+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I can't believe I'm getting into a position of defending this guy, but I'm wondering about editing making things look quite different from the way they are. For example, people are always saying, just tell me if I'm going, don't do it behind my back. Maybe he is one of those types and is doing unto others what he'd like done to himself (even tho it is very bad strategy, gives them a chance to rally support). So that would account for his behavior at the lunch and with Brandon.
    And the "no room at the inn" remark might have been a joke? After all there used to be more people on the tribes so more people used to sleep "inside". There can't literally have not been enough room.
    But, on the other hand, JoJoDea, some people behave very differently with peers or superiors than with underlings, as tickerrose said...if you want to know what someone is really like watch how they treat the secretaries, etc. when they are the boss. Or the waiters at a restaurant. So you may not have seen that side of him. Yet.
    And on the third hand, some people just get a little nuts over the team thing. For example, Mark on Biggest Loser, when they pitted the men against the women, was calling the women scumbags and comparing them to the criminals he worked with every day (he's a cop)--but when they switched up the teams and he was paired with the woman he most disliked he bonded with her. So my point about Jamie is, he may just be into the trashtalking team loyalty thing--what he thinks is "normal" behavior.

I think you may be onto something, PWS, about Jamie. When he didn't want to go to Danni's birthday party, it was because he didn't want to mingle with the other team. The same thing is true at the feast/challenge, because the way he was heckling Bobby Jon really did remind me [now that I think about it] of the way that sports fans always rag on the opposing team, whether it be at a stadium or the local ball field, and it was obvious that he felt really tight with Judd when he was praising him for protecting "our lead" [even if it did royally piss Judd off]. He doesn't seem to feel the same way about his team-mates who are woman [or Rafe, either], but he definitely has that team mentality going with Judd, which all sports fans have towards their team. It's a guy thing.

Have any of you seen the CBS Survivor live interview with Brandon?
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/slive.shtml

He was asked about the bit where he, Jamie and Bobby Jon were standing around the fire and Jamie was saying "Brandon's head is on the chopping block."

Brandon said that he had asked Jamie to tell him what the other tribal members were saying and if he was in trouble, and Jamie was just saying what was going on. He said it was creative editing that made Jamie look bad, when all Jamie was doing was answering his question.

It's in part one of the interview.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    Have any of you seen the CBS Survivor live interview with Brandon?
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/slive.shtml

He was asked about the bit where he, Jamie and Bobby Jon were standing around the fire and Jamie was saying "Brandon's head is on the chopping block."

Brandon said that he had asked Jamie to tell him what the other tribal members were saying and if he was in trouble, and Jamie was just saying what was going on. He said it was creative editing that made Jamie look bad, when all Jamie was doing was answering his question.

It's in part one of the interview.
    Ah ha! Nope, hadn't seen it, just guessing because something about the "vibe" of that scene seemed off, and I wondered how much editing was involved. Thanks!
    PS Does this mean we are being edited ti root for BJ?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Does this mean we are being edited to root for BJ?
    I've given up wondering what's really going on. I like rooting for the underdog and love it when people misbehave so it's all good to me.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I always root for the underdog, too [Why else would I be rooting for Judd????]

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I agree...just wild speculation at this point since the editing can be so extreme. But what I meant was, if Jamie isn't nearly as bad as he's seemed then BJ's response to him is inappropriate, unless BJ isn't as nice as he's being edited. And certainly BJ has had his less than admirable moments...still remembering him and Judd whining about Margaret making suggestions on how to put up the tent...not because she was right or wrong, but because she was an older woman "telling him what to do" who wasn't his mama...as if she had shouldn't have had the nerve to open her mouth. And at that point her main interaction with him had been saving his life. Or what's left of his brain. Of course since his eyes were rolled up in his head maybe he was so out of it he didn't remember that.
    Anyway, if Jamie isn't so bad, then BJ's behavior isn't so good.

I like cheering for the underdog and somehow usually end up defending those players who most people on the boards dislike (like the TAR's Weaver family and yes even Stephenie sometimes) but he was not just giving the old freindly sportsman banter, he was being an arrogant ass. Even Jeff was disgusted with him, couldn't you tell? He kept pushing BJ's buttons and pushing and pushing.....He must have had some bad coaches in high school, you know the ones that keep the starting players in the soccer game even after the score is 28-0 and celebrate after every goal.
    He has a bad attitude and while I am not saying a good attitude is neccesary to win survivor, I am saying that I hate watching it and I want him to go home ASAP.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoDea
    I can't imagine why he's behaving the way he is.
    Because he's on a power trip. The wine no doubt factored in too. To me, it looked like it wasn't the first time Jamie's been in power trip mode. He is a pretty boy, he's probably gotten away with that type of behavior before, without any significant consequences. Which is why it was such "highschool" behavior on his part. That's usually where penchants for power trips are fostered. It's his smiles that betray him. When Jeff asked him if he was intentionally trying to razz BJ, that smile was such a "yeah...that's me...ain't I a cute little rascal". When Jeff asked how the merge went, Jamie coyly smiled and said he joked about "no room in the shelter" (I loved how Bobby Jon spit right after Jamie said that ). And he smiled again at TC. He's probably a great guy in real life ( ), but on the show, he's a major romper room kid. Those adorable Gaghan "rug rats" on TAR showed much more class and maturity than Jamie has.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I think we're seeing conflict and tension, specifically between Jamie & BJ. This could all just be an overdose of testosterone. Remember how Jamie & BJ did the "monkey chest slam" thing after the "ball" challenge? They were screaming at each other like howler monkeys.

Plus, Jamie's in the power position, so BJ is trying to play nice and keep his mouth shut. So, Jamie's gloating and trying to get BJ to lose his temper.

I think Jamie's acting like an ass right now - because he CAN. Throw in a bit of creative editing and.....YOWZA! THAT'S great TV!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread