+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 4/7/05 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I wonder what would happen if she just didn't show up for the challenge? Its not an issue that's ever had to be addressed before. Whether she was able to move that big boat in the water or not, she should pretend she can't. Why expend the energy? Her and BJ just barely got it in the water, no way can she do it herself.
    I doubt they've been rowing between islands themselves from the start. Rowing that boat in the open water (outside of their bay) means fighting all sorts of currents, if the tide wasn't right it could take most of a day to get where they are going with a whole crew of trained athletes. They'll just tow her like they've been doing all along, they'll just tow her a little closer.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I've never believed that the tribes are entirely responsible for getting themselves to and from TC since Pearl Islands. In that season, one tribe's island was approximately ten kilometers from TC; the other tribe was only half. Would one tribe be ordered to paddle twice as long as another - not likely.

It's also probably not all that safe to paddle a boat, period for several kilometers in the middle of the night. Sure, Survivor has its risks - but getting lost at sea in the middle of the night is probably not one of them.

Lipstick and Callous GlitterGabi's Avatar
    In my humble opinion, I think survivor has lost its orginal spark. The reason being is that the original game (Borneo+Outback) works out so smoothly and allows the game to be understood. With these new twists I think MB is ruining that magic that the show once possessed. So maybe instead of trying to shock the viewers with some crazy twist that is absurd, why dose'nt MB let the game be played out the way it was supposed to be.
    Ich liebe dich!

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    It may be entertaining on some nasty level, but it seems unfair to consider it a competition when the situation is such that by the time you arrive you're already depleted to the point of mumbling to yourself while staring off into neverneverland.
    I agree. I'm hoping they bring Koror to her to merge, and they'll have to see what it's been like living in her camp...snot rockets and all. Jenn and Janu, just to name two, could end up curled up into the fetal position.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterGabi
    In my humble opinion, I think survivor has lost its original spark. The reason being is that the original game (Borneo+Outback) works out so smoothly and allows the game to be understood.
    This is my first season watching Survivor so I'm not sure what you mean... I'm not having any difficulty understanding what's going on.

With these new twists I think MB is ruining that magic that the show once possessed.
    The show is in its tenth season. No show can can keep "the magic" it had in the beginning that long. Changes have to be made to keep it fresh or it just becomes more of the same.

So maybe instead of trying to shock the viewers with some crazy twist that is absurd, why dose'nt MB let the game be played out the way it was supposed to be.
    What crazy twists? That's a serious question, as I said this is the first season of Survivor that I've watched and I haven't identified any crazy absurd twists.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I agree. I'm hoping they bring Koror to her to merge, and they'll have to see what it's been like living in her camp...snot rockets and all. Jenn and Janu, just to name two, could end up curled up into the fetal position.
    I'm hoping they bring Steph to Koror and we find out she's got a phobia about rats and ends up going to pieces

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangelove
    You made a very good point and I agree with you almost completely. Now at the risk of sounding like a hippy:

I just wanted to defend a few of the contestants from the snarks coming their way. I'm fine with people calling any single contestant an idiot or a loser in an isolated instance, but it irks me when they take the insult even further. I agree that these people have a great opportunity and that they've signed their way into public criticism; they have set themselves up for humiliation and every manner of ridicule. However, this doesn't mean it's right to do so. Calling a single tribe member an idiot incapable of solving simple puzzles (or any other function), based on their Survivor performance, is mean spirited and deliberately obtuse.

Now a person's attitude is a completely different matter. I just feel bad when a tribe/tribe member tries their best and gets criticized on a personal level.
    That's the beauty of FORT, everyone is intitled to their own opinion. I don't think any Ulong members are very high on the intelligence and common sense ladder, beginning in ep. 1 when they booted Jolanda, a physically strong asset to the tribe, in favor of Kim, Ashley or James (3 useless liabilities). We could go down the list of every episode and what dumb thing they did each time but I am not going to change your opinion and your not going to change mine, so there's not much point

If you want to label it mean spirited and obtuse simply because it doesn't match your opinion and outlook of the contestants, that's your prerogative. I don't expect everyone to feel the same as me but I'm not going to get irked when they don't see things the way I do.

I also think that if your going to judge whether they are deserving or how good they are based on their survival performance, then you have to take the good with the bad. If they are gonna get the praise for doing well, then expect the pounding for bonehead stuff too. All we see to form ANY opinion on is what they choose to show us each week.

In my humble opinion, I think survivor has lost its orginal spark. The reason being is that the original game (Borneo+Outback) works out so smoothly and allows the game to be understood. With these new twists I think MB is ruining that magic that the show once possessed. So maybe instead of trying to shock the viewers with some crazy twist that is absurd, why dose'nt MB let the game be played out the way it was supposed to be.
    Because the show is no longer the mystery that it was for the contestants in the first few seasons and the contestants are not coming into it with the innocence and lack of strategy that they did in Borneo and the Outback.

With all of the contestants doing nothing but scheming from the get-go, you have to allow for changes to the game in order to keep them from getting complacent. Never again will you see the shock of the Gretchen ouster... someone who thought that being able to physically play the game would keep her to the end.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I find this to be the most interesting & compelling season in a long time. The twists, & now Steph being left alone on her island has really livened up the game. They had to do something to change it up & I think they have acheived it this year.

I agree, Razor. This has been such an enjoyable season for me. Some of the other more recent seasons, were okay, but didn't seem to have many interesting episodes that are worth remembering. But I have truly enjoyed watching the players chosen for Palau (even the ones I don't like), and all the firsts that have happened so far, and we're only halfway through the game. I'm loving this season.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread