+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    (Just had to add - Coby totally looked prettier than Janu on the jury last night.)
    and I have to agree, he did look more human than plastic

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    (Just had to add - Coby totally looked prettier than Janu on the jury last night.)
    You're so bad, ADK.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I may not know all the new rules of male bonding but generally scrubbing each other's back when bathing tends to be an after you buy me dinner thing in most circles......

FORT Fogey
    Now, you know the men will never allow themselves to be at a disadvantage again numbers wise...after seeing their plans almost go up in smoke except for Caryn's stupidity/I mean unexpected loyalty.

The immunity challenge was intended for anyone to win, so Tom could not dominate, but the piece that was missing this time (that benefitted Neleh) was the choice aspect that showed the hierarchy of the alliance. In that year, she felt she and Pappy were thick in the alliance, but when the chopping of the ropes holding up the coconuts were left up to the contestants, they showed basically the vote off order and Neleh then decided she wanted to stick around longer. If Caryn had been shown this, she may have seen through Tom's fake olive branch and gone with the women. Gregg too may have decided to take action and determine his own fate.

I actually am not sure that Tom is the biggest threat.

I think Gregg and Ian could beat Tom on any given challenge. It is Tom's ego that has him assuming that JUST because of his success. If he was smart, he wouldn't have argued the way he did. He would have all along been slyly including Gregg and Ian as equally tough competitors in whatever conversation was going along. I strongly believe that Gregg is hiding his light under a bushel. Just as Tom said that was his plan.

Snoozin' on the beach
    This season is chock full of stupid people.

I'm so glad Steph is gone but when Tom lost immunity, that was the time to boot him instead (but she finally got what she deserved). I was really sick of her entitlement attitude. I had to laugh when they came back from TC and she says "I had an alliance with Tom and he was going to break it, its just not right". I bet James said the exact same thing on his way to loser lodge. Remember James? He was the guy YOU had an alliance with and YOU broke it and booted him. She also had an alliance with BJ and voted for him but he was fortunate that it was a tie and Angie went. Guess that standard applies to everyone else but her huh Steph? She had a GOLDEN opportunity; this TC was hers to lose. Why does it not occur to her to use the tidbit about Gregg and Jenn that Coby gave her? Instead she tries to pit the women against the men..stupid. Now she has all 3 guys worrying about their necks when she should have targeted just one person...Tom. Go to Gregg and Jenn and tell them you know what's going on through Coby. Convince them that Tom is the bigger threat and if you don't get rid of him now, you may never have the chance again. Heck, she should have gone to every tribe member but Tom and done that. If that didnít work, then go to Tom and tell him what Coby told you that Gregg and Jen were going to sell him out at the first chance. She put in such a lackluster effort to convince the women of anything. She should have been selling the idea of a Tom boot like mad. Point out to each person why Tom is the better one to go than her.

And Tom? I could not believe that speech came out of his mouth. You gotta be kidding me, right Tom? Didn't you just say itís not about deserve and it's different, this is survivor? Did he actually think anyone would say "well he's kicking my butt so I will continue to let him and then beat me out of the money". What a boob, and I like the guy! He definitely needs to grow a brain. How about Katie? Does this girl really think she has a snowballs chance of winning? F2 person and that's as best as she could do. Gregg thinks he's some master schemer but it's all in his head. He doesn't have (and never had) the support to back his game plan up. Why they are being compared to Romber is beyond me. Together Gregg and Jenn share a brain.

Caryn is just plain dumb as a stump. The one person to benefit from a non-Tom alliance and she runs back to him and shoots her mouth off. I suspect a heavy hand in the editing this episode because there are so many huge holes between what they have shown so far and what happened. Of all people, Caryn would be the last person I'd have expected to help Tom out.

I still expect the season to play out just as I thought, Ian, Tom and Katie in the end. Hopefully and Ian win over katie but it will probably be Tom. Coby and Janu throwing in the towel didn't really change anything

Quote Originally Posted by Stump
    I can't believe all of them didn't think about taking Steph to the final two. Koror is a strong team and I can't imagine 4 of them voting against a Koror in the final two. Maybe Janu and Coby would vote for an Ulong.
    I disagree with this. I think Steph would have beaten every person in F2 except Tom or Ian. The reason is that she could play a very strong trump card that she survived being the only Ulong in a tribe of 8 Koror and also survived every single TC except for the one Koror one. That is a VERY strong angle to play in my opinion.

I think they gave up way too easily on trying to get Tom out. It was as if once Caryn opted out of the female alliance, they couldn't possibly think of another scenario where they could have had 4. The most obvious choice to bring on board to the girls alliance was Gregg, who all but chartered the "Tom has to go" bus and seems to have abandoned it on the side of the road in favor of, umm, nothing. Steph, Katie, Jen and Gregg forming an alliance would have been a great move. Katie even tried to convince Ian - why not even consider Gregg? Even though he clearly had it out for Stephenie, he probably could have been persuaded to oust Tom in his own best interest unless a new sub-alliance has formed within the Katie, Ian, Gregg, Tom and Jen alliance that we don't know about.

Obviously, the onus for bringing Gregg on board should fall on Jen, given she knows his designs on getting rid of Tom and would be in pretty good shape with the best final 2 alliance in the final 4, but she has proven herself such a non-factor that one of the other girls - Katie, in particular - should have brought it up. Of course, that lack of any game playing ability might mean Jen is qualified for the million dollar check, as it has before.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Is it my imagination or is Katie actually fatter on day 30 than she was on day 1? She looked huge during the IC.

She'll be the only Survivor to ever gain weight

Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    I disagree with this. I think Steph would have beaten every person in F2 except Tom or Ian. The reason is that she could play a very strong trump card that she survived being the only Ulong in a tribe of 8 Koror and also survived every single TC except for the one Koror one. That is a VERY strong angle to play in my opinion.
    Yeah, and she would have had a good shot at beating Tom or Ian. When it comes to the final two in this show, historically people have generally thrown alliances and tribal affiliations out the window and voted according to who "deserved" it more or played the best game. There have been many instances where someone has voted for a person they didn't even like because he/she thought that person played the best game.

There's never been a situation like what we're discussing, which would be a jury comprised entirely of one tribe, but even then I think Steph would have had a great shot at winning. So I agree that taking Steph to the final two would be very risky. I'd much rather be sitting next to Katie or Caryn. Though in any other situation, I'd rather be next to Steph.

+ Reply to Thread