+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey
    I like Bobby Jon, but I don't really like this whole idea of bringing back former players. Stephanie and BJ both seem to think they are there to "lead" their tribes - and that could be the wrong thing to do if, in fact, they are there to be players like the others. Having said that, I had a thought last night - first, BJ has the leg cramps and makes a runaway race a little closer - hmmmm, interesting.... Next, in the IC, Stephanie gets her foot all tangled up and slows down her tribe, which at that point, was starting to hit its stride and looked like they were a sure winner. She slowed them down just enought to give the other tribe a ray of sunlight in their effort to win.... see where I'm going here? Maybe Steph and BJ aren't really there to compete to win, but are more like moles, designed to ensure there are even more obstacles in the way of each tribe. It would make for a more interesting twist than to just have them back to compete, so maybe I'm just hopeful....

I think this was the best first Survivor episode ever! One of my favorite parts of survivor are the challenges so I was in challenge-heaven with that 11 miles trek right off the bat!!!

I was all torn when they were showing us the sick guys! A part of me was glued to the TV for entertainment value, one part felt bad for them, one part was scared because of Bobby Jon's eyes rolling back and one part was disgusted. I didn't really need to to see and hear everything!

We didn't learn much about the players but it isn't really different than many other reality show premieres. So far I'm rooting for Steph, glad she is back!
    Last edited by coksy; 09-16-2005 at 11:42 AM.
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by captain
    Ok Bobby Jon and Steph would be my first two votes off...sorry they had their chance and didn't win, why let them try again.
    I think the reason they were brought back was to avoid a lawsuit because they didn't really have "their chance" the last time. Without a merger -- and there'd always been a merger at some point in the game -- the deck was stacked against them. That's why I'm happy they were given a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Danni Am Already Too Skinny.

Farmer Brandon Am Even Dumber Than BJ.
    I thought so too, until Judd got out of the boat into the mud & Brandon said "Judd had a premature evacuation." Classic line!

Love the new season and the TC set.
    Daughter is already rooting for Stephanie

Broadway - those weren't leaves blowing around the ants and special camera angles - - those were actual leaf cutter ants. Too cool!

An 11 mile hike in 100 degree plus weather - wow, what a start to the season. I can easily see it taking that long - especially the first part - following a straight-ish line through thick jungle. That's gotta be extremely difficult, even for seasoned hikers.

I agree that Bobby Job and the Pukers tried to carry too much and did not keep themselves hydrated like the other (crud - i gotta lean how to spell these team names!) team did. That said, Blake (not denying he got hurt, but) what a wimp. Seriously - he's still wining in next episode? Baby. I don't find anyone remotely attractive - I need me an outdoorsman.

Jim was the right choice to go, not based on age (because he had a great background, with his military experience) but simply due to his injuiry - that was NOT going to heal quickly enough to make him a factor.

The teams best keep Steph and Bobby Jon, if only for their strength (got to believe the guys (excepting maybe Blake) are going to come back. Seems every season someone makes the mistake of voting off the strong, forgetting that nothing matters if you don't win immunity challenges. Duh!

Margaret impresses me, but if everyone's going to lurve her, then she's (eventually) going to have a target on her back.

Too many skinny girls - it remains to be seen how they are going to last with little food in this heat.

I think Steph's team mentions no water (probably why they remained hydrated - they (hopefully) drank it along the way). That was smart, but also makes the days ahead tough, then again, I'm thinking Hello - there is a LAKE right there: with the pots and such, they should be able to take their canoe out to the middle of the lake, fill up the pots, then boil the water. Different from other seasons in that (I assume) the water is not salt-water

I am continually surprised that people keep appearing on this show with no apparent survival skills (compass reading, for example) or outdoor experience. Sure, it makes for interesting TV to see a doorman from NY in the wild jungle (and have to admit he cracks me up) but, um, wouldn't you prepare a bit, considering the prize at stake is $1M????

When paddling, if everyone aligns their stroke (paddles together) then the boat will actually "lift" a bit from the water with each stroke, making the going easier. After all this time, why do people still not know this?????

The noises those monkeys make are freaky, but I assume one could get accustomed to it, given time. Snakes don't bother me, but the spiders Yikes!

Still, of all the seasons, I think I like this setting the best. So glad Survivor is back!!
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Burn This
    I think the reason they were brought back was to avoid a lawsuit because they didn't really have "their chance" the last time. Without a merger -- and there'd always been a merger at some point in the game -- the deck was stacked against them. That's why I'm happy they were given a second chance.
    If that were the case, every single member of Ulong should be invited back. The merger came at either the exact same or close to the same time as every other season. It was just a major whalloping on the part of the Koror. They didn't have an obvious physical advantage, they just became a truly cohesive unit during the challenges. I don't see why they couldn't have waited until a Survivor All-Star edition to bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    He played for the Indianapolis Colts.
    Dallas Cowboys it was.

Did anyone notice one of the girls had on a shirt that said "Football Chick" or something like that and she didn't recognize him. MMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Broadway - those weren't leaves blowing around the ants and special camera angles - - those were actual leaf cutter ants. Too cool!
    Ahhhh... thank you! I just absolutely loved the visual and thought it was tricky! Guess not.. heh.

Razorbacker........ he played for both the Dallas Cowboys and the Indianapolis Colts.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn This
    They had as much of a chance on Palau as anyone. There's no rule that there has to be a merger, and I highly doubt they'd have any leg to stand on for a lawsuit.

I loved the 11-mile trek. I've thought the recent Survivor seasons were too easy, and I'm glad to see them getting back to something that's more like literally surviving and less like "sitting in the jungle in a hammock."
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread