+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lydia

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Back to the first time they pulled the instant abandonment and they ALL were wearing their "photoshoot" clothes.
    Hate to break it to you, but what we see the Survivors wearing when they're stranded on their islands is far from being up to them. They have always been told what to wear, sometimes under the pretense it's for their publicity photos (PI), but often under no false pretenses. Does this mean things might be a little more difficult for those that had to wear Armani suits (Andrew and Shawn) or heavy blue jeans (Rupert)? Yup. And it can really screw over those who have to wear Scout uniforms (Lil) and whatever it is Wanda had to wear. But that's just another unfair element of Survivor. Besides, it helps CBS develop characters in a way that makes the show interesting to viewers. And that's always good, right?

Tada
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    YES! A contestant representing WA state! Another one of my preshow favs!

Yay for WA!

Lydia is definitely one of my pre-show favorites. She even says Pac-man is her favorite video game. Nice.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    After what Wanda said about being required to wear her navy blue dress for being shoved overboard, I wouldn't go on that show with ANY article of clothing that wasn't going to be comfortable in a survivor situation. You could get quite creative . . .

If they're going to ask contestants to wear particular things, they should ALL be their dress-up clothes, or their shorts, or whatever. NO picking and chosing who gets the shorts and who gets the jeans and who gets the totally impractical dress. Back to the first time they pulled the instant abandonment and they ALL were wearing their "photoshoot" clothes.
    True, but the producers may tell you you have to have certain clothes even before you leave your hometown. They may say to bring jeans, dresses, skirts, shorts, etc., and then what they see what you have, tell you what to wear. Obviously, the clothes on the back thing is meant to prove a hardship to the Survivor's so of course they're going to make certain ones wear something that may be a disadvantage compared to someone else.

I never forget that JP is a producer on the show. Like Rob M, Jenna, Amber and Rupert said during the ASS reunion intro (the commentary track): The real winners of every season are MB and JP.

JP says how if he were betting he would not bet on Lydia (was this an open diss at the betting scandles?) as she is out here in jeans, but how watch she is sitting across from them in the final 2. I don't think JP says things just for the hell of it, so he is leading people in one direction both through comments and what she is allowed to wear. I personally think an older lady such as herself could go far in this game. Let us not forget, in the land of spoilers there are the rumors that she makes final 2. Again I think it advantageous for MB and JP to have red herrings out there, but I don't see Lydia going home early unless she blows it in challenges early. She also has a better body type for being in the Jungle.
    watching- Season 11!

Quote Originally Posted by shikigami
    Let us not forget, in the land of spoilers there are the rumors that *cut*
    I am now rooting against the mentioned person, just so that I know the spoilers are wrong and the season was not partially ruined.
    Last edited by Leo; 09-10-2005 at 01:47 AM.

I mentioned that one only because of what JP had said, making me wonder since he said both A) he wouldn't bet on her and B) she could be across from him in the final 2. I am stuck here. Is he just being misleading or is the truth one of the 2?

I of course reserve judgement till I see at least one episode but it seemed so heavy handed of JP that I was like "hmmmmmm what is he getting at?" if anything at all.

I myself will firlmy root against the 2 players from before. Lydia I may root for but if it looks like she may go far..... well you know. Spoilers are fun when you go looking for them, not when they actually turn out to be true and ruin the season (kind of like ASS where they predicted the final 9 boot list).

Oddly, they picked a fishmonger but will they actually be doing any fishing or are they disallowed to fish that lake because of crocs?
    watching- Season 11!

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shikigami
    I mentioned that one only because of what JP had said, making me wonder since he said both A) he wouldn't bet on her and B) she could be across from him in the final 2. I am stuck here. Is he just being misleading or is the truth one of the 2?

I of course reserve judgement till I see at least one episode but it seemed so heavy handed of JP that I was like "hmmmmmm what is he getting at?" if anything at all.
    I believe that the video of Jeff giving his opinions about the Survivors was filmed in the opening days of Guatemala, so therefore he obviously would not know how things were going to play out. I really doubt that was filmed after the season had concluded. IIRC, for Vanuatu, he said something along the lines of how he thought Dolly would do well (or was that someone else..?) And we all know where she finished...

Quote Originally Posted by dustparticle05
    I believe that the video of Jeff giving his opinions about the Survivors was filmed in the opening days of Guatemala, so therefore he obviously would not know how things were going to play out. I really doubt that was filmed after the season had concluded. IIRC, for Vanuatu, he said something along the lines of how he thought Dolly would do well (or was that someone else..?) And we all know where she finished...
    Indeed, Probst's assessments were filmed as the first immunity challenge was being assembled (you can watch it in the background), so there's not much you can gather from what he says. Like you mentioned with Dolly, Probst isn't often a very good judge of these things. If he says Lydia doesn't have much of a chance, it doesn't mean anything.

What exactly is a Fishmonger?

After watching last night's episode, I don't think she will be around long. Stephanie already commented that Lydia was out of shape.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Lydia and Morgan are the only two contestants who are living up to my pre-show predictions. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Lydia being the first person booted from Yakha. However, I also think there's going to be more tension on her tribe with some of the contestants, so if there's head butting going on she might be spared unless she's so weak and begs to be voted off or costs her tribe a challenge. But I never thought Twila, Scout, or Caryn would last as long as they did, so I may be wrong again.

+ Reply to Thread