+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Being an X-NFL'r, WHY in the Sam Hell doesn't he have a favorite sports team ?!!? As soon as he said he didn't have a favorite, I was writing him off. Then, I read that he reads Louis L’Amour.. he's salvageable now. His books are great!

He'll be voted out mid-game because people will say/think that he's already "well established" in his life, and doesn't deserve to have more $$.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

He may be a semi-famous football player, but boy is he homely.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Being an X-NFL'r, WHY in the Sam Hell doesn't he have a favorite sports team ?!!?
    Exactly. No fav sports team, and he lists basketball, tennis, and ice hockey as sports to play? That is really odd.

Quote Originally Posted by glennajo
    Exactly. No fav sports team, and he lists basketball, tennis, and ice hockey as sports to play? That is really odd.
    Well, we know Hogeboom wanted to keep his previous profession secret, as he didn't want to be targeted for already being financially successful. Maybe he was afraid that the other contestants might see his "Favorites" list? Perhaps he thought there was a chance they might be used in a challenge? If this is the case, I'm liking this guy more and more...

I agree, cable101. I think Gary's attempt to distance himself from football includes the questionnaire.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I think he could go pretty far in this game..definitely post-merge. For some reason I'm thinking he could be a Tom-like player. I'm willing to give him a chance. He's really trying to lay low at the beginning, so maybe he knows Survivor and how the strategy works.

FORT Regular
    Im rooting for Gary. He actually had a little talent and had a few opportunities to start in his years in the NFL unlike bums of the Jesse Palmer ilk who wont ever get an opportunity to start anywhere in the league.

FORT Fan
    My preshow fav. A football player AND a local guy, Grand Haven ain't too far from here. The last Michigan guys I liked were Mike and Keith (the only survivor I'd knew of before Survivor) from Survivor 2, and both did well (or at least Mike would've done well, if not for falling in the fire). Hopefull he'll live up to that. You have to be pretty smart to be an NFL QB, so I expect he'll be smart out there and do well.

FORT Fogey
    I'm a huge football fan but I've ALWAYS rooted against the Cowboys. I do remember Gary from his Dallas days and I remember the hoopla surrounding his arrival in Indy (being Hoosier-born, I keep an eye on Indy teams), but you know, he just sort of disappeared off the radar screen at some point for me. I hope he does well, and I think it's wise of him to keep his past profession a secret - no need to give the others any reason to paint a target on your back and with some people, any reason is a good reason.

Thank goodness he realized that taking the leadership role won't get you very far in the game. Hopefully he will let Steph assume the role, and she will get voted out (again).

+ Reply to Thread