+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Survivor season 3 on OLN

For those that are loving Africa, I will be interested to see how your opinions on it change over the course of the remaining episodes. There is actually a good chance that you'll continue to like it, but I'm doubting it. The great moments have come and gone, and the strategic blunders that are about to start are enough to make your head spin.

At least the Marquesas is coming soon.

I am also a first time watcher of season 3. So far I don't find it boring at all. I can't stand the laziness of the younger ones on Samburu and I am so glad that they didn't get to take over. I really like Lex so far, so I don't really understand, but I guess if the worst is just about to start I will just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by nemanomine
    I really like Lex so far, so I don't really understand, but I guess if the worst is just about to start I will just have to wait and see.
    Oh, Lex is very entertaining, and quite worth watching. It's everybody else that leans toward the boring side...

i was kinda sad to see silas go, though i knew it was coming

hmmmm, i do this like season, compared to later seasons this season doesnt seem so boring, i was totally bored with guatemala and i'm not even sure if i'm gonna continue watching it if it doenst improve

however, some of the people are pretty annoying

-kim (older kim)
    -the first guy on samburu to get voted out-the one who complained about the age gap constantly
    -mother earth linda
    -clarence and the food thing
    -the first woman to be voted out, forget her name
    -and lindsay whinning

other than, i like it! the location is god awful

easily distracted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I have to admit Brandon's confessional were he said he was glad he was gay cause he couldn't stand the women's tears anymore was delicious.
    I didn't find it delicious--it was quite a prejudiced remark. I liked Brandon a lot but my opinion of him went down several notches after he said that.

Quote Originally Posted by lemur
    I didn't find it delicious--it was quite a prejudiced remark. I liked Brandon a lot but my opinion of him went down several notches after he said that.
    I thought he was catty as all Hell. How was he prejudiced?? To women??

What I liked about after tribal council, where Lindsey was voted off was the back pedaling that Brandon was doing. What is that girls name??? How it was all Silas and Lindsey, how they were the ringleaders. Brandon is so lost in this game he has no plan B or C or D.

Another thing about this episode is al of a sudden we see Lex everywhere. Before he had an occasional confessional but he really dominates the air time. Major foreshadowing, perphaps???

I liked Teresa, she was great during the first immunity challenge.

What is with Frank, as Kathy Griffin and Richard Hatch recently discussed during Bravo's TV Reality Stars Reunion, don't people watch this show, don't they have any plan or clue how to function. I cannot believe after the merge he wanted to be alone. I mean for Gosh Sakes, you are out in the middle of a game preserve in the middle of Africa with 9 other people plus the camera men and sound guys but still. There is isolating yourself and there is being stupid. Enjoy the celebration, the wine, the cheese the fruit, its not as if it will last in that heat. To be that anitsocial, suck it up you are half way there do not paint a target on your back. This is the perfect opportunity to form an alliance with your old team mates (in other words lie) as a back up plan. There is just no way he is going to go that much further. Really what was he thinking when he signed up for this show. He is making it easy for the others to pick someone to vote out.

The following episode was a recap which I thought was a bit early. Do recaps always occur at the same time during the various seasons??? Anyway we are half way through and now the vicious backstabbing will start. Can't wait.

What I liked about after tribal council, where Lindsey was voted off was the back pedaling that Brandon was doing. What is that girls name??? How it was all Silas and Lindsey, how they were the ringleaders. Brandon is so lost in this game he has no plan B or C or D.
    At least Brandon was doing what he could to try to get himself in a better position once his alliance fell apart. Kim Powers just sat around and continued to stay UTR. Sure, this might actually help her last longer than Brandon if they're picked off, but I respect a contestant that tries to make every move they can in order to place themselves in an advantageous position.

What is with Frank
    You have to remember, this was only the third season. Someone like Frank didn't go on the show to make friends, or be on television. He was probably convinced by his family, despite his lack of social skills, to go and have an adventure in Africa, and make a little cash on the side. Frank didn't enjoy the people he was with; he enjoyed surviving in the wilderness of Africa and doing something he wouldn't normally be able to do.

Do recaps always occur at the same time during the various seasons???
    I'm not positive, but I think Episode 8 is a bit early to have a recap, comapred to when other seasons had one. I know the Outback used Episode 9 as a recap episode, and Amazon used Episode 10. I don't know about Marquesas and Thailand. Anyway, I always thought the half-way point was a good time to have a recap, so Episode 8 seems fine by me.

tonight's episode was pretty good......it was neat to see ethan/lex in the town, ethan playing with the kids was soooo cute, i would love to do something like that

as for lex's gut, that was pretty stupid, its weird, lex seems like a really nice person, but his gut rears his ugly side......

i cant believe he got his whole tribe to turn against kelly.....and of course brandon had to mess it all up, he's stupid, does he really think lex is gonna let him in, on the circle that is lex/tom/ethan?

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Tonight's episode was when I stopped liking Lex. He was cool up until he got that vote. Understandable to be upset when you get a vote, but he acted like it was an outrage. He had this entitlement air about him, he became arogant, and basically made a fool out of himself.
    It was great to see the village, that was the day Ethan's soccer program was conceived. Knowing what he (and Jenna) have done since that episode first aired made it very touching to watch again I thought.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

+ Reply to Thread