+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff cashes in his markers tonight

I am sure the producers and Jeff knew Janu wanted to go home from the one on one interviews. I didnít mind it at all, especially since I wanted Stephanie to stay. I was actually cheering when Janu quit.

Jeff has been manipulating the game more this year than in other years. Him outing James for spending much of his time during the rope tying challenge trying to tie his own skirt. Which the others had no way of knowing without Jeffís input is one example that comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Please Remember that it was IAN who brought up the issue that if Janu wanted to be voted out why doesnít she do the dirty work herself. Jeff merely seemed to pick up on that. Granted he ran with it, but he could not force her to do it. Those people donít have to answer Jeffís probsting questions or they could lie to Jeff.
    I think waay too much is being made of this. As Karen says, Jeff just went with the flow rather than steering TC towards having Janu quit. And all Janu had to say was "I'm not a quitter. If they want me out they have to vote me out." She didn't say that. She wanted to leave. That's been obvious for quite some time. I think seeing her pal Coby all cleaned up and rested was too much for her. She wanted to hang out with him and get away from the others.

This doesn't taint Steph in any way. There's still a lot of the game left to be played. If she wins, she will have earned it.

I do think, though, that Probst (personally and as a representative of the producers) is getting tired of people giving up/quitting. Coby essentially quit last week. He made sure he would get voted off. Part of the reason Survivor has dropped in ratings is because it's turned into "The Weakest Link" (remember that stupid game show?) where instead of voting out the weakest link, the weak players voted out the strongest links, leaving the weak ones to contend for the title. That is good strategy for playing the game, but is lacking in entertainment value. If you have a tribe of Stephanies and Toms, it is much more compelling TV than a tribe of Janus. And I don't just mean physical prowess, I mean the attitudes of the players. Of course, that means Burnett & Co. need to do a better job of casting as well.

Here's a thought. Maybe they should vote first....then Jeff ask them the questions.

If this had have been done last night...Steph would be gone & Janu would still be in the game

Has anybody mentioned the fact that Janu is sick??? She's been sick since Day 6 or so...which will explain her lying in the hammock all the time...for someone who's sick she did her best in some of the Immunity challenges she took part in.

Janu quit because she had a good reason to quit. Try being sick in the game of survivor and living with someone like Katie or even the feeling that your tribe is rejecting you. I'm sure some people will say its mind over matter...but not everybody has the same tolerance for pain or whatever. She was pretty much good as gone so why not save her tribemates the energy of walking to the booth and writing her name down?

And why did Jeff P had to lay her torch on the ground? When Jeff got voted off he didnt do that to his torch. Jeff asked his tribemates to vote him off...doesnt that sound like quitting? When Sue and Jenna quit he didnt do the same thing. No matter the reason quitting is quitting...there is no inbetween.

Everybody doesnt have the same "Breaking Point" and not everybody can be like Stephenie and be super competitive. And i dont get why people keep saying that shes just a waste of space...if she got pick for the game in the first place then she deserves to be there. What are you gonna do about it? Write to CBS and ask them to ask the contestant during the interview process if they are gonna quit towards the middle of the game?
    Kick some ass...get some later...

I wondered a bit if The Powers That Be wanted Janu off for health reasons. She looked like she was pretty beaten up by the whole experience. Her weight was nothing. Her endurance was zero. When she was shown out on the exile beach, she was suddenly wearing a pair of pants. Were those hers? The fire she "built" was out of a pile of heavy saw-cut logs. I think they may have been worried about her. Maybe it was important, not just for humanitarian reasons, but liability-wise, for Jeff to remind her that no one was forcing her to stay. She wasn't bad enough off to be pulled from the show yet, but I can see that being a sticky situation for the producers. How bad off do you let them get before you step in? When Jeff determined that she wanted to leave, and they were not going to vote her out, I wonder if he reminded her of her options for that reason. No matter how many releases the contestant signs, a case of hypothermia or actual serious illness is not going to be good press.

Perhaps Jeff pushed it a bit but the Tribal Councils are much longer than we get to see. I would think that there are many similar questions that have been given that haven't been shown because they were irrelevant to what happened later on the show.

Jeff has certainly become a larger part of the show as the seasons have progressed. One thing the players need to remember is that this is a game that is being played the entire time they are out there where nothing is certain. They need to learn to deal with whatever is thrown at them, and if it means telling the truth at TC, or lying, or even saying nothing then they need to do it. In the end Janu made the decision herself and if she had thought about it enough it is probably the one she would have made anyway.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I don't mind Jeff asking players probing questions. In fact, I like it.

However, his last one to Janu went way to far. It was not a question really, and it also was a false statement (quitting and voted out being the same thing).
    I thought it was a question first. Not a statement. "What is the difference between asking your tribemates to vote you out and laying your torch down?" Is a question. and A fair question for Jeff to ask. Especially if another tribe member asks the very same question first.

Whether Janu believes that being voted of and quiting is the same thing or not, is up for Janu to decide. Janu told Jeff that getting voted of and quitting were the same thing. This came from Janu's lips, not Jeffs. Janu could have answered that question any way she wanted but she chose to say they are the same thing.

And you cannot assume that Janu believed 100% that getting voted off and quitting was the same thing. MAYBE she figured out during this discussion that it wasn't the same thing. And at the risk of Stephanie getting voted off instead of her, took herself out of the game instead of leaving it up to her tribe to keep her there against her will another 3 days. Seriously how much can she trust her tribe this far in the game to do what she wants them to do?

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    Perhaps Jeff pushed it a bit but the Tribal Councils are much longer than we get to see. I would think that there are many similar questions that have been given that haven't been shown because they were irrelevant to what happened later on the show.
    And I know Jeff has asked other people at TC, on prior seasons, if they wanted to quit and they've said 'no.' I can't think of a specific example, but am sure it has happened - and like brusch says, it may happen a lot and we just don't see it because the people didn't quit.

I'm glad he did manipulate the situation. I would love to see Stephanie be sole survivor.

FORT Regular

TC order

I watch the behind the scenes videos every week and it seems to me that what we are shown on the episode is not quite the order that plays out at the actual Tribal Council.

I noticed a few weeks ago that the video of TC went like this: (1) The tribe members come in (2) Jeff welcomes them to TC (3) He tells them it's time to vote (4) the members vote (5) Jeff asks them probing questions, etc (6) He tells them he will count the vote (7) the vote is read.

What do you guys think?

+ Reply to Thread