+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Lydia

It was when the "gang of four' was sitting up on the pyramid, and Lydia was down by the fire by herself.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    When did this happen? Somebody must have been yelling, "MOM!" at the time because I missed that part.
    It was after Rafe and Cindy returned from their reward I think. Stephenie and several others were sitting on the rocks above camp and Steph asked if any of the others were thirsty, then ordered Lydia to bring up the pitcher of water.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I think the timing sucked for Lydia, but she was probably thinking this could be her last chance to claim the reward for food. Remember she isn't very great at the more physical challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    It was after Rafe and Cindy returned from their reward I think. Stephenie and several others were sitting on the rocks above camp and Steph asked if any of the others were thirsty, then ordered Lydia to bring up the pitcher of water.
    Well, Lydia didn't have to get it for her. I would have loved to see her tell Steph to get it her own damn self.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Totally agree there with you Miss Filangi, Steph could of said...a simple please & thank you.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi View Post
    Well, Lydia didn't have to get it for her. I would have loved to see her tell Steph to get it her own damn self.

I thought the same thing about not having to get it but by not doing it, it would have made it worse for herself. Sure it would have pissed off StephaME even more but who cares if she gets more pissed than she already is?

The real damage it would have done would be with the other people. It would have made them all feel uncomfortable with the situation and distance themselves more from her (possible overthrow in the alliance) leaving her zero chance to get past the next TC. I don't think she's out of there yet.

FORT Newbie
    Steph could of said...a simple please & thank you.
    To be fair, she did say 'thank you'.

I really want to like Lydia, and I do still. But I don't get her sense of entitlement this last episode- that she should have won the reward or been taken on it just because she wanted it.

It's fine to point out that Stephenie has feasted after or at every single individual reward challenge. But after that, Cindy won fair and square, and she chose Rafe, who Lydia had said she would have chosen if she won. So it seems pretty childish to try to guilt trip them when they get back.

I suppose I'm underestimating the power of hunger for Survivor contestants, but it seems some people are far too willing to put a meal ahead of their chances to win the game.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass View Post
    I really want to like Lydia, and I do still. But I don't get her sense of entitlement this last episode- that she should have won the reward or been taken on it just because she wanted it.

It's fine to point out that Stephenie has feasted after or at every single individual reward challenge. But after that, Cindy won fair and square, and she chose Rafe, who Lydia had said she would have chosen if she won. So it seems pretty childish to try to guilt trip them when they get back.

I suppose I'm underestimating the power of hunger for Survivor contestants, but it seems some people are far too willing to put a meal ahead of their chances to win the game.

Up until this reward challenge I hadn't heard a peep out of Lydia regarding the pecking order. She hadn't until this episode groused about not eating. It's quite possible her reason for smashing Stephs pots had more to do with the utter frustaration of Steph being treated as a God by everyone else-sure Lydia wanted to eat and yes she said that but I really do believe she was just sick to death of steph not really having to do anything in order to maintain her position within the tribe (and not having to do a heck of a lot in order to get free meals) An act of defience on Lydias part. And then, back at camp you have Steph stuffing her face as she's telling Lydia she's way off base for acussing her of eating to much, which I thought was funny. That and the whole "fetch me my water, wench" as Steph sat up top the ruins ruling over her subjects.

It's not like lydia had no extra food. She did sit out the immunity challenge where they had a choice of balancing pots or feasting. Also i think she was one of the people who originally "fed" Steph's ego by telling her that Steph was the reason Lydia even applied for survivor in the first place. Maybe Lydia is not as enchanted with Steph anymore now that they hae been on the island for so many days together. Also, if Steph was the reason Lydia came on the show, then why does she give up so easily? Steph always tried hard in the challenges at Palau.(except the pizza incident) I'm just not a Lydia fan and I hope she goes home soon.

+ Reply to Thread