+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Quitter Halts Show

FORT Fanatic
    Man is she trying to justify herself. She wanted to quit and seemed to be looking for an honourable way to do it. It's just not that honourable.

I can't imagine the bitter-fest that Coby and Janu must have had on Loser Island.

Janu gets to vote for the winner...someone that couldn't, wouldn't hack it. She better vote for the best Survivor, not the least offensive. Anyone else can vote as they like but she should give respect to the toughest competitor. The person most unllike herself.

Well you all know if she quits the game and is still on the jury she still gets some face time. Even if it is a little bit. After all she is a Las Vegas Show Girl. She might have wanted exposure to get some headlines or make her famous.

Quote Originally Posted by Downsey
    I can't imagine the bitter-fest that Coby and Janu must have had on Loser Island.
    Can you imagine the venom those two will spew at the final two survivors?
    It's going to be fun.

I don't think she wanted face time. Maybe she wanted to have the accomplishment of making the jury.

But, more than anything, I think that she wanted revenge. She quit because that threw the plan of the others in the air. It was the only way she had any effect in the game on those teammates that she dislikes. She then still has the jury power to say something and to vote against someone. Her vote will definitely not be for somebody, but only against somebody else.

What can I say? I see her as a petty person, unable and unwilling to let go of her misplaced and irrational anger.

I just don't see what she cause she has to seek revenge for. She did nothing all game and is only still around because her tribe dominated.

Under normal circumstances, she would have been one of those people sitting in the top row at the reunion show that Jeff ignores.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange
    Well you all know if she quits the game and is still on the jury she still gets some face time. Even if it is a little bit. After all she is a Las Vegas Show Girl. She might have wanted exposure to get some headlines or make her famous.
    Besides the face time and revenge factors, she may have also wanted to be on the jury because then she will be paid for the duration of the show. It's all about the $$!

Thanks for the info AIWANNABE

In a way I can see how her "power play" was to quit the game when she did. She knew she was a pawn of the rest of the alliance and with Coby gone her chances of making it much further were pretty much gone. She threw a wrench in their plans, although it will be pretty much for naught if Steph goes this week.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

FORT Fanatic
    It's not over until it's over. Everyday is a new day. Didn't we learn that last year? The guy should have been sent to sea each and every week after the merge but he used every opportunity to gain a bit more time and the end walked home with the money. He could have said that he was on the outside looking in. He could have whined that he wasn't given a chance. That he didn't like the other contestants. He waited until someone had a bad day pissed off other people...then hoped it was enough to keep him around a little longer.

If Janu was a stronger minded person or wanted to play the game at all...she would have lasted another week. Then who knows? Maybe Katie annoys someone, or Karyn or Tom......

Pawn-schmon. She quit. She didn't make a power-play...revisionists history...she gave up.

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    In Janu's defense (according to her chat thing on the Survivor website), she got sick within the first week of the game, and while she had $1,000,000 on her mind when the game started, the more and more she got sick, the more and more she was thinking that it just wasn't worth it, so she quit.

Thanks for sharing, Janu was always one of my favorites, but I'v been cheering for Steph since the begining.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast