+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 'Survivor' winner Hatch indicted for tax evasion

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 'Survivor' winner Hatch indicted for tax evasion

You'd have to do more than strip search to prevent that....including an extra opening for the ladies....Survivor rougher than we thought...

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3709712;
    I had forgotten about this: :nono

In 2008, Survivor host Jeff Probst mentioned in an interview that Hatch smuggled a canister of matches onto Survivor: All-Stars "in a little container up his bum." The immediate result was that the Mogo Mogo tribe was able to get fire early on in the game. Since this incident all contestants are now strip searched.
    Well someone could have lit a fire under his ass...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Hatch To Remain In Jail--AP

"Survivor" winner Richard Hatch will stay behind bars for now.

A federal judge Wednesday denied Hatch's request to serve the remaining weeks of his sentence for tax evasion in home confinement. The judge also said prison officials can discipline Hatch by taking away nine days of good time. That means he won't get out until Oct. 16.

Hatch was convicted of failing to pay taxes on his $1 million prize as the winner of the debut season of the CBS reality show.

He had been serving the final portion of his 51-month sentence in home confinement at his sister's house in Newport, R.I., when he was sent back to jail last month for giving what prison officials said were unauthorized media interviews.

Hatch claimed the Federal Bureau of Prisons was retaliating against him after he criticized the prosecutor and judge in his case during three interviews. Prison officials say Hatch was only authorized to give one interview.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts asked the judge to release him and let him finish his sentence in home confinement.

Judge Nathaniel Gorton ruled Wednesday that Hatch violated Bureau of Prison rules and must remain in federal custody at the Barnstable County jail in Bourne, Mass.

"The court finds that Hatch was, in fact, prohibited from contacting the media without prior authorization and, therefore, was not arbitrarily punished for doing so," Gorton wrote in his ruling.

The ACLU said it was disappointed with the ruling.

"We understood that there might be valid security concerns when you're talking about a prison facility where you can't have the media coming in, but that's not the case when you're dealing with someone in home confinement," said spokesman Christopher Ott.

Best part is the photo in one of the articles--Richard Hatch--of Battlestar Galactica fame!!--good research

I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw View Post
    Best part is the photo in one of the articles--Richard Hatch--of Battlestar Galactica fame!!--good research
    Now corrected with a photo of the Richard Hatch we all know and love, LOL.

Richard Hatch to remain behind bars for nine more days

Former “Survivor” Richard Hatch was scheduled to be released from jail today, but will remain in jail for an additional nine days, Access Hollywood has learned.

“Rich was ordered to an additional 9 days as punishment for allegedly not having obtained the requisite permissions to conduct the Access Hollywood and NBC Channel 10 Providence on-camera interviews, or for calling in to a radio show the following day,” Hatch’s lawyer, Cynthia M. Ribas told Access.

“We still have proceedings pending that could change this but as things currently stand,” she continued. “We expect Rich’s release next Friday, October 16th.”

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Richard was taken into custody in August by the Barnstable County Sheriff’s Office. He was jailed after giving several television interviews to NBC’s the “Today” show, NBC affiliate WJAR-TV and also to Access. According to Ribas, the Bureau of Prisons told her only the “Today” interview had been cleared and the others were thus a violation. Therefore Hatch would have to serve the remaining amount of his sentence in jail, rather than under house arrest.

He had previously been under house arrest following three-and-a-half years of incarceration for tax evasion.

Hatch has claimed the executive producers of “Survivor” told him they would pay the taxes on the $1 million he eventually took home for winning the show.

Richard Hatch Season 1

The Associated Press: 'Survivor' star Hatch ends federal tax sentence

"Survivor" winner Richard Hatch was released from a Massachusetts jail early Friday after completing a federal sentence for evading taxes on the $1 million he won during the CBS reality show's first season.

Hatch was freed shortly before 6 a.m. from Barnstable County jail in Bourne, Mass., sheriff spokesman Roy Lyons said. He was driven home to Newport, R.I., by sheriff's deputies and arrived there around 7:30 a.m., Lyons said.

Hatch is living with his sister, who declined to comment Friday and instructed a reporter to leave the property

Richard Hatch Season 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3729381;
    The Associated Press: 'Survivor' star Hatch ends federal tax sentence

"Survivor" winner Richard Hatch was released from a Massachusetts jail early Friday after completing a federal sentence for evading taxes on the $1 million he won during the CBS reality show's first season.

Hatch was freed shortly before 6 a.m. from Barnstable County jail in Bourne, Mass., sheriff spokesman Roy Lyons said. He was driven home to Newport, R.I., by sheriff's deputies and arrived there around 7:30 a.m., Lyons said.

Hatch is living with his sister, who declined to comment Friday and instructed a reporter to leave the property
    And presumably that's where his son has been living?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

TMZ reports: Atlanta’s Lil Jon joining ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ with Jose Canseco, Richard Hatch, Star Jones, LaToya Jackson | Radio & TV Talk

I've never watched Celebrity Apprentice, but it seems like casting Hatch is quite a stretch of the word celebrity. I guess this will give him another outlet (assuming it's true) to go and whine to the world how CBS and Survivor wronged him.

At least he can't go naked on CA.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

They had a Deal or No Deal model as a contestant on the second season. By comparison, Richard Hatch is no stretch. Actually, he's still pretty well-known in terms of being a reality TV contestant.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread