+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    I also like the zookeeper chick (Cindy?).
    When I was Cindy's age she's just the type of girl I would have pursued. You're right, I love her too. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I'm SO totally with you on that!! I KNOW I'd be voted out because I'd be the wierdo who is chasing down the tarantulas and inspecting ant hills.

Oh, and that Mayan ruin.. who WOULDN'T have been all over that thing already?
    EXACTLY my point.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 09-16-2005 at 05:28 PM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I feel bad for Bobby Jon, being sick like that.... i'd actually like them to win....
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mertii
    Why is that? When did she cry?
    I remember her crying last season when she was about to be voted out at tribal council. Her bursting into tears kept her in the game for another week.

[QUOTE=waitforbigbro]

I hope everyone that got sick will spring back and be able to compete in good health. Too bad for the old guy but really what is a man that age doing trying to compete with people in their prime? I'm sure that there are people who could, but he looked like he just wasn't fit enough to do it.The only way an older person like that would be able to comptete is if they made the challenges less physical and I think people wouldn't like that.

QUOTE]

There are a lot of older folks that can do hard physical challenges you just have to train for it. In this case the majority of the men were dyhydrated and suffered. But I noticed that you did not make any surly comments about some of the unfit young people on Stephanies team that couldn't keep up. Just becaue they are young doesn't mean they can do these challenges either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata

There are a lot of older folks that can do hard physical challenges you just have to train for it. In this case the majority of the men were dyhydrated and suffered. But I noticed that you did not make any surly comments about some of the unfit young people on Stephanies team that couldn't keep up. Just becaue they are young doesn't mean they can do these challenges either.
    I agree with you Bearcata. Rudy in season one made it to the final four and he was no spring chicken. I was disappointed that they voted out Jim last night. If it weren't for him knowing how to use the compass, they would probably still be out there trying to find their camp.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mertii
    Why is that? When did she cry?
    Well she cried last night , in the first episode, when they won immunity - because *sarcasm* she's just deserved it for so long - and worked so hard */sarcasm* which is what I got sick to death of hearing about last season. She constantly whined about losing last year. If I have to watch another season of her eye-rolling poor-me attitude, I'll scream!
    And frankly, if she was such a great competitor, why did she lose every single thing last year? (Except the Pringles -well done!) I am waiting for the Stephenie thread to start because I am really curious as to why everyone is so enamored by her.
    It's weird because I usually am on board with the favorites here, but not this time. I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders
    Well she cried last night , in the first episode, when they won immunity - because *sarcasm* she's just deserved it for so long - and worked so hard */sarcasm* which is what I got sick to death of hearing about last season. She constantly whined about losing last year. If I have to watch another season of her eye-rolling poor-me attitude, I'll scream!
    And frankly, if she was such a great competitor, why did she lose every single thing last year?
    I'm with you all the way. I saw enough her her and deffinately heard enough of her whining last season. I hope they vote her out soon

K

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders
    And frankly, if she was such a great competitor, why did she lose every single thing last year? (Except the Pringles -well done!) I am waiting for the Stephenie thread to start because I am really curious as to why everyone is so enamored by her.
    It's weird because I usually am on board with the favorites here, but not this time. I just don't see it.
    Wow I agree with everything you said. I may not agree about Janelle, but I am with you on Stephenie. I do like her, but I do not see how she is so great her team stunk and she was part of the team. I think her and Bobby John were just the lucky ones on the team to be the last two. I just hate redos unless the whole season is redos and than I really do not like those either. The only redos I would like would be a whole season with the first ousted people from AR, Survivor, and BB cause who gets to know the first castoffs and it would be like new people.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn This
    I think the reason they were brought back was to avoid a lawsuit because they didn't really have "their chance" the last time. Without a merger -- and there'd always been a merger at some point in the game -- the deck was stacked against them. That's why I'm happy they were given a second chance.

There may not have been a merger but they sure had their chance. They stunk plain and simple. They never had a school yard pickem so why couldn't wanda and johnathan bring a lawsuit and say the deck was stacked against them too? Or Mike Skupin? He fell in the fire and lost "his chance".

They were only brought back to boost ratings, period. As far as survivors go, they were the least incompetant on a tribe of incompetants. that's why they were the last 2 of their tribe to be booted. What could they have to teach any of this seasons contestants? How to whine that you don't like to lose? Or maybe how to lose every single challenge but 1? Can't wait til they both go, They never should have been brought back

Wait... wait...

I call someone a "crybaby" when they cry to complain about something. I don't think the term really fits as well if someone cries out of happiness or relief.

As for Stephanie losing last year... sure, that's true. Take out all the talk of "curses" and we are left with the fact that she was a tough competitor, but one who failed constantly. Personally my theory was always that it WAS in part her own fault, even if she was burdened with a team full of bumbling idiots, because she saw a leadership vacuum and backed away from it. It's all well and good to be scared of the consequences of sticking your next out and being a leader on Survivor, but when your team is immolating itself right in front of you? Step up!

Steph didn't do that, at least well. So she's not perfect. Then again, she may have learned her lesson. And if not, she may just luck out if some other person on her new tribe is a strong and effective enough leader that they win anyway. Then she can appoint herself chief lieutenant to that person and be a tiny bit safer from a boot, perhaps.

The one thing I think she rarely did was whine. Sure she expressed frustration, but it never sounded self-pitying to me. Frustration + Self-Pity equals Whining, whereas I think that Frustration - Self-Pity only equals Anger. She was mad, not whiny.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread