hollow-eyed and washed out. I think they sucked it up to give it their best effort during the challenge, but I think we'll see more about how poorly they're doing.

Remember Rupert said how hard it was to do two "seasons" back to back? I wonder if BJ and Steph have actually recovered from their first go round.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    I had a thought last night - first, BJ has the leg cramps and makes a runaway race a little closer - hmmmm, interesting.... Next, in the IC, Stephanie gets her foot all tangled up and slows down her tribe, which at that point, was starting to hit its stride and looked like they were a sure winner. She slowed them down just enough to give the other tribe a ray of sunlight in their effort to win.... see where I'm going here? Maybe Steph and BJ aren't really there to compete to win, but are more like moles, designed to ensure there are even more obstacles in the way of each tribe. It would make for a more interesting twist than to just have them back to compete, so maybe I'm just hopeful....
    These are probably the least likely people to agree to do this.

Maybe Jim voted for Margaret, because she told him to bow out because of his injury and he expected her to magically heal him instead.

Stephanie and Bobby Jon may have been included when Survivor decided to make this such a physical show. They may have feared a mad exodus of quitters. By adding S & BJ as "tools" they might have taken away some of the "no one knows what they're doing" factor. I think Steph has a chance to win, but Bobby Jon can only win, if they hand it to him. He just doesn't understand strategy.

I read some of the bios of these people and was shocked at the outrageous number of contestants that have a twin sibling. This can't be a coincidence. Is Survivor going to pull a BB twin twist?

Banish that thought from your mind, dberk :nono

I think that's about as likely as Julie Chen showing up in the jungle to pass out Pringles
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread