+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Lydia

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    That's how StephaME got her air of entitlement.
    God forbid someone dares breaks her pot and knocks her out of the challenge! Good for Lydia for smashing her pot. Steph alone doesn't have the power to get rid of her. 3 others have to go along so Lydia is not out of it yet
    Exactly. Except the way the people left have been following her every move, it could turn out to work against Lydia's favor.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    You have to admit that Lydia tries her darnedest in the challenges. Unlike Judd who just sat there last week when he couldn't figure out the knots in his ropes (hmmmmm, perhaps Margaret was on the money with her ADD comment?) Lydia was slogging along almost up to her waist in the mud for that one challenge. And, Steph was treating her like a servant with her "bring us some water" b.s.

Lydia works hard around the camp, tries hard in the challenges and seems to have some smarts when it comes to strategy. I'd MUCH rather see her win than Queen StephaME.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    That's how StephaME got her air of entitlement.
    God forbid someone dares breaks her pot and knocks her out of the challenge! Good for Lydia for smashing her pot. Steph alone doesn't have the power to get rid of her. 3 others have to go along so Lydia is not out of it yet

good point! I just find it hard to believe the remaining members are going to just go along with Stephanie without hatching some sort of plot to get rid of her- to me it feels like Steph hasn't done a thing to warrant such unwavering devotion. Lydia does get it- if I recall correctly her little confessional in the jungle about how people have to stop kow toeing(sp) to Steph.

I give Lydia serious points for outing Steph, but that poor-starving-me act back at camp eating her meager rations was just too affected. Fairness has zero to do with this game. Her comments about how she stuck with Steph and Judd and now she's out were just hilarious. They saved her bacon, and now she thinking she had some sort of power. She's showing more of her true character and, unless she can convince Danni, Cindy and Rafe that Steph and Judd are such threats that they need to go before her, she's as good as gone. I think that if she does make to the F2 no matter who she is beside that person will take the prize.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    And, Steph was treating her like a servant with her "bring us some water" b.s.
    I wonder if the editing would have shown it if she spit in it first

and she broke stephanie jug first
    She had to break someone's first.

But oh no, everyone has to bow down to Queen StepheME, what in the world was I thinking?
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGills View Post
    I give Lydia serious points for outing Steph, but that poor-starving-me act back at camp eating her meager rations was just too affected. Fairness has zero to do with this game. Her comments about how she stuck with Steph and Judd and now she's out were just hilarious. They saved her bacon, and now she thinking she had some sort of power. She's showing more of her true character and, unless she can convince Danni, Cindy and Rafe that Steph and Judd are such threats that they need to go before her, she's as good as gone. I think that if she does make to the F2 no matter who she is beside that person will take the prize.
    It's a little late for her to be angry with Stephenie, though. She had her chance to switch when they merged. Yaxha only needed ONE vote and she chose to stay with the alliance of six. It's great to have a solid alliance, but at some point, people choose to settle for 5th or 6th place. I think Lydia actually thought that she'd be protected enough to land in the final four. It's all well and good to discuss strategy and explore your options, but she should have steered Gary away from the rest of the tribe, who were all in earshot.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi View Post
    It's a little late for her to be angry with Stephenie, though. She had her chance to switch when they merged. Yaxha only needed ONE vote and she chose to stay with the alliance of six. It's great to have a solid alliance, but at some point, people choose to settle for 5th or 6th place. I think Lydia actually thought that she'd be protected enough to land in the final four. It's all well and good to discuss strategy and explore your options, but she should have steered Gary away from the rest of the tribe, who were all in earshot.
    You bring up some good points. I agree that Lydia did feel secure within her alliance, up until very recently, however. She certainly had a free ride to the final 4 with probably Steph, Judd, and either Rafe or Cindy. I think her anger/jealousy towatds Steph began after the last reward. She really had no reason to flip over to the former Yaxha members since she was secure with Steph and the rest of the alliance. But at this episode, we obviously saw that Lydia was fed up with Steph getting too much food and tried to change it (which, I don't blame her. It was a very legitimate reason to try to knock Steph out of the challenge for reasons other than tribal loyalties). We'll have to see how things play out next week. If she can survive it, I think she'll make it into the final 4, possibly final 3. It'll depend on who she teams up with and whether or not the friction between her and Steph continues. She's said in her confessionals this week that she realizes that she's on the chopping block and she'll do whatever she needs to in order for her to get farther.

Quote Originally Posted by dustparticle05 View Post
    You bring up some good points. I agree that Lydia did feel secure within her alliance, up until very recently, however. She certainly had a free ride to the final 4 with probably Steph, Judd, and either Rafe or Cindy. I think her anger/jealousy towatds Steph began after the last reward. She really had no reason to flip over to the former Yaxha members since she was secure with Steph and the rest of the alliance. But at this episode, we obviously saw that Lydia was fed up with Steph getting too much food and tried to change it (which, I don't blame her. It was a very legitimate reason to try to knock Steph out of the challenge for reasons other than tribal loyalties). We'll have to see how things play out next week. If she can survive it, I think she'll make it into the final 4, possibly final 3. It'll depend on who she teams up with and whether or not the friction between her and Steph continues. She's said in her confessionals this week that she realizes that she's on the chopping block and she'll do whatever she needs to in order for her to get farther.
    But Gary&Judd has eaten just as much as Strphanie has, the point is Lydia lost the game at that moment she should have kept her feeling to herself, she should have continued to play the game and took Gary's or Danni's out first that is all I am saying, I would rather be hungry for a few more days than give up Million dollars or a chance at it.......Lydia has doomed herself in the eyes of her alliance.............

FORT Newbie
    I don't know what Lydia was thinking when she hit Steph first, but common sense just wasn't factoring on any level. We all knew it was the "pecking order challenge" the moment we saw it and Lydia just had to know that hitting anyone other than Gary or Danni would be considered disloyal.

I absolutely understand her reasons for hitting Steph, but she was a total fool not to wait for the latter stages where her reasoning would have made weight with the rest of her alliance. Just to prove that she'd completely lost the plot she moans afterwards in confessional that Cindy should have taken her along on the award? Madness. After completely sabotaging herself there was absolutely no way that anybody from the "Four" would be stupid enough to touch her.

Steph was way out of line with the melodrama after the challenge but there is no doubt in my mind that Lydia made her own bed so far as her alliance was concerned. From what we saw, she was disloyal to them long before they turned their backs on her.

+ Reply to Thread