+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233

Thread: 4/7/05 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I find this to be the most interesting & compelling season in a long time. The twists, & now Steph being left alone on her island has really livened up the game. They had to do something to change it up & I think they have acheived it this year.

Interesting- I find it the most boring. I think the idea was great - no merge- but no one predicted Ulong would lose every single challenge! I think that kind of ruined it for the first part of the season and probably left TPTB shaking their heads! Honestly- the last few episodes had me bored and frustrated. And I was tired of hearing Stephanie say how frustrated she was at losing! I am looking forward to individual challenges now and seeing Koror have to start strategizing and kicking off their cocky members. I just hope Stephanie can stay in the game. Unfortunately for her Koror doesn't need her strength and abilities so she may get picked off right away now that it will start being individual immunities. Lucky for her she is a lot stronger than the women at Koror (and some of the men too probably) that she does have a good shot at winning immunity- just by sheer determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    i'm SO glad Jeff didn't say "the tribe has spoken"!
    I'm sure Jeff was pretty glad too.
    Can you imagine how old that corny line has become?!
    Late to the Posting Party, but here all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    So Steph will be all alone with the cameraman tonight.

In Classic Joey Triviani style ---> "So how YOU doin?"
    Late to the Posting Party, but here all along.

I can't believe it never occurred to me that the teams had help getting to and from the challenges and Diatribal Council.

We saw how fed up Coby the Conniver was with the Worthless Wimmin (yes, I spelled it this way intentionally) of Koror. Stephenie is a worker. I think she will endear herself to him on the first day of the merge. This will give her an "IN" to both alliances. Which alliance will her paranoia pick?

I still say that Tom will go on Thursday if Greg the Jerk turns to the dark side right away with Jenn the Showerless. Tom and Ian seem to be concerned about the duo as a twosome threat, but not a threat to switch to Pantie Boy's team.

The Solong tribe has sent me through the full range of emotions (as many positive as negative) and provided so much FORT ammo it's hard not to appreciate them. It never fails to amaze me how many contestants act like they've never seen the show.

The Rodman
    wow.... wow..... wow...... can ANYbody say " She-Devil "? I mean how in the world does slippery-slimy-steph beat out 3 of the last men of her tribe is beyond me!!!! And I was soooooo sure she would've lost the fire 1 on 1 challenge.....

Quote Originally Posted by roddy
    wow.... wow..... wow...... can ANYbody say " She-Devil "? I mean how in the world does slippery-slimy-steph beat out 3 of the last men of her tribe is beyond me!!!! And I was soooooo sure she would've lost the fire 1 on 1 challenge.....
    Someone mentioned this earlier, but I got the impression that BJ threw the challenge. He was even looking at Steph to see how far she was and wasn't hussling at all. I think once he thought about it- decided he was done and didn't want to continue with the game.

It looked like Bobby Jon was intent on crafting the best fire, not the fastest one. Perhaps he went into robo-mode letting his hands do the thinking, and ending up falling back on the way that he always made fire at camp. Stephenie, not being as self indoctrinated as to what constituted a proper fire just went ahead and adhered to the spirit of the challenge.

I didn't get the sense that he threw the challenge, taking the moment to floss his teeth with the matches probably set him back a bit however, intentionally or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    It looked like Bobby Jon was intent on crafting the best fire, not the fastest one. Perhaps he went into robo-mode letting his hands do the thinking, and ending up falling back on the way that he always made fire at camp. Stephenie, not being as self indoctrinated as to what constituted a proper fire just went ahead and adhered to the spirit of the challenge.

I didn't get the sense that he threw the challenge, taking the moment to floss his teeth with the matches probably set him back a bit however, intentionally or not.
    I agree, I think he just started building a fire like usual, he realized too late he should be building a special type of fire; one that burns quickly and high.

When I saw that challenge, I thought that the best way to go would to build a really tall pile of sticks, then just drop a little coconut husk on the top, just an inch away from the torch, then light that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    What crazy twists? That's a serious question, as I said this is the first season of Survivor that I've watched and I haven't identified any crazy absurd twists.
    They only seem crazy to those of us who have watched the show for many seasons and so have expectations about what is going to happen...for example that the tribes will merge at some point before the jury ... or will switch with half the people moving to the other tribe... or that the teams will be fairly evenly balanced in their wins/losses. In the past when one team was so dominant it often did something (dumb) like throw a competition to get rid of a hated tribe member. There's really never been a season like this one. You picked a good one to start on!

+ Reply to Thread