+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Rafe

Yes Fire I think Steph is worrying about the wrong person. Gary is calm and
    seems to keep his mouth shut. He could have blasted in camp about Judd lying but he didn't. Rafe on the other hand caused a huge change of events this week.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    I always forget about Rafe. Nobody ever talks about him being a threat.

Based on past performance, Rafe is much more of a threat than Gary. Yet Steph always claims Gary is a huge threat. Seems insane. Unless Steph is referring to Gary's ability to sway folks, but seems Rafe is equally good at that.

So, I'm wondering why Rafe is the only contestant to see Rafe as a threat? Maybe the others are saying it but the editors don't air it.
    He's either hid it well or the challenges they've had since the merge are more geared towards his ability. They have not been brute strength or athletic ability type challenges like we saw in the first half of the season. There's been some thinking invovled (the best strategy to get through it with the least problems). I don't think any of them give Rafe the credit to be a threat. He's just floated along to this point and been likable, very non threatening. Definitely underestimating him. I wouldn't be surprised if they thought it was dumb luck that he won 2 IC so far and their egos won't allow the possibility that the geek is better than the athletes.

Wow I thought the obstical course with the ropes wound all around the platform was a really physically demanding challenge....and he had to do it twice. And he beat the best of the best in that one.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCoetzer
    "Oh, the shark has pretty teeth, dear,
    And he shows them so pearly white.
    But a keen mind, has Sweet Rafe, dear,
    And he keeps it, keeps it, way out of sight.
    When that shark bites,
    With his teeth, dear
    Tribal shockwaves, they begin to spread.
    Wicked Queen Steph, though, has Sweet Rafe, dear
    So there's rarely, ever, blame on his head.
    Mighty late, on the 27th evening, see Jamie bitterly walking
    Mistakenly thinking he was oh-so safe
    Someone sneaking 'way from the tribal fire
    Could that someone perhaps, perchance,
    be our boy, Sweet Rafe?"

LC
    Love that LadyCoetzer!! That's too funny!

I think the secret to Rafe's strength now, compared to RC number two, is the fact that he and he alone...is eating ants and termites daily. He's completely, and then some, "proteinified". I like him alot too.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    Wow I thought the obstical course with the ropes wound all around the platform was a really physically demanding challenge....and he had to do it twice. And he beat the best of the best in that one.
    It's a bit of both mental and physical. Those knots were wound all over the place. Some got stuck because they couldn't figure out which way to go to get the knots undone to move on. It seems that Rafe and Cindy could just look at those knots and know which ones had to go where first in order to unravel them without any problems or having to backtrack to get free.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Bigdaddy there is going to be another all-stars?

Judd is toast. And if he erupts next week then he will only seal his own fate.

He is going to blow when he gets back to camp and want to know why his buddies didn't tell him what they were going to do.......dah ya think it might have been that you sold out your first tribe........then told everyone you would never write down the perfect advertisement for "anger management" Jamie?
    I hope not, and I can't believe MB would even consider it after how the first AS turned out. But Jeff hated it, so maybe that's the reason he's going to jump ship.

Rafe...meh. For me, he's just there. Don't like him, don't hate him, and I really don't want to see him win, but he'd be better than Lydia, Judd or Gary.

Well I have to say I wouldn't blame him. Of all the Survivor Seasons AS was my least favorite. Don't know why....but it was.

Rafe really doens't do it for me either. But like you said better him than Judd or Lydia.

Bigdaddy there is going to be another all-stars?
    Not a chance, especially not so early (season 14 would only have seasons 9-13 to get players from). Coby was joking. Not only did ASS suck, but many of the producers, including Probst, hated it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Well I have to say I wouldn't blame him. Of all the Survivor Seasons AS was my least favorite. Don't know why....but it was.

Rafe really doens't do it for me either. But like you said better him than Judd or Lydia.
    You weren't the only one. Survivor AS seems to taint any show thinking of doing an AS version of there own. It wouldn't surprise me if there was another one, should Survivor last a few more seasons, even though the producers didn't like it (but I blame them for that).

Rafe is fourth on my list of people I want to win, though there's a large gap between him and the other three. Right now, I want Danni, Cindy, or Steph (I'd be happier with her than anyone else). Then I don't really care after that, but I'd rather see Rafe than the other three remaining.

FORT Regular
    Wondering if the editing is trying to subtly (or not so subtly) suggest that Rafe continues to play a large strategic role in the upcoming episodes.

I say this because they showed Bobby John whispering to Jamie and either Judd or Gary during the last episode saying "you want to see your biggest threat? Right over there" and they cut to a shot of Stephenie and Rafe sitting together playing Leaf Uno. The implication was that BJ meant Stephenie, but I find it odd that the editors chose to include Rafe in the shot also, rather than a close-up of just Stephenie. That night, Bobby John went (albeit only because Gary found the idol, but still) after giving his warning to JAMIE.

THEN this last episode (when Jamie was kicked off) we saw Jamie whisper to Judd "Rafe is Stephenie's lap dog" as well as "Rafe isn't a threat right now"....and within minutes we see Rafe mastermind Jamie's departure. That night, Jamie goes after giving his warning about Rafe/Steph to JUDD.

And now Judd seems to be the odd man out and ready to pitch a fit...it would be really interesting to see if his behaviour results in his ouster next week...especially if somewhere in the episode he makes a comment about Rafe being a non-threat or being someone's lapdog...while all the others remain seemingly blind to his influence.

We shall see....we shall see.

+ Reply to Thread