+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Survivor 11 Promo Transcript

Survivor 11 Promo Transcript

As this summer passes, we will recieve more and more information about the upcoming season of Survivor, to be filmed in Guatemala. Because filming has not yet started, however, our information on the season is limited. All we know is what CBS has provided, a Survivor:Guatemala promo at the end of the finale for Survivor 10. For everybody who missed it and wanted to know what was said, here's the transcript for the promo:

"Hidden deep in the rainforest of Central America, stand the ruins of an ancient civilization that once prospered and then vanished. These were the Maya people and this is the country of Guatemala. These stunning cities of the past stand as clues to a mystery thousands of years old.

While Europe was in the dark ages, it was the Maya who harnessed the knowledge of the stars and the celestial movements to create a mystical union of man, nature and the Gods. It was a world of great kings, elaborate ceremonies, fierce battles and even human sacrifice.

18 Survivors will be marooned within this mysterious and rugged terrain. For the first time, the castaways will actually live within the ruins of a vanished civilization and they will be forced to embrace the ancient Maya lifestyle. Join us this fall as the adventure continues with 'Survivor: Guatemala, The Maya Empire.'"

[link removed]
    Last edited by John; 05-21-2005 at 08:54 PM.

I am SO excited for the next installment of Survivor! I just got into it during the Vanuatu season and have been trying to catch up on past seasons since then. But I already know who won each season so some of the suspense is gone. But I'm SO excited for Survivor: Guatemala. I would love to do this show at some point, test myself to the limit, see how I'd hold up and look at myself from a distance in such an extreme situation.

I wonder what is meant by the contestants being 'forced to embrace the ancient Maya lifestyle'. What, they're gonna actually sacrifice the eliminated contestants rather than just voting them off? Will they have to wear feather costumes and drink bitter cocoa? Will they go to war against Survivor: Aztec castaways? Will a bunch of Spaniards attack the set and enslave the final four while spreading disease?
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I'm willing to bet that the tribe names are Montezuma and Cortes.
    Totey Wuz Here

Quote Originally Posted by Totey
    I'm willing to bet that the tribe names are Montezuma and Cortes.
    Reminds me too much of "Drake" and "Morgan." The only reason I liked those tribe names was because they were easy to spell. I'd take something like "Maraamu" and "Koror" over "Cortes" anyday.

+ Reply to Thread