+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Margaret

FORT Fogey
    Margaret may have some serious guns, but does anyone else think she looks a lot older than 43? I think she looks older than my mom who's in her 50's.

I'm not sure what I think about her. She could go far, especially if she's UTR and ok at challenges, or get the boot if she doesn't bond with her tribe.

FORT Regular
    May not understand what "outwit" means when it comes to game deal making.

Boy, her bio is dry as dirt. You can't tell much about her personality from it, that's for sure. Somehow, I see her as the affluent soccer mom who thinks she's taken a walk on the wild side because a team of experts once rigged her up in a zipline and pushed her out of a tree.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I predict that she'll be another Tina but won't quite get as far because she probably isn't smart enough to get in on the right alliances. She'll probably allign with the football player and I think that would be a dumb move on her part. She'd do better to allign with a strong young man with smarts.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Early goner if you ask me. She seems genuinely nice though. But the obvious nice people don't really make it too far in the game.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Charleston Daily Mail
    Elkview native a ‘Survivor' contestant
    Former co-workers, mother remember woman's athleticism, competitive nature

Matthew Thompson
    Daily Mail staff

Elkview native Margaret Bobonich is described by her family and former co-workers as athletic and goal-oriented. The 43-year-old nurse practitioner will have a shot to prove herself on the upcoming season of the CBS hit reality show "Survivor."

Bobonich is one of 16 contestants on the show, which takes place in the rain forests of Guatemala this fall. The show puts the competitors in an area where they must outwit, outplay and outlast each other for a chance to win a $1 million prize.

The season premieres Sept. 15.

Although Bobonich moved out of the area 10 years ago, her mother, Judy Witthohn-Eskew, still resides in Elkview.

Bobonich currently lives in Chardon, Ohio, with her husband, Steve, and their two sons, Mike and Chase,

Witthohn-Eskew said her daughter has always been determined in whatever she does.

"Margaret always went after what she wanted," she said. "She is competitive, but with five sisters, you would be competitive, too."

Bobonich grew up with a total of seven siblings. Her mother is a retired paramedic for Kanawha County Emergency Services while her father, Henry, worked for the Federal Aviation Administration. He passed away six years ago.

As a teenager, Bobonich excelled in athletics. Witthohn-Eskew said her daughter enjoyed softball, bike riding and tree climbing.

"She's very ladylike, but there was a tomboy side," she said. "She always thrived on competition."

Bobonich attended Elkview Middle School and graduated from Herbert Hoover High School in 1980.

She went on to West Virginia University and the University of Charleston, where she graduated with a degree in nursing.

After college, Bobonich spent 16 years as a nurse at CAMC Memorial and for Healthnet Aeromedical Services, the local helicopter ambulance provider.

Becky Oakley worked with Bobonich at Healthnet and remembers her being athletic and outgoing.

"She always seemed very motivated and in pretty good shape," Oakley said. "You almost have to be to do the kind of work we do."

Oakley said the occupation included working in unusual places and hefting patients over rugged terrain. She said Bobonich loved the job and the non-stop action that was involved.
    "What we do here is very challenging -- I mean, it's not for the faint of heart, " Oakley said. "I think this type of position is perfect to prepare someone to be on ‘Survivor.' "

Although Oakley is not a fan of reality television shows, she may watch "Survivor" just to see how her former co-worker performs.

"I have young children, so it's mostly Cartoon Network for me," Oakley said. "But now I'm going to watch this season whenever I can."

This season, Bobonich will be pitted against other competitors including an ex-NFL quarterback, a retired fire captain and a ranch hand, among others.

Witthohn-Eskew said she knows her daughter will do her best on the show.

"She has come a long way," she said. "Of course, I am proud -- what mother wouldn't be?"
    Link: http://www.dailymail.com/news/News/2005081623/?pt=0

I dunno this could be the season the older ladies get it together and form the Baby Boomers alliance. Personally I didn't think much of her when they showed the promos but upon reflection she is exacty the type of person who could do well in a game like this, where it seems every young player thinks themselves a Survivor genius.

-shikigami

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    She'll be booted 5th.

/clairvoyant
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    She'll be booted 5th.

/clairvoyant

Ummmmm....I'm telling Paulie you stole his ball.
    "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans" - Van Zant

FORT Fanatic
    Since, she has a local tie. I hope she wins it all. She seems like a very put together person!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast