+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TV Commercial...possible spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    If someone on the show had this point of view, with apologies, I'd think of them as kind of dumb.
    As would I. But you see, reality show contestants often tend to display a rather stunning lack of intelligence or common sense when on a tropical island with 15 other people. There are plenty of past contestants who would not surprise me if they actually thought Stephenie and Bobby Jon deserved another chance, and I'm sure this batch will bring a couple more of these kinds of people to the table.

What I'm really hoping for, however, is for a few of the contestants to view either Steph or BJ as a useful asset in their own pursuit of the million dollars. Bobby Jon is the kind of guy that would prove loyal to your alliance no matter what, and work hard to make sure his group succeeds. He's definitely not the kind of guy who would questions your motives or stab you in the back. Sounds like a good tag-a-long to me. An easy and therefore good target at the first tribal council, sure. But an even easier and therefore better opponent for the final 2.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I haven't seen any of the previews. How do you know it will be Steph and BJ? I don't want to see them back at all. They may have been fan favorites ( not mine) but they are very low on the totem pole regarding game playing as far as all past survivors go.

I can think of many past survivors from all seasons that played better and are more deserving at a second chance those 2. I'd like to see Gervase, Kelly or Colleen from Season 1 again. I've also been curious how Kel (australia) would do given the fact that Jerri screwed him out of his chance right out of the gate. He looked like he'd go far. Same for Mike Skupin. He'd have probably been the winner of his season had he not fallen in the fire. Steph and BJ had there chance and proved they were not good enough. What a disappointment if it's true

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I can think of many past survivors from all seasons that played better and are more deserving at a second chance those 2. I'd like to see Gervase, Kelly or Colleen from Season 1 again. I've also been curious how Kel (australia) would do given the fact that Jerri screwed him out of his chance right out of the gate. He looked like he'd go far. Same for Mike Skupin. He'd have probably been the winner of his season had he not fallen in the fire. Steph and BJ had there chance and proved they were not good enough. What a disappointment if it's true
    Maybe not. If they had the last IC and Kucha lost, Alicia said everyone agreed that Mike would the one that was getting voted off. But that's why AS failed so miserably is that they brought back some of the worst people and left out some of those you mentioned above.

What I'm really hoping for, however, is for a few of the contestants to view either Steph or BJ as a useful asset in their own pursuit of the million dollars. Bobby Jon is the kind of guy that would prove loyal to your alliance no matter what, and work hard to make sure his group succeeds. He's definitely not the kind of guy who would questions your motives or stab you in the back. Sounds like a good tag-a-long to me. An easy and therefore good target at the first tribal council, sure. But an even easier and therefore better opponent for the final 2.
    That may be the only thing that helps Steph and Bobby to stay around, but I doubt it'll happen. As a new contestant, the last thing I would want is for them around any longer than they had to be, let alone in the final 2. I'm still not sure what to think about them returning since I need to see what their role will be. But if they are actual contestants, I'll be pretty disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I haven't seen any of the previews. How do you know it will be Steph and BJ? I don't want to see them back at all. They may have been fan favorites ( not mine) but they are very low on the totem pole regarding game playing as far as all past survivors go.
    It's been confirmed by the TV Guide Channel promo.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    If they had the last IC and Kucha lost, Alicia said everyone agreed that Mike would the one that was getting voted off.
    Actually, this may not have been the case at all. Just like at Ogakor, Kucha had its own 3-3 split. However, unlike Ogakor, the division wasn't as clear-cut at Kucha. Michael, Elisabeth, and Rodger made up one alliance, and Jeff, Alicia, and Nick made up the other. There was a good chance that the final pre-merge tribal council would have resulted in a 3-3 tie, with 3 votes for Mike and 3 votes for Jeff. Because of Jeff's previous vote, he would have been the one sent packing.
    Of course, there was more to it than that. Elisabeth and Rodger were trying their hardest at playing both sides of the fence. They wanted to convince Jeff/Alicia/Nick that they were on that side instead of with Mike. However, their true allegiance showed in the first 2 Kucha TC's. Both Debb and Kimmi voted for Jeff before they left. This was because Rodger convinced both of them that voting for Jeff was their only shot. Debb was sure Rodger was with her in booting Jeff, and Kimmi was told by Kentucky Joe that Jeff was going home as well. Of course, this isn't how it ended up going down, but Rodger managed to get Jeff some votes that could be used against him in the next tribal council. Never underestimate a guy like Rodger.
    Also, Jeff and Alicia never found out if Nick was really with them or not. Both were worried that he would turn on them when the time came. That time never did come.

If Kucha hadn't lost Mike to the fire, Jeff would have been sent packing, and both tribes would have merged 5-on-5. How it would have played out from there is anyone's guess. There's a chance that Kucha would have taken control of the game, and Tina would have never made it past the final 6.

The 2 who weren't chosen?

Was it the last Survivor when they had 20 castaways and 2 weren't picked for the game? Maybe those are the 2 who are coming back? I can't recall their names. Just the lady sang as she was being boated off the island.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    redjdv! "boated off the island". I LOVE that! You're right, Wanda wasn't voted off the island, she was boated off! Her boatmate was Jonathon.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

FORT Fan
    I was thinking it would be those two as well until TV guide spoiled it.
    It says that Steph and BJ will be returning "in some capacity", so maybe there will be competitions where the girls will have to go up against Steph and the guys up against BJ for immunity. That would be interesting.

Snoozin' on the beach
    To be honest with you, the only 2 people that would be worse (than BJ and Steph) to have as team leaders or captains would be Janu and Osten. What exactly does BJ & S bring to the table? They did not win a single team Immunity or Individual immunity and they only won 1 reward challenge. They didn't have the smarts to learn from their mistakes and fix the team dynamics and work as a unit. Yes, neither of them ever gave up but neither did every single other survivor contestant S1-present ( except for the 4 that quit). How many is that? BJ & S are 2 out of something like 175 people to never give up. Nothing special there. They were horrible at getting any food for themselves as well. At least Rupert was a bigtime food provider and challenge winner to his team. So he had something to offer besides being a fan favorite to be brought back again.

Nope, I would not have them as a leader and would never listen to a thing they had to say if I got stuck with them leading my tribe. I'd want a mentally dominanat strategist like Rob C. or a physically dominant player like Tom to lead my team. BJ & S coming back is for one reason and one reason only....ratings. They have nothing to offer this new group of survivors if they are there in any kind of leadership capacity.

Hopefully their "capacity" will only last the first episode and both will be gone. I am not a fan of bringing back previous contestants.
    There's no place like home!

BTW ...Colby was terrible in "Red Eye". He kept floating his "Rock like" eyebrow.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast