+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff cashes in his markers tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG
    I have to respectfully disagree with the above. I do not feel as if Jeff was attacking Janu. If anything, he was taking up for her when he thought the others were laughing at her when she was first out. IMO, Jeff showed concern for her.

I agree. As I've stated elsewhere, I believe he was actually shaming the others and gave Janu something to think about in terms of her tribemates and their attitudes towards her.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

[QUOTE=Burntcrow]I have to say that Jeff should not have done that. QUOTE]

Jeff definately went to far last night. He changed the outcome of the game. It's as if he would've given Steph a snorkel at the immunity challenge.

Would you all who feel Jeff did the right thing have felt the same way if the person "saved" had been say Karen or Katie instead of Steph?
    K

Keep in mind that we don't see everything that happens, only what they pick to show. Therefore:

- Jeff could have asked the kind of questions he asked Janu at other TCs but they weren't shown
    - Janu could have asked to be voted off at camp, thus packed her things, and this wasn't shown
    - It was obvious to us that Steph was to go, but we don't know what was discussed at camp or on the way to TC. We've been surprised plenty of times before when we thought the vote was obvious

I for one am glad it turned out as it did -- Steph is the best competitor and now I want to see her become a strategist. She didn't have the chance much with Ulong.

Quote Originally Posted by KMK0902
    Would you all who feel Jeff did the right thing have felt the same way if the person "saved" had been say Karen or Katie instead of Steph?
    K
    Actually, I would have felt the same way. It ticks me off that someone there wants out when there are so many other applicants that would give anything to be in the game.

If they don't want to be there. I don't want them on my tv screen. Give me folks who want to play the game, anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange
    Actually, I would have felt the same way. It ticks me off that someone there wants out when there are so many other applicants that would give anything to be in the game.

If they don't want to be there. I don't want them on my tv screen. Give me folks who want to play the game, anytime.

I didn't think Jeff was out of line. He can ask and say whatever he wants, but the decisions are in the players' hands.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I think that we saw more tribal council discussion than we are used to seeing. Reports from the past have said those councils go on for hours, so we really don't know if he was asking questions out of the ordinary. In fact, I doubt he was.

I thought it was all fair game initially, especially when Ian had started the ball rolling with his good response. However, through the questions it became obvious Steph was going, and Jeff took one extra step, the wrong step imho, when he asked the final question about why not just quit, instead of being voted off. He strongly implied they were the same thing to Janu.

They are not the same thing to the game though, and Probst went way too far there. I thought it was over the line, and unfair to the rest of the players.

Gregg was dead on correct for his reasons to boot Steph by the way.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    All this talk of "Jeff went too far!" is silly.

No one forced anyone to do anything, Jeff always prods at weak points just to get reactions, and everything that happened was based on how the individuals reacted. Each one of them made their own choices, including Janu. This is about mind games, and throughout the show the producers throw out stuff to trip the contestants up and see how they react. This was no different and certainly consistent with what has gone on before.

Plus it was delicious Karma. Koror screwed up Ulong's TC by granting immunity to Ib, now Jeff got the chance to screw with Koror's plans by nurturing the idea that Janu could leave if she wanted (an idea injected by Ian, not Jeff.) It was Janu who decided whether to take the bait or not. And it was the only way she could exert some influence on the GAME. Just as in life, someone can be weak, but they can still do damage and throw off plans if they really want to.

All's fair in love and Survivor.
    Last edited by doctorpep; 04-22-2005 at 12:58 PM.

The idea is that Jeff is not supposed to be screwing with anything.

The players are playing the game, not Jeff.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I think Jeff adds more drama and rethinking of strategies when he "calls people out" during challenges and specifically during TC. I thought it was awesome when he called James out the night he was eliminated since he was the one who essentially lost the RC for them that day.

I thought he was helping Janu to articulate what it was she wanted to do. She wasn't really there anyway. Janu left a long time ago for reasons we may never understand. I have to give her props though she did her best at the team challenge. For somebody who didn't want to be there and didn't believe in her tribe anymore she beat the crud out of Katie and Jenn and even Caryn during the RC last night.

I'm glad this turned out the way it did. I hate when you can pretty much call the elimination order week after week. I get bored watching people who are allegedly playing a game give up a challenge before it has a chance to start.

This season is definitely one of "survival of the fittest" I'd like to see the F4 come down to the same thing (Tom, Ian, Steph and Greg). That would make it a little more interesting!

+ Reply to Thread