+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 4/7/05 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    Don't the camera man and sound guy stand off to the side somewhere? Also, they can't help her either. but she's not alone, and that's a good thing. Personally, I'd freak out if I had to go back to camp in the dark.
    What's up witht the fear of being at camp alone? I guess I just can't understand because I've camped out by myself so much. For me, I'd be happy as a clam...not having to hear anymore bickering/strategizing, not watching the crazy man sling things, no projectile snot-blowing.... yeah, "just one' would be refreshing!
    (By the way, I just can't understand how anyone can still think BJ was all that hot after watching him blow boogers everywhere, without even showing respect enough to walk away from Steph. What a pig. But, I guess if raunchy personal habits aren't enough to make him seem ugly, have at it!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sukee
    ... well, not really alone, there is a cameraman
    A camera guy, two sound guys, a couple of technicians and at least one PA (production assistant). Double that if they have two camera crews working.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    There was quite a bit of talk about Janu wanting to go home. This would be bad news for Coby and good news for Tom and company. I guess Gregg thinks that his mini-alliance with Jen will keep him from being eliminated as soon as Coby doesn't need his vote anymore. Dream on traitor boy. If Gregg and Jenn cross to the dark side at the next tribal council, I don't see how any of my favs have a chance and Tom will go first.

My hope is for the turncoats to hold off switching teams so that the tribe can "speak" to Caryn next week. If Janu self-destructs for the following week, my favs will be sitting pretty.
    That's a pretty good point because if Janu wants out bad enough she might throw her vote, so even if Caryn does side with Coby and they have their number's, it'd still be a 4-4 tie. And that's assuming Jenn and Gregg stick with Coby.

I've never camped in my life, and I never want to (which is why I wouldn't do very good on this show) . Personally, I think I'd be more freaked out with all those people around than being by myself.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Actually, the more I think about it....each person must have three crews.....although Burnett doesn't want to talk about about it......people have mentioned that they were filmed....(with minor exceptions for potty breaks....) 24 hours a day.......and i can't imagine the camera men and sound guys wanting to work that long....minimally two crews...maybe three per person.....

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    What's up witht the fear of being at camp alone? I guess I just can't understand because I've camped out by myself so much. For me, I'd be happy as a clam...not having to hear anymore bickering/strategizing, not watching the crazy man sling things, no projectile snot-blowing.... yeah, "just one' would be refreshing!
    (By the way, I just can't understand how anyone can still think BJ was all that hot after watching him blow boogers everywhere, without even showing respect enough to walk away from Steph. What a pig. But, I guess if raunchy personal habits aren't enough to make him seem ugly, have at it!)
    I agree 100% on everything! Camping alone would be fabulous...and BJ blowing snot and yet, he's still cute. Total pig.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

BJ blowing what? Isn't that redundant? hehe...

FORT Fogey
    did bobby jon graduate from college??? i'm thinking no, or maybe i'm getting him confused with ibe who i know did not graduate, but anyway, graduate from college or not....he really doenst seem like the sharpest tool in the shed, believe i know, i've seen some not very smart people graduate from college, it really doesnt mean anything nowadays
    Yes, he graduated from Troy State with a degree in journalism/communications. It's in his bio and was apparently mentioned on The Early Show which I haven't gotten to see. I was hoping that'd be enough for people to go,"Ok, maybe he's smart and the fact that he's gotten oh say, 2 hours of sleep a night and is draining himself every day by working, that that's why he seems not as smart." I guess not. I am suffering away in college watching my own GPA drop and I'd like to think of myself as smart. And even if Bobby's not a rocket scientist, he is more self aware than most people that have ever been on this show, or people that I know in real life, and that is worth something.

I don't think we know enough about these people to pronounce their stupidity. Stephenie seems as sharp as they come, and Bobby Jon seems smart, just not very knowledgeble. BJ is probably much smarter than what his communication skills have let on anyway.

It's really easy to criticize people like this, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more empathetic. I'd rather not bust out any of my cheesy math camp stories, but it is really hard to solve a puzzle in poor conditions. There's just a lot more in solving a puzzle than people think, because we're all used to doing it in the comfort of our own home, without a great deal of pressure. I just don't think it's fair to expect Ulong to win in a mental challenge considering how mentally beaten they are. In fact, I'd say BJ and Steph would be just as any Kororian if they lived in freaking Shangri-La.
    Thank you! I'm not alone. I'm glad someone else, besides my mom and good friend, share my sentiments.

(which wouldn't be such a big deal if BJ hadn't been so surprised that Steph "can do anything a man can do" )
    Have you seen some of the chicks that have been on Survivor? Wow, no wonder he's surprised that someone as kick ass as Steph is as strong as a guy and I'm sorry but we ladies aren't built like guys. We aren't going to be as strong as them (we can't lift the weight they can, I mean, which is what he means). We are all amazed at how strong Steph is so we're no different than Bobby.

By the way, I just can't understand how anyone can still think BJ was all that hot after watching him blow boogers everywhere, without even showing respect enough to walk away from Steph. What a pig. But, I guess if raunchy personal habits aren't enough to make him seem ugly, have at it!
    Yes, that was disgusting but haven't you dealt with guys before? I have a dad and brother and they do so many gross things. It didn't really phase me that much. And I think it had to do with losing all the time and being just exhausted in every area possible. He just didn't care - he should've but whatever. No boy is perfect, they all have their faults. In day to day life I would bet you he isn't like that at all. It's just Survivor and it effects everybody differently. For him, it made him more...caveman like.

BTW, sorry if I sounded like I was lecturing but I just love Bobby and think he is a wonderful guy so yeah...I know not everyone agrees with me and I'm ok with that but he was just booted from the game so I'm a little bit more...salty.

If Steph actually makes it to the F2, it could work in her favor. The jury will be made up of Koror's and each voted off and could hold a grudge and vote for Steph for spite.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Did Coby say he was effeminate?

Oh. A feminist.

So, the women enjoyed being waited on. Nothing wrong with letting a big, strong, handsome fireman wait on you hand and foot.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood

So, the women enjoyed being waited on. Nothing wrong with letting a big, strong, handsome fireman wait on you hand and foot.
    Maybe Steph could invite Tom over to her camp to help tend her fire.

+ Reply to Thread