+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 193

Thread: Rafe

  1. #31
    Premium Member Grimjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    Question: How did this guy avoid being booted? In the RC he was pathetic. Morgan and Lydia both out performed him.

    I agree. The only thing that even saved him was that he "works" around camp. I sure hope he is out before Lydia.

  2. #32
    FORT god cable101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The center of the universe
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack
    I agree. The only thing that even saved him was that he "works" around camp. I sure hope he is out before Lydia.
    Rafe is sticking around because his tribe loves him. His inability to climb the ladder was forgotten as just a mess-up from Rafe. Morgan has said that everybody on Yaxha enjoys his company too much to boot him. We know that this really can keep you around for a long time, as evident by Katie from Palau. He may be the weakest of the guys, but I don't think that will make him a target anytime soon.

  3. #33
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606
    Great strategy if he keeps screwing up the challenges, yet his tribe keeps him around because they like him so much. Not that the RC was entirely his fault, but it could have given his tribe a little bit of an edge at the end if he didn't struggle. But Vanuatu's Chris blew several challenges for his tribe and he lasted. I don't care much for Rafe. Nice enough, but he seems like either he's going to be weak and a follower, or way too overconfident and cocky if he lasts long. Even if he is the weakest on his tribe, I still think they'll boot the strong ones over him simply because they view him as just that, weak. And they know they can get a weak member to vote along with them.

    "He is proudest of his ability to play Beethoven’s “Ode to Joy” on the piano with his toes."
    I might have been impressed, but I've seen a lot weirder things done by people. This would pale in comparision. But at least it's Beethoven and not something really easy.

  4. #34
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Babe
    Rafe’s hero is his mother, Lani, who is brilliant, beautiful, and charming enough to do anything with her life, but she chose to be his mother

    well,considering she is Morman,did she really have a choice? They always have passels of children.
    Well, yeah, actually she did. Plenty of us leave the Mormon Church or otherwise find ways to choose not to be someone's mom. It sound like she's creative, intellectual, and (I'm guessing, based on my own experience of Mormon women like he described) a somewhat non-conformist (for a Mormon) woman. So as opposed to many women who just sort of fall into what's expected, she probably did make a choice to be a mother, and I think it's nice that he recognizes and appreciates that.


    If he is really gay,I commend him for coming out of the closet,that can't have been easy in a Morman family.
    He's definitely gay. I live in Salt Lake, and I was in a doctor's office the other day, and there was an alternative newspaper in the lobby that had his picture on the cover with a huge headline that said something like, "He's Gay and He's Mormon. Can he Survive?" I thought that was a perfectly valid question and a catchy phrase, so I went to take a closer look. It wasn't until then that I realized it was Rafe, and they were referring to Survivor.


    I just hope he doesn't turn out to be one of those holier than thou Mormans who tries to get everyone else to become Morman...that could get old fast.
    Honey, trust me. When you're "out" enough to be talking in your pre-show video about wanting to use the good things you learned from the Mormon Church when you and your husband have a family of your own, you are not a "holier than thou" mainstream Mormon. I'm guessing that he won't be doing a lot of proselytizing. (Although, I suppose if there were any Mormon "I'm good and I'm right" attitudes that he had growing up, they might find ways to come out in other aspects of his personality.)

    I'd actually be very surprised if he is still an active member, and if he is, he may not remain one for very long, because the Mormon Church would not hesitate to excommunicate a gay person who is saying in such a public forum that he is gay and has every intention of being in gay relationships in the future.

    (The Mormons have in recent years softened their position on homosexuality only to the point that they seem to sort of admit that someone can be born gay, so they don't condemn someone who has those feelings. But they consider it a sin to act on them. A bit catch-22ish and not a policy I would find particularly helpful. But it's not quite as nasty as the attitude used to be where people were told they were disgusting for even having the thoughts and feelings.)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  5. #35
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    Question: How did this guy avoid being booted? In the RC he was pathetic. Morgan and Lydia both out performed him.
    he had dysentary the day before this competition and was still not feeling well.

  6. #36
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,524
    Sorry, I think Rafe is pretty worthless. Not this past week, but the week before, I felt him or Brianna should have been voted out for their level of sucktitude in the challenge. But Morgan was the one booted (who was worthless around camp, so not sorry to see her go either). This week it was definitely Brianna who needed to go, but I think Rafe should be next ~ before Lydia.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  7. #37
    FORT god cable101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The center of the universe
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_rocks
    he had dysentary the day before this competition and was still not feeling well.
    Where did you hear that? I know I haven't gotten around to watching Brianna's Survivor Live Episode, but if it wasn't in that, then I'm curious at to where you read/heard it.

    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Sorry, I think Rafe is pretty worthless. Not this past week, but the week before, I felt him or Brianna should have been voted out for their level of sucktitude in the challenge. But Morgan was the one booted (who was worthless around camp, so not sorry to see her go either). This week it was definitely Brianna who needed to go, but I think Rafe should be next ~ before Lydia.
    Rafe really isn't that weak in the challenges. Yes, his poor performance stood out on the second Reward Challenge. But in everything else, he has been pretty strong. He didn't perform poorly in the last Immunity Challenge, and that was the most recent measure of his skill.

  8. #38
    JESSICA: #1 AntmSTarTa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    Rafe really isn't that weak in the challenges. Yes, his poor performance stood out on the second Reward Challenge. But in everything else, he has been pretty strong. He didn't perform poorly in the last Immunity Challenge, and that was the most recent measure of his skill.
    In the last challenge, he seemed pretty strong. He made 2? baskets, and was on the winning team a couple of times. I remember when it was him, Brian, and Jamie against Judd, BobbyJon, and Blake. How did they win? I dont know ..

  9. #39
    FORT god cable101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The center of the universe
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by AntmSTarTa
    In the last challenge, he seemed pretty strong. He made 2? baskets, and was on the winning team a couple of times. I remember when it was him, Brian, and Jamie against Judd, BobbyJon, and Blake. How did they win? I dont know ..
    Actually, Rafe only made 1 (Jamie and Brian made the other 2). And the match you outlined resulted in a Nakum point.

    Regardless, Rafe proved in that challenge specifically that he's far more athletic than, say, Lydia. He's also more athletic than Amy, especially when she has a bad ankle. Morgan and Brianna? Also less athletic than Rafe. This is the reason that the girls have been the targets at Yaxha rather than the guys. When it comes down to it, I know I'd want Rafe with me in a challenge rather than any of the Yaxha girls (besides Stephenie).

  10. #40
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    Where did you hear that? I know I haven't gotten around to watching Brianna's Survivor Live Episode, but if it wasn't in that, then I'm curious at to where you read/heard it.
    he's a friend of a friend. my friend called him right after the show and thats what he said. i never watched this show before and im only watching it for him.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.