+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Show discussion 3/31

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I am wondering how they are going to do TC if the merge isn't this week and Ulong loses, as usual.
    From Ep.1 of S1 JP has always said, " Fire means life" ... my guess is that Ulong loses again, and some kind of fire challenge between Stephenie and BJ. The loser (BJ) goes to the confessional where he says how much he enjoyed the experience and he wishes he was still in the game. While the winner (Steph) sleeps with the enemy.

The fire challenge could be something like dousing each others fire ... or maybe a fire building challenge.

Just my guess.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

Tonight Thursday MUST be the merge. (I had NO idea what you were talking about at first, dawg)

I have to say that I laugh out loud every time someone says "I don't think it's my time to go yet." That's not your decision to make people.
    Last edited by dberk; 04-05-2005 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    Tonight MUST be the merge.

I have to say that I laugh out loud every time someone says "I don't think it's my time to go yet." That's not your decision to make people.

Damn, dberk ... does TAR have a merge too?

You're right tho' ... nobody knows what the right time to go is ... none of 'em wear watches. ( Okay dawg - thats a )
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

I hope the rat invasion we saw on the previews isn't going to be as bad as it looked, but just in case I have some exterminating tips...

1. Make a broom and keep camp as clean as possible.
    2. Be careful not to leave food scraps around.
    3. Build traps, catch rats, drown them in the ocean.
    4. Catch/kill snakes and leave them laying around camp.
    5. Throw the machete at them.

Don't be squeamish. When they invade your territory, it isn't murder; they are committing suicide.

I, too, am drawn to the crash scene that is Ulong's demise. It's almost a study in individualism: the team that opted not to form specialized roles (I vaguely remember an Ulong-er saying something to the effect that they'd all be the leader) has never coalesced into anything more than a collection of competitors. They lack the sense of themselves as a system of cogs and have acted more like a bunch of lone cogs rolling willy-nilly all over the factory floor.

Things will really get hot when the individual game overtakes the tribal one, especially if there's only one merg-ee from Ulong. I'm put in mind of trips in high school or college--you know, when you hang out and get chummy with people outside your circle, but when the trip's over, so's the friendship. (Everyone return to your clique!)

Watching this group of super-chummy folks switch from unity to factionalism is going to keep me glued until the bitter end.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I hope the rat invasion we saw on the previews isn't going to be as bad as it looked, but just in case I have some exterminating tips...

1. Make a broom and keep camp as clean as possible.
    2. Be careful not to leave food scraps around.
    3. Build traps, catch rats, drown them in the ocean.
    4. Catch/kill snakes and leave them laying around camp.
    5. Throw the machete at them.
    3.5 Roast then over an open fire.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Wanda could have sung to them.....that would scare any vermin away..only problem the whole camp would follow.......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567