+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Survivor season 3 on OLN

Aaahh, poor Brandon he is gone.

One thing about Lex, I had seen him on All Stars and people had always commented on him being a great player, I didn't think bad or good of him on all Stars and was looking forward to seeing him in Africa. Lex, did impress me in the confessionals as he was articulate and came across very clear sighted and personable. Then the other shoe dropped. He did a Dr. Jekyll / Mr Hyde transformation during the 'Rat Hunt' (looking for the other person besides Clarence that voted for him). He became so intense and overwhelming and arrogant that I developed a dislike of him. He is so opinionated and controlling, you can see that the tribe is a bit scared or wary of him and his behavior, in fact they are questioning his loyalty, I think we are seeing the true Lex, he goes over board. I saw him do it in All Stars when he wouldn't forgive Rob Marinaro for supposedly betraying him, espescially 6 months later at the reunion show. It is a game and he is taking some of the manuevering way, way too personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Snip
    I think Lex was clearly the most strategic member of the Africa cast, and has always been a schemer who keeps his eye on the prize. He plays to win, and I respect him for that. However, he does take the game too personally and he just is way too over-the-top most of the time. His paranoia hurt him in Africa when he voted out Kelly, thinking she voted for him. His hardcore playing hurt him in Africa when he tried to get Brandon into the alliance, which clearly wasn't going to work for Tom and Ethan. A comination of hardcore playing and paranoia hurt him in ASS when he voted out the strong men of his tribe a bit too early, thinking they were threats, and doomed Mogo Mogo to a losing streak. And his biggest strategic blunder came from trusting the wrong person in ASS; I'm sure we all know how that went down. Yes, Lex is a highly cunning and strategic Survivor player. But that doesn't make him a good one.
    Eh, I'd still rather watch him play than Kim Johnson.

By the way, one of my favorite Survivor moments that never made it into an episode is the tribal council where Kelly was voted out. Right after she voted for Lex, she came back to the rest of the Survivors and whispered in Lex's ear, "This time, I did vote for you." It just makes me love Kelly even more.

Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    By the way, one of my favorite Survivor moments that never made it into an episode is the tribal council where Kelly was voted out. Right after she voted for Lex, she came back to the rest of the Survivors and whispered in Lex's ear, "This time, I did vote for you." It just makes me love Kelly even more.
    Did that really happen??? Where is it.

I just finished watching the one Frank go voted out. I think Frank knew his time had come that is why he was so vocal that day, but what had me on the floor was his comment about how he likes to be with people and socialize. I like Frank but lets face it he in not the most social person in the world.

Regardless, by this time Lex has a real winning streak going, funny I would have thought that Ethan would have been the stronger competitor. I also think that Lex probably thinks he has it, that his chances are really good to win. Overwhelming arrogance, I am waiting for the fall.

Oh, I guess I should comment about Tom and his racial remark. Tom can mutter and swallow his words so much that I never heard it. For some competitors they really should provide what's it called the writing on the screen so you know what they are saying.

Did that really happen??? Where is it.
    It was only ever mentioned in interviews with the contestants.

Tom can mutter and swallow his words so much that I never heard it. For some competitors they really should provide what's it called the writing on the screen so you know what they are saying.
    I never had a problem understanding Tom. I guess I'm used to it, or something.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    I agree, Lex's arrogance and paranoia were his downfall...twice!! I guess when you don't think you have a problem, your ENORMOUS problem just ain't gettin' fixed...ole Lexy boy...
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    the reward challenge lex and tom went on was awesome

i'm starting to get into this season now, i think kim johnston was stupid to align with the guys over theresa
    Absolutely agree. Again Theresa came to Kim J and asked to vote Lex off. It would have been a smart strategic move. At this point in the game you have to think strategy after all it is very apparent that Tom, Lex and Ethan are in a 3 way alliance that supersedes the 4 way alliance with KimJ. Duh, do you really want to be voted off. Even if it would have been a tie between Lex and Kim Powers, Lex would have been gone because of all the previous votes against him. I would have laughed by ass off watching him blow up over the 'betrayal'.

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    the reward challenge lex and tom went on was awesome

i'm starting to get into this season now, i think kim johnston was stupid to align with the guys over theresa
    I remember this very well. I was so dissapointed that KJ did not vote off Lex. It was a stupid move on her part. This makes like KJ even less.

Click to see Spoiler:
    As a result of this, KJ was almost voted off but survived becuase she won the last 2 ICs. She also lost a lot of jury votes because of her dumb move!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I mean if you think about it, it would then be 2 guys vs 3 women and physically it would be better for a woman to go against a woman. Also the balance of power would be in KJ and Theresa's hand. If you think about it even little Kim would have had a chance because of her athletic background. Scary thought that little Kim could have won but for KJ.

And the strategy used by the winner would have been 'the clueless being clueless' vs Lex's manipulation. How cool would that be, especially since it would make Lex so mad.

I'd forgotten how emotional the episode they are showing tonight is and that Teresa's brother died of AIDS. Lex's reaction to the delivery of the supplies to the hospital and interacting with the patients is why I liked him despite his gut during this season.

I haven't really been watching much of the repeats, but the past few days I've gotten attached to Africa again. Mariner, I completely agree with your above post, it was nice to revisit just why I liked Lex so much (other than the fact that he's TOTALLY my type of guy )...that was a wonderfully emotional trip down memory lane to watch that again. I also found myself just a little bit ago still rooting for T-Bird to be able to pull off the Tom ousting to make it to the final 4....she really did rock as a contestant to me.

+ Reply to Thread