+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Serpa Company Unloads Survivor Materials

Serpa Company Unloads Survivor Materials

A Spanish friend (and fellow Survivor enthusiast) pointed out this site to me:
    http://serpaguatemala.com

In the "Services" section of the site, it states that this company, Serpa, unloaded all of the necessary materials for the upcoming season of Survivor. After I attempted to translate it with my fairly limited understanding of the Spanish language, I realized that the site doesn't say much at all about the show, though it does describe the show's premise. However, there are photos of the plane being unloaded that may interest some:

Not much information, really, but I need my Survivor fix.

Sparing the details, the article primarily talks about the potential for tourism increase due to the show, such as including a direct flight there. I'm not sure why that is important, since Delta flies to Guatemala City rather often already. In fact, their flights to Guatemala City seem to be lined up with their flights to Guadalajara, Mexico, which seem to be daily.

It also includes minor parts about how agreements were finalized between committees of the Guatemalan government and CBS, allowing Survivor: Guatemala to film, and the basic concept of the show.

If I'm not mistaken, though, they are currently on Day 23 of filming. So, if the game is patterned like the past 10 have been, they'll be voting off the first jury member tomorrow night!

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    Hey Healblade, aren't you down there in Mexico for a month or so?

Are you close to Guatemala?
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

Just got back Saturday, but I was in the western part of Mexico, and Guatemala is just southeast of the Yucatan area.

Delta seems to run twin flights Atlanta - Guadalajara and Atlanta - Guatemala City... I wouldn't be surprised if the cast made a connecting flight through Hartsfield International Airport on August 6th or 7th, likely arriving in ATL around 6:30-7:00pm EST.

Not that I thought about it daily while I was in Mexico... did I mention the interesting fact that the Mayan Calendar ends December 21, 2012? (makes a mental note to develop the film from the Mayan exhibit at the museum in Mexico City)

By the way, I think a round-trip ticket is around $600-700 if you wanted to try to drop by Yaxta National Park. It's already Day 26, so they should be down to 8 people... maybe security has lessened. I hear rumors, however, that armed governmental guards have been patrolling the area pretty regularly. I'm not going to risk it... you go right ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Healblade
    By the way, I think a round-trip ticket is around $600-700 if you wanted to try to drop by Yaxta National Park. It's already Day 26, so they should be down to 8 people... maybe security has lessened. I hear rumors, however, that armed governmental guards have been patrolling the area pretty regularly. I'm not going to risk it... you go right ahead

Afraid I can't go spending $700 on an attempt at possibly spoiling some information about Survivor. Besides, I doubt anyone in the area would be able to find out much of anything about production. From what I hear, security has been so tight for the last 3 seasons that it's been pretty much impossible to find out anything about the show during filming, or even after filming has wrapped. I doubt things are different for this season. If you really wanted to, you might be able to catch the Survivors returning at the airport and get some weight spoilers, but I think I'm content staying here in Florida and waiting to watch the season from the comfort of my living room.

+ Reply to Thread