+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Standing In the Shadows: Episode Thirteen

Standing In the Shadows: Episode Thirteen

Here is the latest edition of ďStanding in the ShadowsĒ for Palau. Each season our excellent staff has stood in the shadows of the Survivors just so you can find out what is really going on behind the scenes.

Tom

I do have strong arms. I donít see whatís wrong with that. My physical strength is whatís kept me alive as a firefighter and alive in the game. Weíre getting down to the end, and itís time for people to show their loyalties. I thought Caryn was with me and Ian and I thought Katie was with us too so that we could pick who to take to the final three. Carynís blabbering at tribal council shocked me. I thought the woman was an attorney who is sworn to maintain confidentiality. Iím also getting a little nervous about my boy, Ian. Heís young and heís letting a woman twist him around her finger. Before the reward challenge, the two of us talked about the fact that it would be a mistake for one of us to take the other on a reward. When Ian chose me, I tried to act excited and gave a half-hearted version of my patented two fist pump, but I was really praying that the ride in Ianís Corvette wasnít going to cost me a million dollars. For Christís sake, the beer wasnít even Guinness. Then, when we got back, Ian kind of slipped and started to tell Caryn that the final three was her, Katie, and Ian. Believe me, I noticed. At the immunity challenge, I wasnít taking any chances. I may have permanently bruised myself more than once but anything other than winning wasnít acceptable. At this point, I figure that I need to win all of the remaining challenges if I want to bring home the bacon.

Katie

Dear Diary: Well, this was sure a crummy day. I couldnít believe it when Ian won the car and overnight stay, and he opted to take Tom instead of me. We had promised each other. He hurt me really, really bad *draws a sad face and a broken heart with pretty pink pen* This is just like the time my boyfriend said heíd take me to the senior prom, then at the last minute he took the captain of the football team. I was crushed. *heavy sigh* Ian said heíd never lie to me, but he did...he didnít even think about me. How is it that everyone doesnít think about me all the time? I do, because afterall, itís all about meeeeeeeeee. Ianís the only friend I have here on Palau, because Tom is mean to me, Jenn is prettier than me, and Caryn? Carynís a wacko. Now I donít know what to do. Iím noticing the longer Iím out in the sun, the lighter my hair is getting. Suddenly, the blonder I get, the more I realize I donít know what Iím doing. Iíve just got to keep eating everything in sight, in order to keep my protein level high, to counteract these blonde moments. ĎCuz, I want to win. Go Katie! Go Katie!

Ian

My, what a full day! I know they say that getting your first car can set off a craziness in your mind, especially when your first car is a Corvette, I suppose. It was quite a jump up from my bicycle! I just wasn't thinking clearly . . . it was all an accident. First, I chose Tom to go on the reward with me, which made my elephantine Katie furious. I smacked myself in the head, I fell down on the sand, I cried, I generally looked like a blubbering idiot, and the sudden loss of dignity made everyone watching at home feel embarrassed for me. But none of that mattered! I had hurt my best friend! My bestest friend on the island! What, Tom? No! He's not my bestest friend; Katie told me so! She also told me that her cutting me off at the reward challenge last time didn't matter, and her conspiring to jump from our alliance didn't matter, either, because I had hurt her feelings. You know what? She's so right. How could I do such a horrible thing!? I had no choice but to completely flip out for the rest of the episode; that danged weepy piano music always gets to me. Now I can't think, I can't sleep, I can't lie convincingly. I've dissolved. I've got to do something to quell this madness . . . find a new target before it's too late. If I win immunity next time, I'd better give it to Katie to prove my remorse. After all the macrame hair ties she made, all the puppet shows, how could I? *flowing tears, lip trembling* Gah, I look like a sprinkler!

Jennifer

I miss you, Gregg! *Sobs* Nobody wants to chase the rats and spiders away for me anymore. Ian hasnít washed himself since youíve been gone! These are not proper living conditions! Seeing you at Tribal Council felt good, though. We had good eye connection. Powerful. Lurve can move mountains, baby. Thanks for lending me that cardboard cut-out of you, I can hide behind it and observe the humans in their natural habitat. Now, I can complete my game domination planís final phase. Final four it is. I can just sit back and watch them destroy each other. Ian and Katie didnít want to vote out Tom and acted like it was against some super-duper secret rules. Whatís Tom going to do, give them a time-out and make angry eyes? No, because thatís my strategy, and heís certainly not allowed to use it. To quote my friend Barney, I love money and money loves me, let's give all our final two votes to Jenny!

Caryn

I take it back. I take it all back. All those times I got lost in Tomís dreamy eyes; all those times I accidentally shimmied my sweaty, salty body in front of him as he was laying in the hammock. Done! Never again. I canít believe I actually rubbed his thighs under the disguise of brushing away sand fleas. Or how my top would fall down and blaming it on flimsy elastic.*oops* I was under the radar too long and it was time for this roaring tiger to come out clawing. How was I to know that everyone was lying to me? I mean, sure I was longing to be a member of Tomís alliance, but I had to think about me. Self-preservation, baby. Those stupid hussies had me convinced it was all about girl power. Iíll be thinking about that when it comes time for me to cast my vote. Yes, even you arenít safe from my wrath, Tom. I canít wait to give you a piece of my body mind. You think I went off at tribal council? You ainít seen nothing yet. Hmpf!

We would like to thank the following writers for contributing to this article: Bill, Cali, Eny, Feifer, Ilikai, John, LG., Lucy, Mantenna, Mariner, Miss Filangi, oneTVslave, Phat32, Roseskid, Shazzer, Silverstar, Spegs, Speedbump, Texicana, and Wolf.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 05-15-2005 at 02:41 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Ok... I'm missing my favoritest shadow ever... I realize Jen is slightly UTR, but cant' she still have a shadow???

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    Ok... I'm missing my favoritest shadow ever... I realize Jen is slightly UTR, but cant' she still have a shadow???
    Oh crap. Ummm, yes she can. Come back in a minute and she will.

+ Reply to Thread