+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    To deserve or not to deserve ... that is the question.

It's very hard for me to see someone like Stephanie go home before the other 'do nothing' girls. On Survivor, however, that's exactly why she went home. Until they drop off a group of 12 people on an island with cell phones and cameras on every tree and only oust someone when they call to be picked up, the theme will never be 'the strongest shall survive'. The strong ones that do the work, show their competitive spirit and have a heart for the game are the ones that are voted off by the lazy ones sitting by the fire.

Wish Steph, Tom, and Ian were the F3. Since that's not gonna happen, I'm rooting for Tom and Ian. Even though Tom said he didn't want a F2 of himself and Ian, I DO!
    That's why I love this show, it gives everyone an equal chance of winning. The 98 lb. weakiling has as good a chance as the buff in shape guy powerlifter and the women are able to compete with the men. The computer geek, lazy princess and the lawyer are on equal footing. Unless they fill the cast with all A type personalities and all with the same strength, athletisism and IQ it's not fair before the game even starts. Plus it will severly shrink the applicant pool. If i wanted to watch a show were only the strongest survive out of a group of only strong/athletic people, there's the eco challenge or RX strong man ( which I find really boring). You gotta figure out how to hide your strengths and weaknesses very early on. Doing the work and being strong is only half the game, the mental part (strategies etc.) is the other half. Being full of BS and getting people to buy it really helps too ( Rob C.)

It's funny that Tom said that he didn't want to face Ian in the final two, especially since he's so big on people rewarding someone with good work ethic and strength. Of course, I guess that only applies when he's talking about himself.

I'm not a big fan of Gregg, but he was a hundred percent correct when he said that this isn't and never will be a game about who deserves to be there. He knew Stephenie would be a threat to him and she could be of no use to him, so she had to go.

One thing that really intrigues me about Survivor is that it's more about power and influencing others to go along with what you want. Tom can fish and work all day, but he's not the one calling the shots. If you don't have the power, you have nothing. It will be interesting now that Stephenie is gone to see if people pick up on that.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Tom and Ian will not be the F2. There is no way Tom would take Ian and no way Ian would take Tom.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I don't think he said it in front of Ian, PWS. If I remember correctly, he said it in a confessional.

I'm sure Tom thinks Ian is more likeable and will therefore win the jury vote... and I'm just as sure that he's right.
    Thanks, Broadway! I find this statement by Tom very amusing, plus all the folks just above who are agreeing now that they would never take each other....which I agree is very logical...but just the day or two before everyone (others?) was talking about how they are as much a permanent twosome as Gregg and his girlfriend, and could count on each other. Which overlooked the now obvious difference, that Gregg was sure he could beat her in the F2, and she didn't seem to care, while the same could not be said for Ian and Tom. True, a few FORTers did suggest that Steph should have tried to pull Ian in on her alliance when Karen bailed (tho most suggested Gregg), but most people saw them as inseparable until now.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Thanks, Broadway! I find this statement by Tom very amusing, plus all the folks just above who are agreeing now that they would never take each other....which I agree is very logical...but just the day or two before everyone (others?) was talking about how they are as much a permanent twosome as Gregg and his girlfriend, and could count on each other. Which overlooked the now obvious difference, that Gregg was sure he could beat her in the F2, and she didn't seem to care, while the same could not be said for Ian and Tom. True, a few FORTers did suggest that Steph should have tried to pull Ian in on her alliance when Karen bailed (tho most suggested Gregg), but most people saw them as inseparable until now.
    I still believe Tom and Ian are inseparable until the final 3. What I meant was there is no way either of them would take the other to the final 2 if they won immunity.

FORT Upperclassman
    I find that the reward auctions are not interesting, exciting, or adding any level of strategy to the show. But, wouldn't be fun to see the contestants' reactions if Jeff, after selling the letters from home, brought out the Immunity Necklace?

I just want to see Gregg gone. I can't stand his arrogance. Would love to see Katie gone, too. I really hated it that Stepanie didn't get all the way to the end. It's a shame the game isn't about who deserves it because if it was, she most surely would have won. I would like for Tom or Ian to win. It would be really interesting if they did make it to the F2. I would even rather Gregg win than one of those woman slugs who have done absolutely nothing!
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    Unless it's the editing, Gregg and Jenn don't nearly have the control that Romber had over their alliances. Tom, Ian and Katie seem to have a much more solid alliance than Gregg/Jenn have with anybody. The difference with Romber was that Rob pretty much had a solid alliance with EVERYONE and everyone thought they had a solid alliance with Rob. This is not the case here with Gregg or Jenn.
    The thing with the Romber alliance, everyone else was content to be with them in the F3. That's everyone's strategy. Tom and Rupert were ready to change it but Rob played both of them by turning them against each other. So if everyone is content to be in the F3 with either Tom/Ian or Gregg/Jenn, then either Tom or Gregg will win the game, it's just a matter of which team has a more solid alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Moekle
    I find that the reward auctions are not interesting, exciting, or adding any level of strategy to the show. But, wouldn't be fun to see the contestants' reactions if Jeff, after selling the letters from home, brought out the Immunity Necklace?

Now THAT'D be a twist. Wondering if we'll see that in a later season (providing there is one). I love that idea!
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Moekle
    I don't understand- who would get the immunity necklace?

+ Reply to Thread