+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff cashes in his markers tonight

I don't think he stepped over the bounds. He always stirs things up at TC and who knows how many times that has changed someone's vote right then. Janu needed to go but she was too brainless to see that she wanted to go without someone having to point it out to her. Why else did she bring everything with her when it was common knowledge (except to Steph) that everyone was going to vote Steph out.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I am glad Stephanie got to stay. I want her to go far in the game. I am not so sure she will. I hope she does. She has so much heart going into this game I would have rather seen Janu go instead of Steph that night. No matter HOW Janu left instead of Steph.

I was so upset that someone else wanted to QUIT the game. But I guess with all of the problems Janu went through, she may have thought it was justified.

Please Remember that it was IAN who brought up the issue that if Janu wanted to be voted out why doesnít she do the dirty work herself. Jeff merely seemed to pick up on that. Granted he ran with it, but he could not force her to do it. Those people donít have to answer Jeffís probsting questions or they could lie to Jeff.

Anyway, none of this will matter UNLESS Stephanie gets to final two. I guess we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesboi
    JP is partly to blame for Janu's "quitting", plain & simple.
    Also, Iím curious why you put quitting in quotes Bluesboi? She is a quitter, plain and simple. She would have gone in three days anyway if it wasnít done during that TC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    And hey, if Jeff hates quitters so much, as he has said in the past, why suggest something like that to a player?
    Because Probst wanted Janu out of the game and Stephenie in. Janu had already given up on the game. Stephenie is a competitor. She'll give her all in every challenge, and work the players when it comes to the voting. Janu might give 80% in a challenge and the rest of the time she'll lay in the hammock.

Also, I think Probst wanted to send a message to future players. If you're going to come to the game and sit around, be a pawn, and not care what happens one way or another, you need not apply. That message was reinforced at last years finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    And hey, if Jeff hates quitters so much, as he has said in the past, why suggest something like that to a player? Just so that he could lay Janu's torch down as a punishment because Janu didn't appear to like (or care for) the holy game of Survivor anymore?
    IMO, Janu was already a quitter and I think Jeff knew that. She never seemed to have any desire to be on the island. I think Jeff was right in bringing that fact to the table. If I were in Jeff's position, I would be more frustrated with a quitter who was staying on the island over a player who has played the hardest of anyone else on the island, than with a quitter who did the right thing and stepped down so that someone more deserving could stay. Maybe Jeff was just trying to keep some ounce of respect for Janu by seeing if she would do the right thing and quit.

FORT Fogey
    Janu said on the Early Show that her night away from camp had given her some new insight, and that she'd made the decision to leave then. She had begged to be voted out the week before, and was shocked by Coby's demise. She didn't want the same thing to happen again. Ian did open the door, so there may have been some talk in camp about it that we didn't see, and I can understand Janu wanting to make her own decision rather than being used as a pawn. This way she is contributing to the game in more ways than she ever did as a tribe member. I can't wait to see what happens with she and Coby as the longest members of the Jury.

Crystal Allen

I hated Jeff last night.

I don't think it should be Jeff's place to interfere with the game. Tom was right when he said it is not about 'deserving.' It's about strategy and some luck. Remember Jenna Morasca wanted to quit but she wasn't voted out b/c the rest of the tribe decided it was better to keep her. Gregg pretty much said it was more important to get rid of a strong player like Stephanie and keep Janu around. She could have been a key swing vote, was pretty much no immunity threat, wasn't bothering to play the strategy game so there was no worry about whether she'd upset existing alliances or plans.

This is like Rupert getting the million just b/c he 'deserved it.' Sorry,but if this is largely a metaphor for life, then deserving rarely plays a part in things. Where is it written that Stephanie 'deserves' to win Survivor? Gee, if deserving matters so much, why didn't somebody let Wanda play rather than the useless Kim or Jeff or Ashlee? Wanda was apparently really excited to be there, but she didn't even get to play the game at all. Oh, Steph's tough? So was Alicia, so was Gretchen from S1.

I also really hated Jeff's personal attacks on Janu. When they were in the cage, that whole "Janu...are you panicking? You look cold." And then repeatedly pointing out that nobody liked her, that nobody cared when she got exiled to the island to be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    I
    I also really hated Jeff's personal attacks on Janu. When they were in the cage, that whole "Janu...are you panicking? You look cold." And then repeatedly pointing out that nobody liked her, that nobody cared when she got exiled to the island to be alone.
    I have to respectfully disagree with the above. I do not feel as if Jeff was attacking Janu. If anything, he was taking up for her when he thought the others were laughing at her when she was first out. IMO, Jeff showed concern for her.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    Remember Jenna Morasca wanted to quit but she wasn't voted out b/c the rest of the tribe decided it was better to keep her.
    Wasn't that Shawna, not Jenna?

Jeff certainly knew that Steph had the potential to be the most popular survivor since Rupert, and came dangerously close to damaging the franchise last night...on the other hand should it be a viable strategy to force someone who is ill and weak to stay in this environment? This is not the Truman show, and if Janu wanted out, but was being manipulated to stay in, Jeff had the responsibility to point this out to her.

+ Reply to Thread