+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 269

Thread: Danni

  1. #41
    Evil Slash Crazy Miss Filangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Looking for a place to happen
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,376
    But, like you said, Toxic, she's in the business and he would be much more familiar to her than the average person.

    I imagine he likely looked familiar to her from maybe even the boat/plane ride over. Learning his first name might have just been the confirmation she needed. Had he gone by a different first name, she might have thought it was only coincidental.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.


  2. #42
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Also, I think they make it clear in various ways that she's a sports fanatic, not just some casual fan who somehow drifted into sports radio. You know... the kind who knows nutso amounts of trivia and who watch 20 year old football games on the "ESPN Classic" channel.

    I actually think she was cast FOR THIS, as much as for being a former model/beauty queen (a type we know they like to cast). My theory is that she was cast to cause trouble for Mr. QB at some point--that the producers knew about his plan to try and remain anonymous and inserted her as either a potential thorn in his side, or maybe as a potential fan/cross-tribe insta-ally depending on how things shook out between them.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  3. #43
    COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    At the FORT
    Posts
    12,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    You know... the kind who knows nutso amounts of trivia and who watch 20 year old football games on the "ESPN Classic" channel..
    Um, doesn't everyone do that?

    I also listen to the "sports junkies" on the radio, watch college football each Saturday, and have the Sunday ticket for the NFL. And I don't think I would have recognized him in a million years. I definitely would have recognized his name, but not his face. I'm VERY impressed that she knew him.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

  4. #44
    Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    From Here to Eternity
    Posts
    1,149
    I make my living knowing the NFL. I certainly know Gary Hogeboom's name, but it was never a big name.

    The thought that a 30-year-old sports radio personality would know the face of someone who retired 15 years ago and never played in Kansas City is utterly ludicrous.

    She might well have heard his name before. Unless she happened to have interviewed him for some story, she would not know his face.

    I firmly believe the producers fed her the information. She said it with such confidence.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

  5. #45
    FORT Fan ManySkills's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    315
    I believe I read somewhere that in interviews, Jim has said that he and Danni discussed Gary. She knew his face, and he put a name to the face.

  6. #46
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    I make my living knowing the NFL. I certainly know Gary Hogeboom's name, but it was never a big name.

    The thought that a 30-year-old sports radio personality would know the face of someone who retired 15 years ago and never played in Kansas City is utterly ludicrous.

    She might well have heard his name before. Unless she happened to have interviewed him for some story, she would not know his face.

    I firmly believe the producers fed her the information. She said it with such confidence.

    My husband, who is 35 & a football fanatic (if you only knew...) , didn't even recognize him. I wouldn't be surprised if what you suspect is true.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  7. #47
    What's a sitcom? Toxic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    641
    I never got a chance to finish my original post. But, people in sports radio get to hear alot of gossip and "inside" news. I wouldn't be surprised if she found out Gary was going to be on Survivor ahead of time. Either through an acquaintance or just general scuttlebutt.

    I don't know if you ever knew anyone that made final interviews for a show like Survivor or Apprentice .. but news like that travels fast among friends and co-workers. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the case.

  8. #48
    Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    From Here to Eternity
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills
    I believe I read somewhere that in interviews, Jim has said that he and Danni discussed Gary. She knew his face, and he put a name to the face.
    How? Gary didn't retire to the old boys' circuit, as far as I know. He never became a coach, just went back to the Holland area and raised a family. I could see him going to Cowboy player reunions, he was there for a long time. But pretty much nothing else regarding football.

    Danni is 30. Gary retired when she was 15 and focused on high school and beauty pageants. She hasn't been doing the sports radio thing a long time.

    Jim may well have seen Gary play football, but he's probably never gotten more than a glimpse of his face because Jim apparently hasn't lived in the Dallas area.

    Meanwhile, how does this conversation go? All this story does is transfer the recognition from Danni to Jim?

    I'm not buying it. It just sounds like a cover, which makes me all the more suspicious that it came from a producer.

    Now, the idea that Danni heard a rumor and was watching to make the connection, maybe had looked at pictures in preparation? That sounds plausible. But why not just admit that?
    Passing over to the Dark Side

  9. #49
    FORT god cable101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The center of the universe
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    Now, the idea that Danni heard a rumor and was watching to make the connection, maybe had looked at pictures in preparation? That sounds plausible. But why not just admit that?
    For all we know, she might have. That doesn't mean the viewing audience is going to see it. Remember, the producers and editers have a story to package and feed to us, and Danni knowing Gary through her sports radio profession is a much better story for the general viewer than the one you outlined above, regardless of how close to the truth it may be.

  10. #50
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    Danni is 30. Gary retired when she was 15 and focused on high school and beauty pageants. She hasn't been doing the sports radio thing a long time.

    Jim may well have seen Gary play football, but he's probably never gotten more than a glimpse of his face because Jim apparently hasn't lived in the Dallas area.

    Now, the idea that Danni heard a rumor and was watching to make the connection, maybe had looked at pictures in preparation? That sounds plausible. But why not just admit that?
    But Danni has been into sports a very long time. I remember when she competed at Miss Teen USA, her interview was about what a sports nut she was. I think it's very likely that she could have seen him in the interview process, did a little research and came up with his name. Or heard the rumor. But what does she need to admit?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.