+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 397980818283848586878889

Thread: 5/15 Finale Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten
    This might be a dumb question.... but why did everyone think Katie was fat? I never thought so.
    Nah, she's not fat just a little flabby around the mid section.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    Though you could say that since Rob got Amber and her $1 million, he did win.
    Forget the million, just give me Amber. Okay if I had to take the mil. I guess that would be alright too.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I can't believe this is the first chance I've had to impart my sage wisdom regarding the final ep.

Is Jeff letting his hair grow so that he doesn't look old enough to be his girlfriend's dad? (He is.)

Tom- He was my fav from Day 1, but I considered him to be a Long Shot. Survivor is sadly not ordinarily a game that can be won by honest, stand-up people. Additionally being strong and nice has become the kiss of death. Ironically he won by being himself. Gregg never in a million years would have guessed that Tom would break the "F5" alliance. The only reason that he did was because Caryn foolishly kept her word to him; Ian confirmed Caryn's claim that Katie had turned to the dark side and Ian chose Tom's respect over the possibility for 1 million dollars.

Can someone explain to me how it came to be that Ian promised to "have Katie's back"?

It seemed like a weird promise that surfaced near the end but I can't remember if I ever saw how that came to happen.

And ohhh, I'm so glad Tom won but was disappointed too that Probst didn't spend 3 minutes getting those votes to NYC via helicopter, nuclear submarine, hang gliders and trampoline.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    And ohhh, I'm so glad Tom won but was disappointed too that Probst didn't spend 3 minutes getting those votes to NYC via helicopter, nuclear submarine, hang gliders and trampoline.
    . Even if there was just a trampoline, I think I would have been happy.

Lets hope Jeff does something spiffy next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty
    Forget the million, just give me Amber. Okay if I had to take the mil. I guess that would be alright too.
    I'd take the cash over Amber any day. You can find a lot of Ambers with $1million and a little bit of fame. Actually, they'll find you.

I think Coby (aka pantie boy) said Tom fought dirty, because he injected too much honesty and fair play into the show -- no one ever saw THAT coming.

Ian- Of course the biggest mystery of the season (next to the reason for Ulong dying a quick, painful death) is "Why would Ian want to be associated with someone like Katie?" Survivor reduces people to their true selves. I understand Ian's reason for stepping down, but would have preferred a Tom/Ian finish. Maybe now his college will offer a class in lying, prevaricating and misleading called (Lack of) Ethics. Ian should have realized that, if he helped vote out Tom, he would have to win the remaining IC or be gone himself.

Katie- I don't see how she could have won against anyone. Even Coby's one vote was against Tom; not for her.

Has anyone heard whether Willard has started legal action against Survivor for using his likeness for the Immunity Idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I've read I think through everything on every topic now, and still not seen Ian explain why he took Tom on the reward, which was the beginning of Ian's collapse, so here's my guess---he was telling the truth about the "unless it was a car prize" agreement. Remember on the recent AllStars when Rob got a car so did the person (Amber) whom he took with him. They may have thought this might happen again. Ian probably knew that Tom's car was a beat up unreliable one (as he said on one of the talk shows), and Tom probably knew that Ian had NO car, so it makes sense they might have promised each other early on to take each other for car prizes. Unfortunately for Ian I guess when Tom was telling Ian not to take Tom if Ian won the reward he forgot to say, "And this includes car prizes! Keeping the women from plotting is more important than my old beater!"

Just a couple of FYIs....

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest
    omg the Maya! They disappeared totally. There were millions of them and they had a very modern way of living like we run the community today. It's spooky they just disappeared just like that.
    I was on a tour bus not too long ago to a Mayan ruin with a tour guide who was Mayan, we stopped at a Mayan village for souvenirs, etc. They are still around...she was very resentful of the image of them as bloodthirsty cannibals...said the Westerners got it wrong. No one argued with her!

And for the non-sailors but otherwise good spellers at FORT.... the word is buoy, not booie, boey, or any of the other 33 variants out there! A lot of landlubbers here at FORT!

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    Has anyone heard whether Willard has started legal action against Survivor for using his likeness for the Immunity Idol?
    I heard that he was persuaded not to pursue a lawsuit in return for being paid a hefty sum to portray the voice of Binky on the DVD.

No I didn't. I totally made that up.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread