+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary

Gary

Gary
    Ex-NFL Quarterback/Real Estate Developer
    Grand Haven, MI

Bio:

Originally from Grand Haven, Michigan, Gary Hogeboom attended Grand Rapids Northview High School. He then attended Central Michigan University, where he became quarterback of their football team before being drafted by the NFL.

In 1980, Hogeboom was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys and played with them for six years. He then played three years with the Indianapolis Colts, followed by a year with the Phoenix Cardinals and a year with the Washington Redskins.

Since retiring from the NFL, Hogeboom has become a real estate developer and landscaper. He also serves as volunteer coach for high school football, basketball, tennis, and soccer. He previously volunteered his time with Youth for Christ conducting Youth Ministry Work.

Hogeboom believes he is a useful member of Survivor because he is a team player, a hard worker, had lots of outdoor skills, and is very athletic. He believes he can win because he’s a fierce competitor and he likes to have fun. He enjoys hunting and horseback riding, all sports, and spending time with his family.

Hogeboom has been married to Kristi for 24 years and is father to Heidi, Jake, Kasi, and Jami. They have one cat and three horses. His birthday is August 21, 1958.

Favorites:

Colors: Blue
    Scents: Pine
    Flowers: Rose
    Board Games: Pictionary
    Video Games: No favorite
    Sports to Play: Basketball, tennis, ice hockey
    Sports Teams: No favorite
    Outdoor Activities: Horseback riding in the mountains, hunting, hiking, running, snorkeling, basketball, tennis, skiing
    TV Shows: Survivor, Lost
    Movies: Legends of the Fall, Gladiators, Remember the Titans
    Actors: Brad Pitt, John Travolta, Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Denzel Washington, Will Smith
    Actresses: Sandra Bullock, Angelina Jolie, Goldie Hawn
    Music: Country
    Magazines: Western Horseman, Backpacker
    Books/Authors: Last of the Breed by Louis L’Amour
    Cereals: Honey Nut Cheerios, Honeycombs
    Fruits: Blueberries, raspberries
    Snack Foods: Peanuts
    Cookies: Chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin
    Candy Bars: Nestle Crunch
    Alcoholic Drinks: No favorite
    Non-Alcoholic: Fruit smoothies, orange juice
    Last edited by Mantenna; 08-12-2005 at 04:18 AM.

I think I am going to like this guy.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

TV Shows: Survivor, Lost
    Lost?!!! Needless to say, I've found my pre-show favorite!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Bah. As a Michigan girl, I'm fed up with MIchigan reality folks that SUCK! I'm not saying Gary will, but considering everything listed above and where he lives I suspect he could turn into the "rich guy who doesn't deserve to win" as have some past contenstents.

I really don't feel he has what it takes. No, he won't be going early. But no, he won't make it to the end, either. Around mid-game he'll get the boot, but his success relies on how the others decide to play the game.

For his career, Hogeboom appeared in 79 games and passed 9,436 yards and 49 TD's (He also has four rushing TD's) in 10 NFL seasons (Dallas, Indy, and Arizona).
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

He's rich already, why does he need another million? But he seems cool and he'll go pretty far.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    For his career, Hogeboom appeared in 79 games and passed 9,436 yards and 49 TD's (He also has four rushing TD's) in 10 NFL seasons (Dallas, Indy, and Arizona).
    I actually remember when he was traded from Dallas to Indy in 1986 to be the savior for the Colts.

ok, I think I must root for him because
    1 he was born in 58 like me
    2 he loves lost and survivor
    3 he's an animal lover
    4 last of the breed is a really good book
    5 he loves gladiator
    I'll forgive him for his love of country music
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

FORT Fogey
    Oh my God, he shares his birthday with one of the biggest jerks (that's being far too kind, just think of every swear word in the language and you'll cover this guy) that I know so I really hope that's all these guys have in common. I love football but since I'm only 20, I've never heard of him. I asked my mom about him and she vaguely remembers him. I doubt that many, if any, of the other contestants will know who he is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast