+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by elusive
    Haha ya Bobby Jon's dumb like a post! tries too hard

OH man, did you see their faces when he said "Not everyone gets a second at winning a MILLION DOLlARS" Bobby that was good strategy reminding them you are going after the million NOT

This is going to be a great Survivor
    Last edited by Vonna; 09-16-2005 at 01:15 AM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Oh man I am so mad I missed this, does anyone know if there will be a repeat? I forgot to set my DVR.

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne
    Oh man I am so mad I missed this, does anyone know if there will be a repeat? I forgot to set my DVR.
    Last season for Palau they replayed the first episode. I believe it was because they had such a large audience and people might want to see it again. I'd personally like to watch this episode one more time.. I'm kind of kicking myself for not taping it.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Sudden, severe pain can definitely cause you to puke - that and being dehydrated is probably what's wrong with Blake (he's hot, even puking). I guess his shoulder isn't getting any better? It could be getting infected if all they have to treat it is water.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    What a great season opener! I am already hooked and am so glad I decided to record this! I plan to rewatch it even though it had a lot of throwing up.(I have a vomit phobia!) Bobby Jon was looking mighty fine. So far I like everyone but Brandon. Something about him reminds me of James from last season and I did not like him. I don't think Bobby Jon is on a team of losers though. I think he has some tough people...Danni rocks and boy were they lucky to have a nurse on their tribe! Oh and I think Jamie is really cute!
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

where's my rose garden? Covaleskie's Avatar
    Maybe it's just me...

I'm seriously worried about these guys. I understand that Margaret is a nurse and all, but when someone's eyes are rolling back and they are completely unresponsive for a few seconds, I want to see a medical team, pronto. Yes, Bobby Jon and Blake have every right to go through as much pain and come as close to death as they like for the possibility of winning a million dollars, but I feel badly that their medical emergencies have become my entertainment.

Then again, I keep having these "surely" thoughts running through my mind. Surely they were immunized. Surely a doctor came and looked over them off camera. Surely a doctor was standing to the cameraman's left as Bobby Jon's eyes were rolling back, ready to take the three steps forward to go to him if he hadn't responded. Surely some lawyer at CBS is keeping track of all of these things.

I have never really worried about the contestants this way before. I guess you could say it's making for good TV, since I was on the edge of my seat, but if I wanted to see people in pain, making foolhardy decisions, I would watch Jerry Springer. When I turn on Survivor, I want to see tough competitions, interesting people dynamics, and possibly an emotional breakdown or two. This is going too far.

But I'm going to keep watching.

So what does that say about me?
    There's always one in every bunch.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I was really worried about Bobby Jon and Blake as well. I am more worried about Blake next week. I am worried that perhaps his wounds are infected but then again I thought what you did...surely they (being CBS and the producers) would get him real medical help.
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

Quote Originally Posted by Covaleskie
    I understand that Margaret is a nurse and all, but when someone's eyes are rolling back and they are completely unresponsive for a few seconds, I want to see a medical team, pronto.
    Seeing Bobby Jo that way really scared me. I even had tears in my eyes , because it's very sad seeing someone in that stage. Blake also concerned me. Poor guys. They were hit really hard, and I hope that there was a medical team (behind the scenes) that checked them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Seeing Bobby Jo that way really scared me. I even had tears in my eyes , because it's very sad seeing someone in that stage. Blake also concerned me. Poor guys. They were hit really hard, and I hope that there was a medical team (behind the scenes) that checked them out.
    I am a nurse and all I kept saying he was going to seize. I couldnt believe they weren't taking him to the medic tent. I wonder how much frist aid they get, and if they go to the medic tent are they eliminated?
    Save the monkey!

where's my rose garden? Covaleskie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elusive
    I am a nurse and all I kept saying he was going to seize. I couldnt believe they weren't taking him to the medic tent. I wonder how much frist aid they get, and if they go to the medic tent are they eliminated?
    Hey elusive,

Since you are a nurse and all, would you say that this looks like severe dehydration, or could they be sick with something (malaria comes to mind)?

Once again, surely they were immunized...
    There's always one in every bunch.

+ Reply to Thread