+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Rafe

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    There's something about me that makes me feel he's not genuine. I have a spidey sense about him.
    I think that tingling sensation you're feeling is spurred by the fact that Rafe is very much in the game to win, and knows exactly how he much play to accomplish that goal. He understands Survivor, and he will vote with the majority alliance to oust nice guys like Brandon. The nice thing about him is that he recognizes the social aspect of the game as well, and even has enough of a heart to stop Jamie from rubbing defeat in Bobby Jon's face. It's clear he really does feel bad about treating Yaxha like dirt, but I think he also knows that treating them like that makes it harder for him to get their votes when he's in the final 2. He's a smart and, overall, underrated player who I see as having the best chance of playing exactly the game he needs to to win. If switching over to Yaxha's side would have put himself in a better position in the game, he would have done so. It didn't, so he wasn't going to switch. That doesn't mean he wasn't going to feel uncomfortable about Jamie's disrespect, whether his feelings regarding the treatment of Yaxha are strategically-influenced or not.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Mmmm, maybe...I'm just not sure that's it.

I guess I feel more like I don't believe it when he says he feels bad, but I feel more like he's trying to put on airs that he feels bad (both for the social part of the game and to the audience in confessionals in an attempt to look like just a nice guy that is still in it to win it). The tingling I feel seems like it's all just an act. But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind next week. On the other hand, maybe I'll even feel more strongly that he's a fraud.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I like Rafe as a person, like him as a player, like his morals when he stood up to Jamie and hope he goes far in the game. He seems like such a nice guy but his voice to me is like finger nails on a black board.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    He's 22? Whoa... That's the sun's work, an outdoor person like him has, really has, gotten alot of it. He's a warm guy, I can see that, but personally, I have not warmed up to him yet.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Mmmm, maybe...I'm just not sure that's it.

I guess I feel more like I don't believe it when he says he feels bad, but I feel more like he's trying to put on airs that he feels bad (both for the social part of the game and to the audience in confessionals in an attempt to look like just a nice guy that is still in it to win it). The tingling I feel seems like it's all just an act. But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind next week. On the other hand, maybe I'll even feel more strongly that he's a fraud.

I think Rafe's good heart is warring with his honed intellect. I think he genuinely feels bad, but is also conscious that his overt display of regret is good for the social aspect of the game. I see it more as "convenient honesty" rather than anything explicitly duplicitous on Rafe's part.

I see how his behaviour can come off as potentially suspect, but I just don't see it that way myself...which is solely my perception of the goings-on in Guatemala.

LC

Frankly after watching Judd, Jamie, and Bj's continuous outbursts.....Rafe's conscience was refreshing for a change.

FORT Regular
    Dagnabit...Rafe has slipped to third in Cari C's rankings this week after three weeks in the #1 spot (he's now behind Judd and Steph).

Still loving the man-kissing Mormon!

LC

Judd is #1 in a popularity poll somewhere OMG that is messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    Judd is #1 in a popularity poll somewhere OMG that is messed up.
    Actually, I think that's better than Stephenie being in first, along with Bobby Jon after he's already been booted, which is what is currently happening on the CBS site. If Gary, Rafe, Jamie, and Danni were out of the picture, I'd be tempted to vote for Judd too.

FORT Fogey
    With Bobby Jon gone, I'm putting my support behind Rafe. He is one heck of a nice guy. And, he's personable and a good player.

+ Reply to Thread