+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: 5/05 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    I've read this a number of times and I think you're forgetting what she looked like at the beginning. Unfortunately I don't a copy of the show or I'd post a picture but she's lost a lot of weight. What I think is creating this impression is that Katie is wearing fewer and fewer cloths. She tried to stay pretty much covered up at the beginning.
    Then she must have worn about 10 layers in the begining I don't see much difference at all to her losing weight from what I recall of her in the begining. It was maybe 2 or 3 episodes ago where they had a really unflattering shot of her and I thought "holy crap, her butt is HUGE!". It's not like it was something you could miss with everyone running around in their undies.

Besides, it's more fun snarking on her and her big caboose

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    I've read this a number of times and I think you're forgetting what she looked like at the beginning. Unfortunately I don't a copy of the show or I'd post a picture but she's lost a lot of weight. What I think is creating this impression is that Katie is wearing fewer and fewer cloths. She tried to stay pretty much covered up at the beginning.
    I think what's happening is she's being compared to everyone else around her, who have lost more weight, relatively speaking, than she has. So next to her tribemates, she does look like she's put on some pounds.

Just occurred to me, and I don't remember anyone else mentioning it -- Gregg, Jen, & Katie didn't bring ANY food back for the rest of the tribe. Unlike when Tom, Ian, Caryn, & Janu won a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Just occurred to me, and I don't remember anyone else mentioning it -- Gregg, Jen, & Katie didn't bring ANY food back for the rest of the tribe. Unlike when Tom, Ian, Caryn, & Janu won a meal.
    I thought the same thing about the pigs. They didn't even make something up about their selfishness "we brought back some food for you but it fell overboard" "we packed up some food for you saps, but the dog on the boat ate it".

When criticizing Katie's weight (and please continue) we must consider that she does nothing around camp and has been involved in few challenges. She may have lost the most weight in her face from flappin her lips too much. By shedding the clothes she's indicating that she either thinks she's hot stuff or doesn't care whether we or her tribemates go blind.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    I thought the same thing but Ian, Tom or Caryn didn't mention it at all so I figured whatever happened (and was said) hit the editing room floor. It would have been the decent thing to do, especially since they had a visitor from home as an extra surprise. I wouldn't expect there to be ANY leftovers to bring back from a meal katie sat at the table for.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    If Ian can get Katie to flip-flop, the tie situation is avoided. I don't think telling her was a bad idea.
    I agree. I also think it's good he did it JUST BEFORE TC.... didn't give Katie a lot of time to react or re-scheme with Gregg and Jenn. Using her fear of the purple rock, Ian got her to jump ship (again), thereby avoiding the risk of a tie altogether.

Once again, a risky move, but in retrospect, I think it's clear it paid off.

I'm curious what causes the broohaha they previewed next week (between Ian and Katie)...
    Late to the Posting Party, but here all along.

In the preview on the cbs website, Katie clearly states that Ian lied to her yesterday. Now, I don't know if she this is the day after TC or not.

+ Reply to Thread