+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary

I vaguely remember him,hubby says he was an okay football player.I think it's cool that we finally have a former NFL star on the Survivor team,but since he already has millions,I don't see him winning,since the other tribe members might use his wealth against him.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

he seems like a nice, down-to-earth guy, and being a former quarterback he might be able to lead a team... only if the others don't figure out who he is. of course, those things usually come out, don't they? he seems to be an early fan favorite, hopefully he will last awhile.

Capable, likeable, middleaged guy? Odds stacked in his favour already.

Great, the first Survivor player I knew of before they were on the show. It will be interesting how he deals with that - I doubt anyone would know who he is if he doesn't reveal his last name and even if he does most of them probably won't know. If someone figures it out early enough Gary's either going home early or is in for some blackmailing.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Oh my God, he shares his birthday with one of the biggest jerks (that's being far too kind, just think of every swear word in the language and you'll cover this guy) that I know so I really hope that's all these guys have in common. I love football but since I'm only 20, I've never heard of him. I asked my mom about him and she vaguely remembers him. I doubt that many, if any, of the other contestants will know who he is.
    Those of us old enough to remember the later years of the Tom Landry-coached Dallas Cowboys (before they went into a tailspin in the late 1980s and Jerry Jones bought the team, firing Landry in April 1989 and bringing in Jimmy Johnson) remember Hogeboom as the backup to Danny White, who never could get the Cowboys back to the Super Bowl once the 49ers began their run under Bill Walsh and Redskins under Joe Gibbs (the first time around for Gibbs).

An irony is I remember that Danny White retired on the same day in July 1989 as Ron Guidry, who was the ace of the two Yankee teams that won it all in the "Bronx Zoo" days of 1977-'78 (sorry for straying, but I thought it was relevant).

Hogeboom as previously noted was traded to the Colts before the 1986 season, where he was expected to be the savior, but instead was a major bust with the Colts (save for 1987 when Eric Dickerson came over after the strike and actually got the Colts the AFC East title).

I remember Gary, even though I never cared for the Cowboys, especially back then. I mainly remember Danny White throwing hissy fits on the field. Hope Gary does well, though...he seems like a good guy.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey
    The fit old(er) father who's probably a nice guy. Should be able to make it to the merge.

FORT Regular
    Not hungry enuf.
    Just wants a midlife adventure.

Eh...Football players don't impress me on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and last impression. I could be wrong but I think he'll be just a washed up jock.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Hey, he likes Lost - that's points in my book! Then again, Brad Pitt is one of his favourite actors - eww.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

+ Reply to Thread