+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ways To Shake Up Future Seasons

Actually choose people who want to win this game. I was appalled at Ian giving up at F3. Get people like Rob C., Kathy, and heck yeah, even Jonny FairPlay, they did everything to stay in the game, to win the game. If you think 3rd place is ok, they shouldnt even be considered. PLAY THE GAME!!!

Some people keep asking for changes/twists in the show, but when they get it they whine and complain and say "I'm not gonna watch that show anymore!"...Go Figure...
    Kick some ass...get some later...

Quote Originally Posted by bluesboi
    Actually choose people who want to win this game. I was appalled at Ian giving up at F3. Get people like Rob C., Kathy, and heck yeah, even Jonny FairPlay, they did everything to stay in the game, to win the game. If you think 3rd place is ok, they shouldnt even be considered. PLAY THE GAME!!!
    He wanted to redeem himself...apparently, to Ian, having Tom's respect is much more important than winning or the money...I'm pretty sure almost everybody who joins survivor wants to win the game...And i doubt Ian said to the producers "I'm planning on getting to Final 3, then at the final immunity challenge, i'm gonna give up and ask someone to vote me off" during his interview...Like Ian said he did not want to be viewed as the villain so he redeemed himself...
    Last edited by Quinito; 05-17-2005 at 11:41 AM.
    Kick some ass...get some later...

I like my ex-wife's idea: Whoever wins individual immunity cannot vote at Tribal Council. Contestants would then have to decide if individual immunity is more valuable than protecting their alliances. It would also become harder for a small group to control the game.

The Survivor Gemini idea is interesting!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Instead of voting people off, let the show reflect a closer approximation of the realities of surviving in the wild.

Imagine if a group of you are stranded. Natural leaders emerge from the pack, and natural followers. Some are hunters, some are gatherers, some are nurturers, and some are freeloaders.

In the real world of surviving in groups of strangers, accidents happen and people become lame/handicapped -- e.g., break an arm or leg -- this would slow you down, and you simply have to struggle harder to survive, or be nurtured by others in the tribe. You're gone when you die.

So to simulate these conditions on the t.v. contest show Survivor, people are not voted out of each tribe. Instead, a handicap is imposed on a player, such as a broken arm or blindness or broken leg. So if Tom was voted to have a broken arm, his arm would be set in a crude splint/cast and it would impede his performance around camp and in the challenges. If Jenn was voted to become blind, she would have to wear a blindfold around camp and during challenges. If one person becomes completely incapacitated, they "die" and leave the tribe/game altogether.

The strongest survivor wins the big prize in the end.

FORT Fan
    So throw Probst in there. He always seems to have interesting questions and interesting takes on the game, but he can never seem to hold back his comments about play style.I'd love to see how he fares as a tribe member.

I think he would suffer the same fate that the previous winners did on All Stars.

The mid-game tribal reshuffles add another element to existing alliances. Even as Ulong was being decimated, this could have changed some outcomes.
    And future players should learn to build big fires quickly... two people went out this time because they were too slow. I still like the purple rock draw and can't figure out why Jeff said they would not use it to resolve the tie at 4. It was first introduced at 4 and put Paschal out of Marquesas. I think that this was the first time, however, that it was actually used as a strategy, as T/I were willing to chance it to break the G/J/K alliance apart.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay
    I still like the purple rock draw and can't figure out why Jeff said they would not use it to resolve the tie at 4. It was first introduced at 4 and put Paschal out of Marquesas.
    From the way I understand it, Tom had the immunity necklace, Ian and Jenn were the tie votes so that only left Katie to draw stones. How it worked on Marquesas I have no idea...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesboi
    And don't forget Osten, Ashlee, Jeff, and Janu.

And future players should learn to build big fires quickly... two people went out this time because they were too slow. I still like the purple rock draw and can't figure out why Jeff said they would not use it to resolve the tie at 4. It was first introduced at 4 and put Paschal out of Marquesas. I think that this was the first time, however, that it was actually used as a strategy, as T/I were willing to chance it to break the G/J/K alliance apart.
    From the way I understand it, Tom had the immunity necklace, Ian and Jenn were the tie votes so that only left Katie to draw stones. How it worked on Marquesas I have no idea...
    Because it can't work at the final 4...at least not the way it was supposed to work, but they didn't figure that out until it was too late. Jeff explained this in an EW interview when he was ranking the seasons. He said that the person who had immunity and the 2 people who were deadlocked in a vote wouldn't have to pull out the purple rock. So an example would be this year's final 6 of Gregg, Tom, Ian, Caryn, Jenn, and Katie. Let's say it was a tie between Gregg and Jenn, and the tribe couldn't make up their minds so it was deadlocked. How the rule was intended was that Gregg, Jenn, and the immunity winner wouldn't pull from the bag of doom, but that Caryn, Ian, and Katie would have. Jeff said he realized after he announced it at Marquesas that there was no way for it to work at a final 4 (and I hope they never bring back the purple rock, because I hated it).

I like my ex-wife's idea: Whoever wins individual immunity cannot vote at Tribal Council. Contestants would then have to decide if individual immunity is more valuable than protecting their alliances. It would also become harder for a small group to control the game.

The Survivor Gemini idea is interesting!
    So would the person who won the IC be able to give it up and still be safe, and still not be able to vote? Or would giving it up forfeit the all of that? I think the Survivor Gemini idea is interesting, but after the family edition of The Amazing Race, I may scream at the thought of this show going in that direction (not that same as having a family of four, but close enough).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    And don't forget Osten, Ashlee, Jeff, and Janu.
    Just in case someone didn't know what I meant, I mean don't pick people like this, but pick those who want to play the game (or at least will try and not throw in the towel so quickly).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast