+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **SPOILERS** Finale Boot Picks - PROCEED WITH CAUTION

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance
    I would hope the jury has the good sense not to vote for Katie. She has, afterall, had an alliance with all of them at one point in time and gone against it, so hopefully that will persuade the jury to go for the guy!
    I agree, and I hope that they best player win, which would be Tom. For once, I would like to see a *deserving* winner! He dominated this game from the get go and should be rewarded for it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Interesting. If this is true and Katie wins, I'll eat my shoes. In fact, I'll consider eating my shoes if she gets more than one sympathy vote.
    Will you post pictures so we can all see? I may not eat my shoes, but I may never turn my TV on again if she walks away with the million (Katie winning wouldn't be drastic enough for me to eat my shoes ). I do think Katie will get a vote, and probably more than one (I'm guessing from Janu and Coby). Whether it's sympathy or a revenge vote I don't know. As Sunnyone said, it'd be nice to see a deserving player win for a change. I've been happy with some of the Survivor winners but I think the only two who've I've ever felt really deserved it were Rich and Brian.

That surprises me about Ian. I remember Probst said at the reunion show for (I think it was for PI, anyway) that quitters need not apply. I wonder what he'll say this time, when Janu quit and Ashlee and Jeff more or less quit, and now Ian. But I do remember last season there seemed to be dispute over everything but who won when it got down to the finale.

(BTW, thanks for posting this fluff and for helping keep us spoiled all season I can't believe the season's going to be over tonight)
    Last edited by karalott; 05-15-2005 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    Why would Ian give up the chance to be in F2 then? If he is third- what does he make? Winning $100,000 isn't a million, but it's still a lot of money...
    My guess would be because he's a moron.
    Katie did a pretty good guilt trip on him last week over the car reward.
    If she keeps working on him she might be able to make him feel bad enough to quit.
    I believe third place makes about $85,000.
    If he doesn't think he can beat Tom in a jury vote perhaps keeping Katie as a friend is worth $15,000 to him.
    It wouldn't be to me.

This is all just spoilage at this point though obviously, it might not be true.
    Last edited by fluff; 05-15-2005 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    This is the first (and prob. last) time I've chosen to read the spoilers and It is AMAZING how Mersadeez has gotten everything right, even knew Ian would win a Red Corvette. I got the impression that maybe Ian and Tom had an agreement that whoever won the final IC would take Katie because each would figure an easy win over her but maybe Ian just let his emotions get in the way and basically 'quits' by asking Tom to vote him off. Of course, Tom doesn't have to do what Ian says if indeed Tom does win the final IC. But I can see this pissing Probst off because it gives another player like Katie the chance to win it all. I still think (and pray) Tom will get the necessary votes.

I wonder who on the inside is feeding all the info to Mersadeez or if that person doesn't work on the show themselves?? I'm sure Mark Burnett is not happy about this. Still, I enjoyed the show more NOT knowing but overall, I think this has been a great season..

ETA: I'm pretty sure 3rd place gets $85,000.
    I think the spoiling for this show has gotten steadily more ridiculous over the years.
    In the early seasons spoilers seemed much more genuine.
    By that I mean it'd be something like, "I think whomever gets booted this week because I saw them at the airport boarding a flight to New York", meaning they were going to the Early Show and the start of their post-boot press appearances.
    Over the past few seasons it's seemed like there was a clear leak, with some spoiler sites and individuals clearly in possession of vital information that simply had to have been told to them by one source or another.
    The days of micro analysing vidcaps for possible clues seem well and truly over.

I agree, and I hope that they best player win, which would be Tom. For once, I would like to see a *deserving* winner! He dominated this game from the get go and should be rewarded for it.

I think the reason why Ian would "quit"would be because the money just doesn't matter to him as much as friendships. Call it gullible or whatever, but it just appears that Ian puts more value on people (to his own demise). And may I add that Tom deserves this more than anyone in the history of Survivor, I think he is even better/nicer(/better looking ) than Colby. Tom has almost single handedly carried his tribe to continuous wins, won many enough immunities for himself, and even played the game. And hopefully this will be the first "clean sweep" of votes (for Tom).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Sort of a spoiler I guess for tonites show. The Dallas Morning News(paper) has a long article about Coby where he talks about a baby girl he is adopting from a cousin that he will/has named Janu. I have my password for the DMN website at work so I'm afraid I can't post the article 'cause I don't want to re-register, sorry.

ETA: ^^^^^ Tom: Better Game Player than Colby - Perhaps. Tom: Better Looking than Colby - NEVER!!! :nono

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I think the spoiling for this show has gotten steadily more ridiculous over the years.
    In the early seasons spoilers seemed much more genuine.
    By that I mean it'd be something like, "I think whomever gets booted this week because I saw them at the airport boarding a flight to New York", meaning they were going to the Early Show and the start of their post-boot press appearances.
    Over the past few seasons it's seemed like there was a clear leak, with some spoiler sites and individuals clearly in possession of vital information that simply had to have been told to them by one source or another.
    The days of micro analysing vidcaps for possible clues seem well and truly over.
    And don't forget people used to talk weight loss and how the person looked when they got home as to how long they may have lasted (I remember during Africa it came out before the show even started that Tom had lost all this weight so most people figured he at least made the jury). I've been meaning to ask where these people get their info from. As you said, it's not just stuff that could be speculation, but rather the whole episode from start to finish and all the outcomes. And the other thing, too, is spoiling the entire cast (or close to it) before it's announced. Is it all CBS insiders who are giving it away?

I went to forumsnet where they make their predictiuons based on member votes.
    The polls are still open there, but as I don't know if I'll get to go back again before the show, there are clear and seemingly unassailable leaders in each poll and they agree with the other predictions that are currently in, I'll include their results in this thread now.

Final 4 IC: Tom
    Boot: Jenn
    Final 3 IC: Tom
    Boot: Ian
    Runner up: Katie
    Winner: Tom.

So if this is true- does Ian and Katie both get $100,000? I don't get what Brusch is saying...
    Sorry, sometimes even I don't know what I'm saying when my mind is faster than my keyboarding. I meant that I always felt that if Ian and Tom were both in the final 3, the odds of one of them taking the other to the final 2 were pretty slim. Seeing the way things went last week though, I can see several reasons now why Tom might actually prefer to take Ian along if given the chance. There's so much we don't see that might give better clues as for whom each jury member would probably vote for.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Interesting. If this is true and Katie wins, I'll eat my shoes. In fact, I'll consider eating my shoes if she gets more than one sympathy vote.
    Mariner, just in case, here is a shoe cake.

Yes, I succumbed to reading the spoilers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast